Sunday's PAX talk (with summary of the info)

So those are the strangest looking crabs I ever saw! :lol: With four flippers it makes no sense. Plus they are green like a turtle. If they are crabs no problem here. New resources are great to have.

Drooling at G&K! There's so many small cool details too, like when Attila and Haile Selassie broker peace, it gives automatically peace with city-states too. I always forgot those and discovered later that I've been in war with Singapore for 400 years because I forgot to sign peace..

Also the first time I learn we get new resources, wasn't mentioned in the first news in February.

In Civ V the leader abilities are so imaginative, makes the previous commercial/spiritual etc. traits seem as interesting as tax reports.. ;)

Also social policies, beliefs and all make the leaders most customizable ever.

So, did anyone catch what language Attila was speaking? It's definitely not Latin, but after that I'm lost. I have to say it did sound a bit Hungarian-ish... hope I'm wrong!

Oh, I just wanted to point out that in the screnshot with the Feathers of Peace and three beakrers WAS indeed Research Agreement as most if not all fo the notifiaction now have their own icons (you could see the notification for Ranged City Attack during Maria Theresa vs Dido)

In the CS-overview I saw 1 CS with 2 green bars and another CS with 2 blue bars. Green is friends, blue is allies, but apparently being friends also fills 2 bars at the right. So it is still unknown why there are 4 parts at the CS-bar...

Sounded kinda Hunnish to me.

Too bad no one speaks that (Literally).

In all seriousness any Hungarians to know what he is speaking?

GUessing its not Hungarian.

I started a thread for this topic. I'm hoping a Hungarian poster will join in.

OK, so will there be more info today, or is this all? :) Super-excited anyhow.

Yeah I'm confused about this one too, will there be more interviews with Greg or Dennis?

At the moment Kona(?) said that "there will be Borderlands 2, Civ ..."
English isn't my first language so I'm not sure in what context he meant that.

So what do we all think of the new leaders?

I was pretty impressed with Attila and Haile. Maria Theresa's voice was very annoying though; I think I shall be playing as her a lot, partly for her amazing UA and partly so that I don't have to listen to her...

I thought she sounded alright. She reminds me of Catherine, which might be a bit too flirtatious for her, but it was still a pleasant southern German accent. She also sounds more natural than Bismark.

Oh, I don't find her half as annoying as Catherine, it must be said.

It's also nice to have another female leader of, shall we say, advanced age. She reminds me a bit of incarnations of Victoria in previous Civs.

Almost won a copy of Gods and Kings with that question from Greg. My anwer was first in most chatrooms, but not at the 2k-screen. Bummer.

Oh well, just shut up and take my money.

I noticed that Austria's symbol is a white eagle on a red background when Maria Theresa is being introduced. I had been hoping that Poland would be introduced eventually as a DLC, but this puts the final nail in the coffin for me. If they were planning on releasing Poland, or even thinking about it, they probably wouldn't make Austria's Civ symbol a white eagle on a red background: one of the most instantly recognizable symbols of the medieval Polish state.

I'd like to add that when he selects the new Infantry and Bomber units in his land war against Ethiopia they're called Great War Infantry and Great War Bomber. Great War Bomber used to be called World War 1 Bomber. Landship is still called Landship.

Maria didn't sound to flirtatious to me, but that may have something to do with the fact that I understood what she was talking about.

If anybody is interested or can't read the dialog box Maria says:
"The Archduchess of Austria welcomes your Highness to...well let's get this over with. Luncheon is at 4 o'clock."

I'm kind of happy that she looks more like the real Maria Theresia and isn't made more attractive than she really was like Catherine.

Top Bottom