OTR match, anyone?

I don't think so because there wouldn't be a reaction - however the launch sites can be destroyed. There are only a handful of cities I can attack within one turn, and they aren't cities that are going to matter too much. If I go for anything on the interior, you can intercept them. I know they used Tempests to do this during the war but in this scenario the V1 attacks at night so it hits urban targets, so you'll need to use Mossies and Beaufighters.

Air battles - we kill a few units but mostly wound.

Attachments

• JPAxis65.zip
    194.2 KB · Views: 157
V1 shot down over the channel and fierce air battles over the Channel

Attachments

• GBAllies66.zip
    181 KB · Views: 157
Tempests (unlocked with Jabo III) have 2 1000lb bombs, and are what you'll want to use to attack gun batteries and battle groups. You'll need a lot of them, however, and they're not much use doing other things. So, wait until you've secured the Atlantic and are ready to invade, then build them in a few turns.

I should perhaps say that another use for Tempests is to attack airfields. If you can amass enough of them, they can kill the flak that defends airfields, and you can then attack the planes with bombs. Fighter-bombers don't take much (or any) reactive damage from flak, and planes don't react from inside airfields. And, the secondary attack doesn't take much movement, so you can get out quickly as well. Now, the German player can pull back from the coast, so it might not be the most efficient use of planes, but you could very well find yourself on the receiving end of such an attack. (I attacked JPetroski in our game with the German equivalent to the Tempest.)

The battles in the Bay of Biscay are really hotting up as the 8th pour fighter and bomber reinforcements into the dogfights. One unhappy Bomber crew reported an unfortunate friendly fire incident:

whose side are you on.png

A case of reaction fire gone wrong?

Attachments

• GBAllies67.zip
    183.7 KB · Views: 168
Ah, I didn't notice that previously; what confused me was there was a damaged B-17 adjacent to me when I took the reaction fire.

For some reason, some drunks packed up all the government papers from the Reichstag and moved them, and the capitol, to Lille! Will need to move that right back!

Aside from that kerfluffle, some V1 attacks but not much else due to fuel shortages caused by greater corruption given palace distance!

Attachments

• JPAxis67.zip
    195.7 KB · Views: 167
Beaufighters kept very busy on the South Coast. Many Doodlebugs downed.

Attachments

• GBAllies68.zip
    181.1 KB · Views: 159
Some V1 raids, a convoy that gets very close to France is sunk, and some RAF Bomber command aircraft attacked, but not destroyed. The Me163 enters production near certain cities, though with 20 range and 1 turn aloft, I don't know how many it makes sense to build.

Attachments

• JPAxis68.zip
    194.8 KB · Views: 152
Submarine pens on the Atlantic coast demolished. V1s downed.

Attachments

• GBAllies69.zip
    182.8 KB · Views: 169
For some reason, some drunks packed up all the government papers from the Reichstag and moved them, and the capitol, to Lille! Will need to move that right back!

I did something similar in our previous game, and moved the government to Brest the turn I captured it (I think in that case, I forgot incremental rushbuilding was forbidden, and wanted to use it for 'seed' shields for something else). I'm inclined to think that the headquarters shouldn't be buildable.

Your attack on our sub pens runs into two Experten and is no more, but at least you struck a pretty distant target and took it out.

A minor rules change that makes it impossible to build headquarters and also increases the riot factor (should have little to no bearing on your game).

Attachments

• Axis69plusRules.zip
    214 KB · Views: 159
V1s shot down by Portsmouth and Plymouth. I take it A20s are the only plane I currently have that'll knock out V1 sites?

Attachments

• GBAllies70.zip
    185.3 KB · Views: 171
V1s rain down on Colchester

Attachments

• 70andEvents.zip
    333.8 KB · Views: 163
Multiple V1s shot down. Unfortunately the likely V1 launch sites in Cherbourg and Calais are impregnable. Several A-20s one-shotted trying to attack them.

Attachments

• GBAllies71.zip
    182.9 KB · Views: 173
London, Colchester, Dover attacked by combos of V1s and V2s. I'm thinking the launch sites need to be much more expensive.

Attachments

• JPAxis71.zip
    198.5 KB · Views: 157
Is there any way to photo-recce the contents of a coastal emplacement, as I figure you have some of your V1 sites hidden in them?

Attachments

• GBAllies72.zip
    184.1 KB · Views: 169
I'm not sure but they can only fire from installation terrain. You probably need Tempests to take them out with any regularity.

I have to go run around and it'll be a bit before I can play.

Top Bottom