[BTS] SGOTM 25 - Map Maker needed

I wonder how many teams could be put together. How many were waiting for an announcement. Hmmm.

I agree it's sad, but I think the lack of interest shown here in another game speaks volumes. Or are conversations about it going on below my radar?

Some game testing was done on Sossos' scenario, but the discussion about the results of that died. I'm really not enthusiastic about administering another game if we can only scrape together two or three teams.
Too much concern for perfection. Just post the Sossos game and see what happens. The delay is the deadliest aspect. Sossos put effort into his scenario, let's trust him.

Me want play. Grunt! I be mapmaker if that is the problem,,, but then I no play. 2 teams is enough. Unusual Suspects wants Gold medal.

There are also a lot of lurkers who'd not play for some reasons, please, don't forget us, we're eager to have the fun that SGOTM ALWAYS provides. And I'm not completely sure, but even civ3 is alive...

sgotm? much better than VI, let's goooo..
this time LC and WT will be pushed off the throne :eek:
Looking to get Catherine-smacked? :D Speaking of which, hope she's in it too, because I warned her if she slaps me one more time...

The discussion about the scenario was private, to avoid spoilers for people who would play. That's the thread I said had died.

The small number of people who've posted here doesn't fill me with confidence that a new game would fly. Do you have any evidence that we could get four or five teams together?

The discussion about the scenario was private, to avoid spoilers for people who would play. That's the thread I said had died.

The small number of people who've posted here doesn't fill me with confidence that a new game would fly. Do you have any evidence that we could get four or five teams together?
Right, that was clear from your post. Evidence? As I recall, more people sign up than tend to chime in to such discussions as these.

I think we may need more to volunteer as map testers.
One experienced player who can commit some time to the task should be sufficient, as long as you are willing to put in the time to rapidly act on feedback and provide updated versions of the game for re-testing within a reasonable timeframe.

So, bring someone else in on it. As long as sossos is still willing to work hard in a short period of time to refine the map and is still willing to spend a few months on the forums to help with running the game, then it's still on. I could volunteer to help with refining a map, knowing that I wouldn't be able to play in the game. Just send me a Private Message with details.

Alternatively, if sossos no longer has the time, then open it back up to another Map Maker volunteer. BSPollux had expressed some possible interest and has proven to be a great Map Maker in the past.

Just like for WastinTime's In-Progress BC Space Victory (Attempt) thread, people are waiting in the rafters just to see some action, but are literally at the mercy of the host to move things forward, no matter how desperately they want things to get going.

Timeliness matters. Let's push hard to get a game prepared and sign-ups available before the Xmas holiday season. It's pretty clear to me that we've had several SGOTM players "hanging out, playing a few BOTM games just to keep from getting rusty, just waiting with baited breath for the sign-up thread to appear."

And, if we only get 3 teams, so what? Having 3 dedicated teams who are willing to play the game to completion is better than 5 teams where 2 of them don't have the staying-power to complete the game. With 3 teams, have 1 Medal and 1 Wooden Spoon Award. I'm sure that everyone competing would be happy to try for at least one or the other and would still have a blast of a time!

Last edited:
One experienced player who can commit some time to the task should be sufficient, as long as you are willing to put in the time to rapidly act on feedback and provide updated versions of the game for re-testing within a reasonable timeframe.

So, bring someone else in on it. As long as sossos is still willing to work hard in a short period of time to refine the map and is still willing to spend a few months on the forums to help with running the game, then it's still on. I could volunteer to help with refining a map, knowing that I wouldn't be able to play in the game. Just send me a Private Message with details.

Alternatively, if sossos no longer has the time, then open it back up to another Map Maker volunteer. BSPollux had expressed some possible interest and has proven to be a great Map Maker in the past.

Just like for WastinTime's In-Progress BC Space Victory (Attempt) thread, people are waiting in the rafters just to see some action, but are literally at the mercy of the host to move things forward, no matter how desperately they want things to get going.

Timeliness matters. Let's push hard to get a game prepared and sign-ups available before the Xmas holiday season. It's pretty clear to me that we've had several SGOTM players "hanging out, playing a few BOTM games just to keep from getting rusty, just waiting with baited breath for the sign-up thread to appear."

And, if we only get 3 teams, so what? Having 3 dedicated teams who are willing to play the game to completion is better than 5 teams where 2 of them don't have the staying-power to complete the game. With 3 teams, have 1 Medal and 1 Wooden Spoon Award. I'm sure that everyone competing would be happy to try for at least one or the other and would still have a blast of a time!

Hi Dhoomstriker,

Just let you know that my last revision on the scenario was on Aug 2 and there has been no response since then.
upload_2017-11-29_16-16-5.png

So any new tester are welcome.

So what can we do, we need more peoples in that forum..?
Or maybe a simpler scenario that needs less testing?
Last game with forest preserves was exciting but at the same time rather easy on map design.

I say just go with the sossos scenario as it stands. Sossos worked hard to put something good together. Fine. Let's play! No one's going to die.

Except maybe Catherine. If she slaps me once more.

I say just go with the sossos scenario as it stands. Sossos worked hard to put something good together. Fine. Let's play! No one's going to die.

Except maybe Catherine. If she slaps me once more.
I second the motion. An imperfect unbalanced trip into wonderland is better than waiting, and much better than sacrificing myself or another eager player to the banished. Even if we get just two teams, its a lot of fun. Fun that we are missing out on for now. Even if sossos wants to make adjustments, we should get a signup going now. If we can't get the players, then we know. But if we can, all problems are solvable. Lets go! Start a signup and see what we see,

Top Bottom