Naeralith Reborn: MODMOD Design and Implementation

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh ... any news on the final civ thread?

And I am back writing. Whoop!

Some UUs I have been thinking of (suggestions ;))

Margoria: Abysswalkers (duh ;))

Kysume: Kysumian cannons: imagine rat people firing cannons

Slythians: Echidna: Immortal Replacement require level 9(TAKE THAT!), start with cannibal

Essyliane: The Pure: Champion replacement, more expensive, and have additional +1 fire strength. Yeah, Holy flame + Sword: Sizzling demon bacon pie

Louianna: Privateer(to increase confusion from normal privateers :evil: have +2 strength from normal, more expensive too): If they want to control trade... :evil:

Tunive: Appaloosas: Knight replacement, have +1 movement from normal THERE IS NO BAD PART, :mwaha:

DA DAAAAA the final copy of the Naeralith terrain map :) next up: cities!

Attachments

• Naeralith Terrain Map.jpg
    Naeralith Terrain Map.jpg
    520.5 KB · Views: 102
er, so which civ was chosen?

The map is incredible :goodjob:

However, it's weird that you have snow north on the east continent but not on the west continent at the same (more or less) latitude. I guess it's because it's a fantasy world but...

The gulf Stream effect? :)

er, so which civ was chosen?

oh yeh! *yells at Al* WE HAVENT ANOUNCED THE WINNER YET!

*drum roll please*

and the winner is...

*continued drum roll*

Vernacular with the Glaer!

This civ was chosen primarily because of the good back story already made up by Vernacular, as well as its ability to easilly integrate into the world that ALzara has already envisioned. Not to mention i personally love the idea, as well as popular oppinion *cough*sevenvotes*cough* (i guess it helped that Al and Seon both liked them too) sooo its kinda unanimous :)

but yeh, awsome idea Vernacular, and id love to hear any further idea you (or anyone) have on this civ :)

However, it's weird that you have snow north on the east continent but not on the west continent at the same (more or less) latitude. I guess it's because it's a fantasy world but...

Ah yes, the old 'but the biomes dont fit with the latitudes' story. i had a bit of a go at al about this too ;) and i was sorely tempted to put snow on the the forest in the unseelie court, but decided against it to please Al ;)

But yeh, the gulf stream effect could be an answer... or you could turn to the cure-all... MAGIC :D

Great for the Glaer! I voted for them :goodjob:

About the gulf stream thingie: well, you aren't forced to do Earth-plausible things as long as it is somehow explained... Magic is enough for me :p

Ah yes, the old 'but the biomes dont fit with the latitudes' story. i had a bit of a go at al about this too ;) and i was sorely tempted to put snow on the the forest in the unseelie court, but decided against it to please Al ;)

Whahhh???? I didnt say no snow on the Unseelie :p

Actually I think it would look nice with some snow on the Unseelie forests ;)

I was actually about to announce the winner but u beat me to it. Damn students with no jobs ;) (OK OK OK I know ur exams are killing you... please dont eat my face! LOL) :)

Congrats Vernacular! Would be great if you would join the team. I want to discuss ideas for the Glaer with u :D

Also, in relation to the occaisional terrain oddity, there are some explainations.
In reference to the desert east of Alvacon, twas blasted muchas by Alzara in times gone by, so there isnt much there.
Sudden ends in jungle are deforestation and some desertification.
And, the Eye of Naeralith is... well... cool... LOL :D

Also, the equator kinda runs through Scarthia, Louianna etc so it is hottest there. Scarthia is a crater in case people are wondering. Also people need to bear in mind that there are lots of unexplored seas on Naeralith. By that I mean they are to the east and west, so setting off from Louianna going west doesnt mean you'll hit Minlaya a few days later :)

Al

EDIT: Btw ty muchas PL. We spent so long sitting down over the map :) I will draw some cities on soon... interested to see how ur gonna prettify them :D

I was actually about to announce the winner but u beat me to it. Damn students with no jobs (OK OK OK I know ur exams are killing you... please dont eat my face! LOL)

consider your face eaten ;)

interested to see how ur gonna prettify them

O_O me too

Actually I think it would look nice with some snow on the Unseelie forests

haha ok then :p (but you did say 'theres no snow on the western continent' ;) )

EDIT: anything else you want done to the map?

EDIT 2: I redid the civ boundaries to be more natural and follow mountain ridges/rivers/forest edges etc. I also added the Glaer and thier flag symbol, as well a a couple of colour tweeks. see what you think. (i was procrastinating... but HOORAH my last exam is over in 5 hours! then im freeeeeee! :D)

Attachments

• Naeralith Terrain and Territory Map.jpg
    Naeralith Terrain and Territory Map.jpg
    524.6 KB · Views: 121
consider your face eaten ;)

O_O me too

haha ok then :p (but you did say 'theres no snow on the western continent' ;) )

EDIT: anything else you want done to the map?

EDIT 2: I redid the civ boundaries to be more natural and follow mountain ridges/rivers/forest edges etc. I also added the Glaer and thier flag symbol, as well a a couple of colour tweeks. see what you think. (i was procrastinating... but HOORAH my last exam is over in 5 hours! then im freeeeeee! :D)

Man ur awesome! Congrats on another year at uni finished :)

Al

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom