NBA Offseason/Labormagedon thread

He's in NEW YAWK so he's more important. he's also only started 3 games and he's gone for what, 20 and 8 each time?

His PG matchup isn't the most important thing...there aren't THAT many point guards who are excellent individual, on ball defenders. What's going to be interesting is how he adapts to strong interior defenders. If Lin can't get to the basket, his ability to set up easy jump shots or score himself will be hurt, since he hasn't shown he's a very good jump shooter yet.

He may very well be a perfectly good rotation point guard. He's got great size and a good handle. but in the words of the immortal Winston Wolf, "lets not go round sucking each other's dongs just yet."

Evan Turner has become a pretty good defender for the Night Shift eh Justo? I wonder what kind of production he would give to a team that didn't have a logjam at the wing. I wonder if the Sixers try to make a trade and go all in this season, since with a few lucky breaks, they might be an Eastern Conference Finals team right now. After the top 2 in the East, there isn't really a great team.
thanks for that :) we'll see how he does over the long haul.

you wrote "Night Shift" :lol: that's the nickname the tv color guy Malik Rose gave them :lol: he got the job this season b/c his predecessor fell asleep on the job last year :lol:

turner is surely getting better. he's shooting better than last year and has cut down on the turnovers. he's playing real good defense too. so we're just happy to see a progression. iguodala making the eastern all stars is a big deal for the team. 1st non-iverson and reserve all star selection for a 76er since theo ratliff in '01 :eek: i still cringe though when he has the ball in his hands late in games. ft% has plummeted this year too. but he can ball, especially on defense. he needs to clamp down on lebron for philly fans to look at him as elite though. and he hasn't matched up well with the heat so far this year. there have been rumblings that he is still on the block as part of a package to get a big. local scribes say almost 0% chance d howard comes here.

I think that dt is well familiar with the work of Eric Snow, having had to suffer through a large chunk of the last decade with him at PG for Cleveland. :p Snow made the 2007 Finals at least 33% more unwatchable.

turner is surely getting better. he's shooting better than last year and has cut down on the turnovers. he's playing real good defense too. so we're just happy to see a progression. iguodala making the eastern all stars is a big deal for the team. 1st non-iverson and reserve all star selection for a 76er since theo ratliff in '01 :eek: i still cringe though when he has the ball in his hands late in games. ft% has plummeted this year too. but he can ball, especially on defense. he needs to clamp down on lebron for philly fans to look at him as elite though. and he hasn't matched up well with the heat so far this year. there have been rumblings that he is still on the block as part of a package to get a big. local scribes say almost 0% chance d howard comes here.
It's been that long? Man, Theo Ratliff wasn't even good...that was just a bad year for Centers in the East. Iggy deserves it, and I hope he finds a way on to team USA this year. He was an awesome part of the team USA "B: team.

I've heard a few Evan Turner/Anderson Varejao type trades, but now that Andy is hurt for a while, I don't think it's happening. I'd certainly love to have him on my team.

I think that dt is well familiar with the work of Eric Snow, having had to suffer through a large chunk of the last decade with him at PG for Cleveland. :p Snow made the 2007 Finals at least 33% more unwatchable.

irjtvsdorge Eric Snow was the worst non-center shooter I've ever seen in my life. On the rare occasions when he'd make a layup, the crowd would sarcastically cheer for him. Snow wasn't the worst defender in the world though.

:lol: snow laid a ton of bricks in philly too :lol: real good defender and took care of the ball. a facilitator for AI in his time in philly.

i don't want them to trade turner unless it's a no-brainer!

Be careful what you wish for - brains seem to be conspicuously lacking in NBA front offices... ;)

Is he still winning? I thought they lost to the Hornets the other day, and he had 9 turnovers. I'm not NBA fan, but 9 turnovers seems l like a lot. I'm still not convinced with this guy. NBA players routinely get on hot streaks, but once their confidence gets shaken, some don't recover. So we'll see if he recovers when his confidence gets shaken and his hot streak ends. Another thing is if he can perform in the playoffs.

A lot of black players have a right to be upset. He's only getting so much attention because he's asian. Black players do what he does every day and don't get that amount of recognition. I feel racist too, because I'm only paying attention to the Knicks because of Lin. I feel bad about that, but for some reason it does seem exciting.

Disgustipated said:
Black players do what he does every day and don't get that amount of recognition.

Wow I didn't know Mayweather posted on this forum too.

I grabbed these off a quick google search, and this has been highlighted by ESPN and other news networks as well:

"Lin has scored 136 points in his first five starts, the most out of ANY player in the NBA ever since the ABA merger."

"According to the Elias Sports Bureau, only four players since the 1977-1978 NBA-ABA merger -- Bernard King, Shaquille O’Neal, Brandon Jennings and Michael Jordan -- have scored more points in their first eight career starts than Lin’s 200."

Even ignoring that, how many black people who didn't get any college scholarship, went undrafted in the NBA, got cut from two teams, was about to get cut from his current one, before leading his team to a 7 game winning streak? The knicks were doing horribly before Lin, and now he is elevating everyone's level of play. They beat the mavericks today, the former championship team with great defense. Six people on the Knicks had scores in the double digits.

Also not sure why people still hate on Lin, he is really nice and humble, and always deflecting praise to teammates.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/37261/lin-makes-the-difference-for-the-knicks

Is he still winning? I thought they lost to the Hornets the other day, and he had 9 turnovers. I'm not NBA fan, but 9 turnovers seems l like a lot. I'm still not convinced with this guy. NBA players routinely get on hot streaks, but once their confidence gets shaken, some don't recover. So we'll see if he recovers when his confidence gets shaken and his hot streak ends. Another thing is if he can perform in the playoffs.

Had 14 assists, 5 steals, 28 points against the Mavericks yesterday. You're talking out of your butt I'm pretty sure.

A lot of black players have a right to be upset. He's only getting so much attention because he's asian. Black players do what he does every day and don't get that amount of recognition. I feel racist too, because I'm only paying attention to the Knicks because of Lin. I feel bad about that, but for some reason it does seem exciting.

Now I'm completely sure.

Black point guards routinely average double digit assists and save their teams season while their best two players are out.

HERE COMES THE LINQUISITION, DISGUSTIPATED!

I can't believe it but the Knicks are actually one of the deeper teams in the league now.

Yea it's kinda scary... D'Antoni is either going to have to go with a 9-man rotation or start sitting Landry Fields.

The other option would be sitting Novak but the guy is shooting 46% from 3-pt, he should keep getting minutes. They've got a good combo of shooters (Novak, J.R.) and defenders (Jeffries, Shumpert) to come off the bench. Curious to see who will be starting at the 2 when Melo comes back.

Bibby should get cut if Baron shows he can contribute anything at all. Altho it wouldn't surprise me if it was Bill Walker that got the ax. Weird to me that we could have Bibby and Baron Davis riding the pine.

Right now they have 10 guys who have earned playing time plus Davis coming back.

Despite Davis' apparent conditioning woes i assume he will still be able to pick up between 10-20 minutes as a servicable backup PG who will also probably play a little 2 guard with Lin on the Floor.

I still like Fields as the starter at the 2. Hes been showing his ability to fill the stat sheets and his passing game has improved plus his defense and great chemistry with Lin over the streak warrant him playing time.
Smith and Shumpert also fit well coming off the bench. Smith is the scoring spark they've needed all season in the second unit and Shumpert is really becoming a lock down wing defender who will see some important minutes against Rondo, Rose and Wade come playoff time.

Melo obviously has the SF position all to himself. I wouldn't be surprised to see Fields (6'7'' and a good slasher) playing some time at the 3 as well as Smith.

STAT and Chandler get the start at the 4 and 5 but you have Jeffries playing great defense and you also have Josh Harrellson coming back who has earned some time and is also not a complete offensive liability like Jeffries.

This leaves Steve Novak as the odd man out but i expect D'antoni's love affair with shooters to get him some minutes.

If all the pieces fall into place as they should this will be a dangerous team come playoff time and can beat anyone.

I'm sorry but black people don't get to complain about how much attention they aren't getting. As I recall it, this one black athlete got an entire 60-minute prime time show just so he could announce where he was playing next season.

Top Bottom