Monstrous Creatures

Precisely what is Meshabber?

Good question. Why not post it in the lore forum?
I understand the Avatar of Wrath is Aeron's Archangel, and though I am not sure how what he does specifically breaks the Compact, he seems much more likely to be affected than a mundane demon, however hulking.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that he belongs to Camulos, not Aeron. Wrath is a more camulos-oriented thing, since as far as I'm aware, aeron is more cold and calculating.

The Avatar of Wrath is Camullos' archangel. (Previously he was a manifestation of collective fear and anger, like the 4 hordemen are manifestations of the gods fears.)

Aeron's archangel is Odio, who can appropriately still be found in Odio's Prison. (In my version, he can also be freed from his prison after you learn Rage. Runemasters can however have him pulled back back in to the Earth.)

Aeron is cold and calculating, but Odio is best known for going on a rampage, defying Aeron's order to cease fire. Odio and the Avatar of Wrath seem fairly similar, and probably got along quite well. Odio was leading an army of Ira when he was pulled into the earth by Kilmorph, and the Avatar of Wrath leads the Ira now.

Yeah I'd like to see Odio be able to be rescued from his prison.

Square in "dumb question" territory, but I grabbed the zip of v 1.0, and am a little baffled into which folders each of the items ought be extracted. Some seem to be art, lots are xml, I don't have a decent enough grip on the directory structure to know where to put things (I blame being spoiled by self extracting installer exe's!).

Thanks for any aid.

Lastly, known issues.
1. Those who have been following this thread, may notice the omission of anything to do with war elephants. I've dropped War Elephants due to art problems. There were over 15 unique war elephant models, making a lot to change, and going beyond the scope of this module.

2. There is a graphical issue with the new promotions. In the little info box that appears when hovering over a unit, the promotion icons are pink boxes. but they're visible everywhere else. I'll fix this if possible, when I find out how.

Not noticing the promotion problem at all.... Have you already fixed it?

You've incorporated it into FF plus?

if so, that might explain it. I'm suspectng that the issue was something to do with it being a module.

So which Civ gets to play with Goliath?

What about Odio? I know his art doesn't exist yet but...Odio!

People have released art for Odio before, but I personally think that a reskinned and oversized Repentant Angel would fit him better.

People have released art for Odio before, but I personally think that a reskinned and oversized Repentant Angel would fit him better.

Reskinned how? What things would have to be changed?
Also, what way would be best for Odio to enter the world? Some sort of spell cast on Odio's Prison ?

hmm, I'd disagree there personally. I'm of the viewpoint that brigit would serve anyone who freed her, preferring to work for evil than remain trapped for eternity.

As I understand, Odio is archangel of the body sphere, and was contained for refusing to stop fighting. So generally, it makes sense that he'd only care about killing things, and probably assist whoever allows him to do so.

I like the idea of being able to control both at once, personally :)

Repentant Angels actually look a lot like how I picture Odio, and might not really need much reskinning. I haven't looked at the model lately (and don't have time to now, as I'm up trying finish my Structural Analysis homework and only online to break the monotony to try to stay awake), but the only thing that really comes to mind is that the little bit of white cloth should probably be a different color. You might want more changes too though, so it is easier to tell the units apart without having to make him so much bigger that he makes nearby units hard to select. I could see Odio having a less natural skin town, maybe a dark shade of purple or something close to the gray color he looks in statue form.

Currently in my version I have a spell called Unleash Odio that any unit can cast on the tile once the owner knows Rage. I used to have this kill the caster and summon Odio in XML, but I decided against letting Odio get the summon perks of the unit that freed him and I found myself always sending a cheap expendable unit to summon him and figured I might as well get rid of that too. Since python was needed to remove Odio's Prison (and the body mana in contains in my version, and FF too I believe), I figured I might as well create Odio there too. I gave it a really high AI weight, and so I find that an AI almost always gets Odio before I can.

My Odio has Demon, Hero, Crazed, Fear, Aeron's Chosen, March, Water Walking, Blitz, Body 2, and Chaos 2. He also gains Enraged from combat (with living units), so while it is pretty easy to get him he is very hard to actually control. He has 2 moves, strength 6/1 + 4 Unholy + 2 Poison + 2 Body affinity. (My Brigit is stronger than normal too.)

I also created another spell, Bury Hatred, that does the opposite of Unleash Odio; if a Runekeeper can get within range of Odio, he can use the power of Kilmorph to draw the demon back into the earth, destroying the unit and creating a new Odio's prison on its tile.

Sorry to revive what may be a dead thread, but I would like to comment on why different dragons should be elementally based (If this has been answered and/or addressed already, forgive me, but I didn't feel like reading 9 pages).

I like the idea of the red dragon being fire based, the gold dragon being holy, and the black dragon being poison.

For those familiar with the wonderful world of Dragonlance, these would be fitting elemental choices for the color of dragons.

After thinking about it further, creating a blue dragon with water/ice elemental strength, a green dragon with poison/acid, etc, would be quite interesting IMO.

4 dragons just doesn't seem like enough to me....but I haven't the slightest clue how to mod and 2 kids, work, AND school won't allow me much time for learning.

Just a random thought, but I do think it's an interesting minimod. :)

Top Bottom