New civ linked to new resource

Kangaroos and Maple Syrup are pretty ridiculous, but I don't think Buffalo is particularly silly or cheesy, only obvious. I don't think many of us expect (or want) Australia or Canada anyways, while the Sioux have already been represented, albeit awkwardly. And yeah, if your idea for the resource has the civilization's name in front of it, it might not be the most solid pick. The thing with Inuit and Seals is again, that's like straight out of a fan-mod and I wonder if they'd be willing to do that, instead of, say, an ice trap or something.

I just cant believe someone would seriously think they would add Inuits to the game. That is just not gonna happen. Never.

Phoenicia and Indonesia are some of the more serious options here.

Maybe like the whole Netherlands/Polder/Tulips theory in G&Ks, the Inuit are going to get an Ice Trap/Seals thing. Ice Trap could be built on snow tiles (perhaps tiles that are adjacent to ice?) and would generate a food yield as well as a unique luxury.

I just cant believe someone would seriously think they would Inuits to the game. That is just not gonna happen. Never.

Source?

Look, I don't say they're a likely choice. But they're a very widespread group who are certainly unique enough to bring a brand new experience to gameplay. Frankly, I think a lot of these "they will never add this group" arguments got diluted a lot when they put the Huns in. They couldn't even come up with a city list for them (which should have been a clue they may not have been the best choice), but they put them in anyway. The Inuit are not more unlikely than the Huns.

Inuit are very similar to Polynesia, fan favorites, the ultimate form of the civ was basically a cumulation of fan suggestions, over a huge territory covering a geographic area never touched in the world, offering new distinctive gameplay, etc.

Sounds like a great darkhorse civ and they are currently my pick to replace the Pueblo

Seals have been a huge resource for centuries and the conflicts with Aleuts/Inuits/etc. over seals has played a strong part in the region's history

Inuit are very similar to Polynesia, fan favorites, the ultimate form of the civ was basically a cumulation of fan suggestions, over a huge territory covering a geographic area never touched in the world, offering new distinctive gameplay, etc.

Sounds like a great darkhorse civ and they are currently my pick to replace the Pueblo

Seals have been a huge resource for centuries and the conflicts with Aleuts/Inuits/etc. over seals has played a strong part in the region's history

Well, they could certainly have a distinctive leaderhead screen.

The Inuit aren't very likely, I agree, at least not until Nunavut has been around for a bit longer, simply for reasons of a good enough leader, but it would be a nice change. Snow and tundra tiles are always useless until later in the game when you find out they might have some oil, so an Inuit civilization can change that. Again, though, I don't really expect them for at least another few decades.

P.S. they can also get a kayak unit, not just a dog sled. Not sure if that's more interesting, though.

Yep, our modders have made some great suggestions for the Inuit - But Seals are one of the most common suggestions for them [And for the snow/arctic regions]

[/

If Inuit is in, I'll (gladly) eat my hat!

Seriously though, a civ linked to a resource, I can only think of Sioux and Inuit...

Or maybe they'll go wild and add Tacos with Mexico :p

I think a lot of people are thinking of this based on what they want, not what make sense.

In that regard i would say that the resource is "Dulce de Leche" and the Civ is Argentina. But that would be ridiculous!.

I think only Bison and Seals make sense. But i really don't see the Inuit being included in the game.

I can't see the Sioux getting in Civ 5, which is largely why I don't think it can be them [Because of criticism from Civ4, what we know they were thinking about with Native American civs and the Pueblo debacle, etc].

Kongo still makes sense as long with Venice [And potentially Indonesia].

My problem with Civ IV was that they put in a generic "Native American" civ, lumping all the pre-Columbian groups north of Mexico into one amorphous entity. It was a stupid thing to do, and they deserved criticism for it. I don't think that would preclude the inclusion of the Sioux as the Sioux, with a Sioux leader, Sioux UA, Sioux UU/UB/UI, and Sioux city names. (Maybe even call them "the Lakota" instead of "the Sioux".) I don't see where that would be objectionable.

I think a lot of people are thinking of this based on what they want, not what make sense.

In that regard i would say that the resource is "Dulce de Leche" and the Civ is Argentina. But that would be ridiculous!.

I think only Bison and Seals make sense. But i really don't see the Inuit being included in the game.

It will probably NOT be bisons or seals. It will be some luxury that the Civ is famous for making or luxury resource famous for only small area. Glass, Cedar, Olive oil or something like that.

That practically of the big 4 (Pueblo, Mississippians, Comanche, and Sioux) that they were the least important. That the Pueblo showed that they wanted to include some diversity that they hadn't done before. The fact that people have complained about the Sioux on Civ Fanatics and 2K ever since Civ 4's inclusion of Sitting Bull - Quite a few factors that are negatives against the Sioux

That practically of the big 4 (Pueblo, Mississippians, Comanche, and Sioux) that they were the least important. That the Pueblo showed that they wanted to include some diversity that they hadn't done before. The fact that people have complained about the Sioux on Civ Fanatics and 2K ever since Civ 4's inclusion of Sitting Bull - Quite a few factors that are negatives against the Sioux

My impression is that people weren't upset with Sitting Bull but rather "Sitting Bull of the Native American Empire."

Olive oil wouldn't give away that it was Italy. It was used heavily by the Greeks and Romans, who are already in. It would fit quite well with them without adding anyone new.

Top Bottom