Stop! Read this before you post:

The problem with nice, subtle debate is that I find myself with no real criticism of their position. Far better just to yell at people who clearly are wrong.

Not sure if serious, so i'll say "I ___agree"

The yelling thing helps no one, but wow do some people deserve it when they get it. Usually a minority, but people with opinions on facts seem to be the most disturbingly self-righteous.

Not sure if serious, so i'll say "I ___agree"

The yelling thing helps no one, but wow do some people deserve it when they get it. Usually a minority, but people with opinions on facts seem to be the most disturbingly self-righteous.

Yelling at minorities with opinions on facts usually helps. Makes you feel noble and self-righteous.

Actually it is. Post count is a property of posting. (Whether that post count actually appears is irrelevant to the property of posting, i.e there always is a post count, even if you can´t see it.);)

5 postcount for a Amstel
8 postcount for a Hertog Jan
10 postcount for a Grolsch

and I'll pay you 5 postcount if you take a Heineken

I'll make the trade, assuming its Old Rasputin on-tap.

Not quite, but that sums up the intent here. This forum is for general discussions of anything non-civ related. It will be lightly moderated, with moderation focusing mainly on the non-negotiable rules (language, no direct insults, no PDMA, no piracy etc). As far as the rest of it goes, you get a lot more flexibility here, but there are limits. Someone posting that political party X are a bunch of racists? Ok - prove it. Someone posting that ethnicity Y are all inferior - well, that violates the "don't be jerk" rule.

But be warned: While people who are being really rude and disruptive will be dealt with, people who post here will, within reason, be assumed to be internet-savvy users. If you set out to upset someone, and get upset yourself, then unless it's due to someone being overly rude or violating the "don't be a jerk" rule, then the helpful moderators will probably just suggest that you stay out of this forum.

What does PDMA stand for?

Since we are not allowed to mention post count in Camikaze's thread, I am re-posting my thoughts here...
I like the change. I can easily find serious threads that I want to read, like Winner's space thread, in the serious area. Though I may not ever post there. And in the non-serious area I can read, and occassionally post, random nonsense.
...just to add that I really, really, don't care at all about post count.

Query:

Does this new lax atmosphere mean copy-cat threads can be allowed again?

A lot of them were really funny, y'know.

Just a question what counts as being a "jerk"?

Do the mods think that I am a "jerk"?

5 postcount for a Amstel
8 postcount for a Hertog Jan
10 postcount for a Grolsch

and I'll pay you 5 postcount if you take a Heineken

Fair enough. (Can´t stand Heineken either, so I´ll go for a Grolsch. Or a Wieckse Witte.) :lol:

Fair enough. (Can´t stand Heineken either, so I´ll go for a Grolsch. Or a Wieckse Witte.) :lol:

mmm, on a/in a sidewalk cafe, in the sun with a slice of lemon

Depends. If it's funny, yeah. If not, well, it'll probably go away.

Truly this is a great day.

We don't evaluate on a poster by poster basis, but on a post by post basis.

I assume there will be at least a tad bit of leniency for a period? We've been cooped up so long, we need to stretch! Plus, people are going to need time to get used to my sometimes abrasive phrasing.

Maybe mods could edit with in nudges if they see things getting a little close?

In fact, I say mods should add a picture of a kitten to posts deemed too close to the line.

Top Bottom