Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all!

New version inbound! This one is quite stable, enough so that I'm officially labeling it 1.0. We're doing a soft-reboot on the versioning system, so out with the old date-numeric model, and in with a traditional versioning system. This is also the first version in awhile that will be the basis for the 'How to Install' page, so this should clear up 'which version?' concerns.

Rules for versioning.

Spoiler :

x.y.z

x = major revision or update (rare to change without warning)
y = save-game incompatible revision
z = save game compatible revision

Lengthy changelog, courtesy @Recursive, @pineappledan, myself, and many others. Thank you mod team!

This version is not savegame compatible.

Link to version: Google Drive

Spoiler :

General
- Added global notifications for nuclear strikes/interceptions and Defensive Pacts
- Brokered peace is now announced worldwide to players that have met the broker and the player who agreed to make peace
- Brokered war notifications now work as follows: anyone with surveillance established in either the broker or the warrior's cities will learn about the deal, and share the intrigue with all of their teammates, DPs, masters, vassals and friends (but no chain sharing).
- Diplomacy flavors and major approach biases now have a default XML value of 5 if not specified by the modder; -1 for City-State approach biases (always 1 ingame). Code for this is in CoreTableEntries.sql.
- The code section which overrides custom civs' non-diplo flavors is now clearly marked near the start of CoreTableEntries.sql
- Added DiploAI "cheat" options to disable demands and independence requests from the AI
- Code cleanup
- Worked on deal rewewal logic and bugs related to phantom resources/GPT
- Fixed issues with spy mission yields and expiration
- Major adjustments to diplo AI
- Fixed no-EUI notification UI issue

AI
- Approach biases are still capped between 1-10, but no longer need to be high to impact diplo personality selection; they now only matter relative to each other (3 War/5 Friendly = 5 War/7 Friendly).
- Small tweaks to warmonger logic
- Small tweaks to diplo bonuses for liberating cities
- Vassals can now receive warmongering penalties for conquering cities, and voluntary vassals no longer get their penalty reset (their masters ignore the warmongering)
- More nuance to AI reactions for brokered war/peace
- AI now applies a diplo bonus for accepting less than the maximum peace deal value (to "recent diplomatic actions"); buggy recent trade bonus removed
- Non-founder AIs should no longer build Borobudur or Cathedral of St. Basil
- Non-founder AIs should no longer build Hagia Sophia unless they're still able to found a religion
Bugfixes
- Fixed major bug causing AI to be overly eager to become a vassal
- Fixed a bug halving the warmonger penalty for capturing a city
- Numerous bugfixes for opinion modifiers, including gamespeed scaling for recent trade/etc.
- Fixed bugs with DP and most valuable ally selection
- Fixed AI using a denouncement message when declaring war
- Fixed issues with AI acting hostile/not hostile inappropriately
- Text fixes

Misc
- Hid "Diplomacy is easier on your difficulty level" modifier on lower difficulties; requires special setting to display
- Observer is now notified of World Congress vote & project results as well as the new global notifications
- Observer/Diplo Debug Mode now sends a notification whenever a brokered war/peace deal is agreed to
- Observer/Diplo Debug Mode now displays the AI's top friend/DP choices, biggest competitor and biggest World Congress rival
- World Congress voting logic improvements from Milae
- World Congress host now makes their proposal first, then the other two civs make their proposal (can take 2 turns instead of 1 now)

General Civ Changes:

Moves Mandekalu back to Knight (25 CS)
Moves Carolean back to Rifleman (41 CS)
Gives Naga Malla Barrage I
Gives Naresuan General stacking
Removes general stacking from Carolean
Buffs Grenadier from 10 AOE damage on kill to 15
Nerfs Atlatl strike from 50% vs wounded to 33%
makes Quinquereme Heavy assault stay on upgrade
Splits Impi bonus vs gunpowder and ranged strike onto separate promotions, and lets bonus vs gunpowder stay on upgrade
Boosts Siam's yields from CS from 75% to 100%
Removes Iroquois bonus 20% CS from nearby National Wonders
moves ability to ignore CS allied and Declarations of Protection status when bullying from Mongols to Zulu
Moves White Tower from being a unique National Intelligence Agency to a unique Ironworks
Fixes Songhai and Iroquois UA descriptions from "ignores terrain costs" to "moves through X as if they were roads"

Major Civ changes:

Mongolian Khans can now construct the unique Ordo Citadel replacement.
- Instead of high defense and damage to adjacent units, the Ordo gives movement to units that move through it.
- Khans now give a small amount of damage to adjacent enemy units, equivalent to the amount they heal friendly units.

