Rise of the Myas-or the Mantas

MantaRevan

Emperor
Hey everyone! this is my first attempt at this, so I might be a bit shaky. We'll be playing as Pacal, standard map, on noble difficulty, and Epic Speed. I've turned on permanent alliances, for experimentation, and domination victory is disabled. Other than that, you can vote(if I can figure out how these polls work) on which victory for me to take.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 10.54.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 10.54.37 PM.png
    322 KB · Views: 69
Since we're doing PA's, I say space or diplomation.

Time for our first update!
Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 11.39.40 PM.jpg
Sometime around 4000 B.C. The first proto-mantese cultures started appearing, forming on on the continent of Eruscua. Not long thereafter, these mantese soon came in contact with other cultures- Germany to the south and Byzantium the southwest.
Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 11.28.46 PM.jpg
Because they had not yet developed proper agricultural techniques(which makes no sense from an anthropological standpoint), the Mantese were unable to farm for several hundred years, living off of what they could scavenge or gather, as hunting was not yet invented. Many believe that Hinduism was founded in Ebephe, in the ancient times. Several hundred years later, the Mantese made first contact with the indigenous Greek cultures.
Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 11.25.47 PM.jpg
Soon afterward, Mantese people made their first coastal city, and due to it's excess of indigenous manta rays(in which the civilization gets it's name) named it Manta Beach.

Actually, I think I'd rather do this is in the style of a dialogue story, rather than a history book.
Pacal: What? What just happened?
MantaRevan: I need you. You'll tell the story of the glorious Empire of the Ray.
Pacal: By myself? What happens when I die?
MantaRevan: You don't. And people can sign up as advisors to you, for audience interaction, and to enhance the story.
Pacal: Cool. I'll take 12.
MantaRevan: Actually, we can only take a few so i-
Pacal: I WANT TWELVE ADVISORS!!!!
Anonymous Makeshift Advisor: Sir, you've just settled Manta City.
Pacal: Good. What's it look like?
(Anonymous makeshift advisor pulls out a camera)
Screen Shot 2011-11-25 at 11.43.46 PM.jpg
MantaRevan: It's really out of character to have a camera in the 25th century BC. Let's get some real advisors.

Greetings_human_I_am_advisor_robot. It_appears_you_have_entered_a_request_for_an_advisor. Is_this_correct? If_so_please_say_yes. If_you_are_wondering_why_there_is_a_robot_in_3000BC_read_my_users_manual_if_this_manual_is_missing_or_damaged_please_file_a_complaint_to_1001010101010011001110011_on_planet_1111010101010100101010101010010101001010101001010010101001000000101010101001010000100100101001001001000000. Thank_you_for_shopping_with_us.

OOC: Looks good so far!

Great story. If you want to make it a comical story, continue doing your dialogue story :)
I'd like to sign up as Straquotal , military advisor.
And no, my real name is Strodon nor strijder ;) Good guess, though.

I will become war minister.

Nooo, military advisor is taken...

I shall be MoreEpicThanYou, the manifestation of the RNG God on Earth/religious advisor.

Great story. If you want to make it a comical story, continue doing your dialogue story :)
I'd like to sign up as Straquotal , military advisor.
And no, my real name is Strodon nor strijder ;) Good guess, though.

Thanks, I'm not very funny, but I can try.

Anonymous makeshift advisor: Sir, you have a visitor. I would be wary of him. Never trust a man in a toga!
Pacal: Send him in.
Pericles: As leader of ancient Greece, father and mother of all civilized, welcome the Mantese people in my presence.
Christos: WHOOO!!! YEAH! GREECE!
Pacal: Wait- what do you mean "Ancient Greece"? It's actually modern greece for now.
Pericles: I'm eternal, remember? Unless you kill me off, of cou-
Christos: GREECE!
Pacal: Do you need him for anything?
Pericles: Not really. But he is good at heightening morale.
Pacal: So he's good with soldiers, eh? We need advisors. How would he like to be in charge of our military?
Pericles: Eh. Take him. I've adopted slavery anyway.
Pacal: Thanks. Now OUT!
Pericles is ousted from the palace.
Pacal: In the 25th century BC there isn't much in the way of an organized military, but you can keep me company anyway.
Christos: Sounds good to me...I guess.
Anonymous Makeshift Advisor: Sir, we just discovered pottery.
Pacal: Why are YOU telling me this? I have my own honorary advisor now.
Anonymous Makeshift Advisor: Yes, but no technological advisor.
MantaRevan: Ooh! Me! I wanna be technological overseer!
Pacal: No. A user has to apply for that.
Screen Shot 2011-11-27 at 10.34.07 AM.jpg
MantaRevan: At least research archery.
Christos: As military advisor, I agree.
Screen Shot 2011-11-27 at 10.34.24 AM.jpg
Pacal: Fine. You get your way...for now.
Anonymous Makeshift Advisor: Congratulations! You have connected your first food resource! C-
Randomly and abruptly a stick of dynamite busts through the ceiling. It then randomly turns into an odd man with MAXWAR tattooed randomly on his forehead.
Christos: It's Mawar!
Pacal: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON?!?
Christos: He'll be the Minister of Randomness.
Pacal: Good. We needed one.
Screen Shot 2011-11-27 at 10.34.07 AM.jpg

Research adviser, NC, checking in.

Top Bottom