The Grand Campaign! an IOT EUIV game

Well France certainly looks like it is going to rule the world :p

You guys know if England gave up all the cores in France in their event?

And yes if I join as England you are screwed if I go towards building Great Britain, thou personally, I'm not big into real history and don't particularly care for creating Great Britain. What do I even gain from it?

Oh btw what rules are on? Lucky nations? Random new world?

There is. :) A couple of things happened.

In the Near East, the powerful combination of Mamlukes and Hedjaz cast a long shadow over Africa. This rise was hindered by the powerful Qara Qoyunlu who in the latter years took back a slew of land. This was however mostly caused by lack of Hedjaz action, as they failed to properly support the expansion. (Red Spy left us for the last hour.) (EDIT: Also sorry for not being as detailed here. I couldn't see what they were doing. But they did happenstance/mistakenly create a Jewish kingdom in Ethiopia at some point.)

In the Baltic, we saw the quickest rise of all the world. The Teutonic Order conducted massive campaigns across Eastern Europe, collapsing Poland several times in the process and procuring a powerful state. However the cowardly Poles machinated a coalition that lead to the downfall of this being. Although initially succesful against superior numbers, managing to defeat armies twice the size of the Order, the Bohemians and Bavarians performed considerably lame in the latter years, which left the Order alone against the Kalmar Union, Poland, Lithuania and Hungary. After the dust settled, the Order has been reduced to half its size at its peak, but it is still a reasonable power in the Baltic theatre.

In the West, France won the Hundred Years War. After taking back most of the English continental holdings, however, the nation was seen as a notoriously scary state. What followed was the conquest of eastern Britanny, and dismantling of the Burgundian kingdom, which had control of several Dutch and Flemish crowns, after a particularly dismal war effort against Austria. In the latter years, France capitalized on Austria's weakness, seeking to conquer Anjou and Maine but ended up only securing Anjou due to international pressure against the French crown. The war was insidiously bloody for very little change.

And in the North, the Free Kingdom of Scotland saw tremendous instability, falling into a noble rebellion, destroying its outward capacity for a while. But after the country licked its wounds, prince Daftpanzer has positioned the country for a new frontier. It has looked outwards and is true to its roots of Freedom, a navy on the frontier of the High Seas.

Spoiler :

The year is 1472. The world is changing...

Great post, Angst! And may I say THANKS to Angst and others for answering my constant nagging questions, couldn't have helped them manage all the wars that were happening.

Well France certainly looks like it is going to rule the world :p

You guys know if England gave up all the cores in France in their event?

And yes if I join as England you are screwed if I go towards building Great Britain, thou personally, I'm not big into real history and don't particularly care for creating Great Britain. What do I even gain from it?

Oh btw what rules are on? Lucky nations? Random new world?

I wanted peace with England from the start, before I realised Angst was playing France ;) was tempting to join in the fight but, as I am still learning EU4, I went the peaceful route. Though the Scottish navy did put in a brief fight when France was fighting the not-Netherlands countries coalition. Currently I've still got a diplomat smoozing with England to improve relations as I'm terrified they'll attack me.

Whatever happens Daft will probably be an investment of mine, if anything because he's a nice guy and new at EU4 and I don't want him to be swallowed by England in 50 years.

I also hope not to fight you erez. I really have no interest in the British Isles. :)

With 2 players around it, maybe I shouldn't join in England :p also probably almost no chance to take that Paris...

Castile looks like it is doing OK, but how come Grenada still exists... And Morocco in south Portugal, I have seen that happen lately in my own game too.

I see this happen alot cause Portugal is really weak, I generally deal with it by ensuring Castile controls Granada in my games. If they are busy focusing on Aragon,I will take Granada for them and sell those provinces to them. This way, when I declare war on Morocco, Castille can actually back me up. But it'd be too much to expect the AI to think this way.

I am glad to see Kiche perform really well without me. :3

The purple one in Pacific southern Mexico. I would lie if I said I picked them because of the colour. :p

Wow they did well. Lucky for you.

@erez87 the rules are Lucky nations = historical and otherwise nothing unordinary.

I unconditionally surrendered to QQ without realising what that actually did so I lost literally everything I'd gained (which was all of Africa north of Ethiopia, basically)

Was still pretty fun though

What do you guys think of continuing the 14th of May, 7 PM GMT +1

Sounds good, I'm on it! Scotland and France for world peace :)

I couldn't have done this evening as I'll be with offline friends.

I'd rather learn stalaris a bit before comitting to multiplayer sessions for it myself

im good for the 14th

Three ready for Saturday. Exciting!

Can people who visit IOTchat spread the word about deciding on Saturday?

I'd love to hold the next session Saturday but I feel we are too few to decide yet.

The current alternative is the 21st.

Four people is fine but I prefer more. Can you guys get people to jump in the thread and say whether they are available tomorrow?

Top Bottom