Makes the Landsknecht the German UU, replacing the Panzer
Adds the Free Company unit as the Authority policy finisher unit

American UB change

Changes the American unique Hermitage from the Smithsonian to Independence Hall.
Independence Hall unlocks 3 extra Modern Era wonders: The Smithsonian (culture/science), West Point (military), and Hoover Dam (Tourism/Production)

Indonesia has been reworked:

Gains an additional 5% to Global Modifiers and +2 Happiness and Tile Yields from all Luxury resource monopolies
Cloves: 2 gold base; 1 faith/gold improved
Pepper: 1 gold/food base; 1 faith/gold improved
Nutmeg: 1 gold/production; 1 culture/gold improved
Candi/Garden Resource yields:
Cloves: +1 Faith/Culture
Pepper: +1 Faith/Gold
Nutmeg: +1 Culture/Production
Monopoly bonuses:
Cloves: +6 Happiness
Pepper: +3 food on tile
Nutmeg: +10% production on empire
Candi WLTKD yield modifiers reduced to +15% Culture/Faith

Kris Swordsman Promotion Changes:

Recruitment and Heroism Removed
Sneak Attack: +20% Flanking bonus. Ignores Terrain Costs and Zone of Control
Invulnerability: Damage from all sources reduced by 2. +20 HP when healing
Enemy Defection: 10 HP Every Turn if the unit ends its turn in Enemy Territory. 10 Damage to Adjacent Enemy Units Each turn

Spies
Detected (but not identified) spies will remain at their posts and will re-run their current mission automatically
Identified spies will return to HQ for reassignment, KIA spies return in a casket, obv.
Adjust outcomes and rewards for spy missions to make them more worthwhile
Reworked spy notifications to be less spammy and more informative; also fixed issues with spy event outline in event orerview

As you can see, many changes are a result of polling on the forums. Yay!

In addition, @Stalker0 is working on a more streamlined method for changes to be incorporated via polls/processes, which is sorely needed.

Finally, if you haven't joined the OFFICIAL DISCORD, well...why not? Join up! Just make sure to read the rules!

Last edited:
Timing could not have been better! Can't wait to try this out (and welcome back from your complicated summer!)

Is there a way to bring back the description when u hover over units and buildings when choosing a civ?
Also there's a bug with pop

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-09-03 154808.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-09-03 154808.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 223
My city is has four citizens but is showing seven tiles being worked. Unclicking all of them only gets me four Laborers, but they'll come back if I use the center icon to reset.

Spoiler :

I do have the Improved City View activated, the fixed version.

EDIT: It's not just graphical. Those tiles are being worked and taking effect.

My city is has four citizens but is showing seven tiles being worked. Unclicking all of them only gets me four Laborers, but they'll come back if I use the center icon to reset.

Spoiler :

I do have the Improved City View activated, the fixed version.

EDIT: It's not just graphical. Those tiles are being worked and taking effect.

I can confirm this is happening to me as well, though I'm not using the Improved City View mod.

Seems to happen as soon as a second citizen is born.

EDIT: Modlist

Spoiler :

I can confirm the same citypop issues happening with no other mods.

Also having the citypop issue. Clicking the city tile makes new working citizens pop into existence.
Modlist:
Spoiler :
upload_2021-9-3_17-4-25.png

Very excited to try this version out tonight! I didn't see anything about the AI's use of the fighter line in the changelog, but it's listed as fixed in New version on github

@Gazebo Should also add to the changelog:
Code:
- World Congress voting logic improvements from Milae
- World Congress host now makes their proposal first, then the other two civs make their proposal (can take 2 turns instead of 1 now)

This is so cathartic, the new versioning system, the inclusion of many of PDs tweaks, the facelifted discord, all the amazing work from the team. Good job everyone!

I'm also experiencing the CityPop issues.

Is there any way to save the map with starting positions I have now too? I just got a really interesting start and I'd be mega bummed if I lost that in case the fix is not save game compatible. :(

I'm also experiencing the CityPop issues.

Is there any way to save the map with starting positions I have now too? I just got a really interesting start and I'd be mega bummed if I lost that in case the fix is not save game compatible. :(

Think you can save the map under the Save menu.

It will probably be savegame compatible.

AFAIK you can save the map with that, but not the start position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom