missing resources and improvements

blindmouse

Chieftain
I have the following DLC's active with CCTP 4.05: GNK, BNW, Danes, Incas/Spain, Korea, Polynesia. I have howards DLL active as well so CCTP will run but no additional mods for the DLL are active.

Here are the issues:
1) Resources not showing in game, flax, berries, mangos, salt, honey, silk, and many more.
2) when copper working is researched, no tin or copper shows on map.
3) tipi improvement never shows.
4) after copper working no new improvements show when workers create them other than mine, farms, roads. And a couple of cities 'vanished' as well.

Just a bit frustrating, and I have tried lower graphics settings. I will get a set of logs together and forward them as well.

For #1 those resources require a tech prereq and also a policy prereq.

Spoiler :
Type, TechReveal, PolicyReveal,
'RESOURCE_RUBBER', 'TECH_RUBBER', 'POLICY_COMMERCE',
'RESOURCE_COCONUT', 'TECH_ECONOMY_OF_SCALE', 'POLICY_TRADITION',
'RESOURCE_TEA', 'TECH_AGRICULTURAL_REVOLUTION', 'POLICY_EXPLORATION',
'RESOURCE_FLAX', 'TECH_SCOUTING', 'POLICY_HONOR',
'RESOURCE_BERRIES', 'TECH_NATUROPATY', 'POLICY_PIETY',
'RESOURCE_CACAO', 'TECH_SACRIFICE_CULT', 'POLICY_EXPLORATION',
'RESOURCE_TIN', 'TECH_COPPER_WORKING', 'POLICY_LIBERTY',
'RESOURCE_AMBER', 'TECH_WOOD_CLEARING', 'POLICY_LIBERTY',
'RESOURCE_MANGANESE', 'TECH_AGRICULTURAL_SCIENCES', 'POLICY_COMMERCE',
'RESOURCE_ALOE_VERA', 'TECH_AGRICULTURAL_SCIENCES', 'POLICY_PIETY',
'RESOURCE_TITANIUM', 'TECH_METALLURGY', 'POLICY_RATIONALISM',
'RESOURCE_POPPY', 'TECH_AGRICULTURAL_SCIENCES', 'POLICY_COMMERCE',
'RESOURCE_COFFEE', 'TECH_COFFEE_TRADE', 'POLICY_EXPLORATION',
'RESOURCE_WOOD', 'TECH_WOODWORKING', 'POLICY_EXPLORATION',
'RESOURCE_OAK', 'TECH_WOODWORKING', 'POLICY_HONOR',
'RESOURCE_MANGO', 'TECH_FRUITS', 'POLICY_TRADITION',
'RESOURCE_BARLEY', 'TECH_AGRICULTURE', 'POLICY_TRADITION',
'RESOURCE_CORN', 'TECH_AGRICULTURE', 'POLICY_TRADITION',
'RESOURCE_TOBACCO', 'TECH_TOBACCO_TRADING', 'POLICY_COMMERCE',
'RESOURCE_HONEY', 'TECH_CEREMONIAL_DANCE', 'POLICY_HONOR',
'RESOURCE_JADE', 'TECH_RAW_MATERIALS', 'POLICY_COMMERCE',

For copper, there had been reports with previous version of resources disappearing, but I didn't know the trigger causing it. I will check it out and let you know. Thanks for reporting knowing what causes it helps a lot.

I ran a test and for me copper and tin both showed up, as did tipi. Improvements also showed after being built. I could be some combination of things causing this effect, but I don't know just yet.

Could you post your logs and maybe your save, hopefully I can track it down. I have to go out of town this weekend, so it may take me a few days to do.

Interesting I knew of course about the tech dependency, hence the thread, but was not aware of a possible policy facet as well for some resources. Seems a bit useless to have a tech say for flax or berries not appear after researching because of dependency. But that can be learned and handled, in a way it makes sense for some resources.

Just for clarification I went as far as the start of the Classical period to give things a chance to stabilize before I quit. And I ran several different configurations of the DLC's, adding the Mongols or the the Babylonians and removing them. After I noticed this and achieved no success

I have seen salt come up with the proper DLC's and no additional mods for the dhowards DLL but that is it. I have made sure that all other resource hogs on my system have been shut down like my database servers. Machine is big enough but there would bound to be issue. Did not have them off at first so I thought that was the problem.

I have made sure that all other resource hogs on my system have been shut down like my database servers. Machine is big enough but there would bound to be issue. Did not have them off at first so I thought that was the problem.

The problem is probably not your computer, CiV is not coded in 64 bit and only uses 2 gigabyte of ram.

I suspected that although only a few mods do not work. I will have to see if I can run it in 32-bit mode, but I doubt it I have yet to see that option for Civ on my system. THAT is probably the entire issue, may not fail at first just lays there like a 'time bomb' so to speak. :cool:

here are the logs requested, I downloaded and installed the latest version (v6),
still missing any resource that are not from vanilla game.

Checked all drivers for DX11, video card, AMD catalyst everything is up to date. 32-bit Civ does run fine under 64-bit Windows 7. All other 32-bit games are running well even Civ 3 and 4.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 184
  • Lua.txt
    34 bytes · Views: 154
  • xml.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 162
The lua log is empty.
So i cant say if the resources are contributed or not.

You also can use IGE, and then just activate it in game, with IGE you should see all resources.

correct I am using v6 of the mod, per gilga's suggestion I loaded the IGE and viewed the map. I saw the resources allocated to the hexes but there were no visible overlays.

I cleared the cache and included the Mongol and Babylonian DLC's per the req's in the mod description, do not have the Wonders of the Ancient World. But still have no resources that are from the extended set showing or even indicating in the roll over terrain overlay that they are even there. The IGE does show that they are allocated.
So I am at a loss as to what is happening other than the system itself. I am going to find a 32-bit system to set up on and see what happens unless someone have another suggestion or insight.

Thanks for all of the help.

I stop at flax (Neurapaty) or the next tech that gives you Berries. I have seen nothing about the policies affecting the presence of resources. You have mentioned that before and I made the mistake of assuming that I did since I was using Sedentary as my initial policy. Have I missed something?

apologies I missed the spoiler information I will proceed with this information and see what I get thanks.

one last thing though running v6, when ruins award either a scout or settler I get a free caveman instead. which considering the persistence of the barbarians now is not a bad thing but it would be nice to get the unit stated, or is this because of the age that I am in at the time? Still pre-historic.

There were quite a few complaints previously about getting settlers/scouts from goody huts before the player could produce them themselves, so a mechanic was added to block this until the player could actually built the units, it is replaced with caveman because due to vanilla game code, it had to be a unit.

I think people felt getting the units that early unbalanced the game too much in their favor.

If you want to remove this, and get settler/scout early, just remove the file GoodyHutEdit.lua from :
Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Community Call To Power v4.05 DLL Version V.3 (v 6)\CCTP\BalanceLuas

Top Bottom