Random Raves XLI: One More Trip Around the Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bumped the Canadian Anthem thread. It's easier to discuss it there, I think. I just felt like posting a rave about it because it was such a nice surprise to see in my CBC.ca notifications. This was completely unexpected.
I posted a credible alternative to the anthem in the Canadian Anthem thread...:mischief:

I posted a credible alternative to the anthem in the Canadian Anthem thread...:mischief:
There were two things wrong with it, which I pointed out there. :p

Well, I guess it's time to say goodbye to my first Raves thread... maybe there will be another some day. If it's post #1000 who starts the next one, take it away, @Snerk!

Just get the new thread up already.
If he misses the deadline, does that mean I get to make another one? I had the 999th post.

Some scumbag changed the rules so that you cannot start two iterations of the same thread in a row because they were jealous of how I just got to snipe the threads out of their hands. So it would go to Mouthwash.

Look, I can always start a new thread myself if it's no bother to you.

(any resemblance to a pact with dark entities is purely coincidental and you should ignore my username in any case)

:(
Look, I can always start a new thread myself if it's no bother to you.

(any resemblance to a pact with dark entities is purely coincidental and you should ignore my username in any case)
Let's give Snerk the full time he's allowed. He may be very busy thinking up a title.

It was easy for me, since this was an unexpected birthday present.

It's always night in Norway at this time of the year so he doesn't get the excuse of going Outside.

Who said anything about going outside? :confused:

Unless you mean that he should spend all his time on the forum just because it's winter in the northern hemisphere.

Wait, who has dibs?

Wait, who has dibs?
Right now, Snerk. Apparently I'm disqualified because I'm the OP for this one (dunno who decided that or how official it is). If Snerk doesn't show up in the next 7 hours and I'm not allowed, that means you're next.

Had Ben Finegold (chess Grandmaster) busted (did I win? you'll have to find out)
Congratz. :goodjob:
But could you post a notation or something?
I don't particularly fancy watching a 40-min video.

As far as I've ever understood the rules on serial threads, the author of #1000 takes the prize, provided that they do so within 24 hours and they did not start the outgoing thread. After 24 hours, the honours pass to #999 and so on, assuming that they were also not the outgoing thread-starters.

Snerk currently has a little under five hours before it's Mouthwash's turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom