The Momus feedback

Kael

Deity
Post your feedback for this scenario here.

Some text is missing here:

Attachments

• beeri_bug.png
    beeri_bug.png
    113.7 KB · Views: 3,744
I accidentally declared war against perp by casting a tsunami on a hidden unit he had.

The war everyone against me don't seem to end also

I crashed the game by moving a work boat into the Maelstrom. I had moved it there 6 or 7 times before, but suddenly the game froze and crashed.

I crashed the game by moving a work boat into the Maelstrom. I had moved it there 6 or 7 times before, but suddenly the game froze and crashed.

Can 2d this and that it was pretty pointless in the first place since the times when the scenario didn't crash, the ship only moved a tile or so. Since I haven't cheated and looked on the map (I like to be surprised) so now it can be so that their is no more body of water on the map so the symbolic move (to another tile nearby) is all it can do.

Some text is missing here:

It's not just this, but all Defeat-messages are missing.

Also when you finish the scenario the textstring to the 2 choices you get, is missing too :sad:

At least I' m guessing that having the option to choose either txt_key_event_wb_the_momus_Beer_is_offer_Yes or
txt_key_event_wb_the_momus_Beer_is_offer_No means that you have 2 choices. ;)

Also when I chose "No", the scenario does not end ?
(when choosing "yes", Beeri allied with me and together we had to destroy Perpentach - thus I was able to end the scenario)

Not 100% sure if you want other feedback besides bug-reports yet.. but I guess it won't hurt :)

Props:
- Perpentach and especially the poems he is making
- The storyparts inbetween the scenarios are fantastically flavorful
- Quite fun, especially in the beginning

Slops:
- Map seems abit too chaotic ? Could be intended though.
- It gets repetitive/boring quite fast, especially if perpentach chooses war between everyone or between all CPU and the player all the time.
How about lenghtening the time where you can just attack 1 player ? (not upping the number of turns between Perpentach's choices, but actually making it happen more often that he chooses this option)

For me, the scenario was quite alot of fun to play ... until Perpentach just chose either "all attack the lanun" or "free for all" every single time (around Turn 200ish), thus making it "just" another Domination-game with always war on...

yes, by the time the PCs reach one side of the map, Perpentach switches the target.

I think it's very hard for the second scenario, but I'll try again later. I'm usually a turtle, so I played 300 turns and no one was razed or anything. then I began and settled early, but the gray guy was the enemy (I forgot his name), he created Rosier and stole my third city. and no one dares to attack him too... all archers 3/7 and stuff.. and my units diseased.. help plz lol :D

The most annoying game I have ever played in my life :) Is it only a feeling or do units get mutated again when you upgrade them? I kinda got the feeling that more and more of my units get crazed but I always look when I build new units and send the 'lunaticks' to hunt/be hunted.

So far 300 into the game [emperor] and 3 civs killed off by other AIs. One infernal is sweaping the land with a legion of diseased corpses. Do not know if I can make it with only 4 cities and longbowmen.

Got also the maelstorm CtD but I see it was already reported.

Is every unit supposed to be mutated? Is it more of Perpentach's crazyness or a bug? It is fun having everything getting random buffs / unbuffs.
Other than that, a fun scenario. :goodjob:

Pros:
- The leader art is amazing. Whoever finds these things really outdid himself.
- Great storyline at the beginning with the archangel and such.
- Concept is kind of fun.

Cons:
-AAAARGH. I feel like this is some kind of punishment. "No you can't get to the next scenario until you conquer every single little city on the map." This scenario is exactly the reason why you NEVER play with the domination and time victory conditions off. I'm 350 turns in or so, have conquered half the map, and don't want to think about how long the other half is going to take.
- Defeat messages aren't working.
- Perpentach is kind of a jerk, isn't he?

This is great feedback guys, keep it coming, its exactly what I needed to know.

Heh. Perp makes this so hard. War with everyone would make it so much easier... I can't focus to take down one civ at at time. Regular units move way to slow to arrive and kill someone by the time that happens, he's moved on...

The Infernals killed me. Every time Perpy made everyone at war with them, they always targeted me. Glad there was no Hell terrain, though.

Yeah, Infernals get REALLY powerful if you can't kill them early, because there's lots of evil people around.

I have to say this map is pretty frustrating. I spent several hundred turns turtled in, with Perpentach alternating between "everybody gang up on the Lanun" and "everybody fight everybody". Each time that I tried to detach a force large enough to take an AI player's city, another AI sent their invasion force and I was forced to withdraw.

I finally managed to muster enough troops to eradicate the Hippus. I thought that I was finally gaining momentum and could beat up the other players... only to realize that my next neighbors the Infernals were wielding Champions, which my Swordmen were no match against. I checked the technology advisor - had the Infernals outteched me, did I need to research something to get Champions of my own? It turned out that no, this wasn't the case - I'd had the technology for them for at least a hundred turns, but I hadn't realized they needed a harbor to produce. Fortunately I did get Heron's Throne built in the one coastal city I have... so I have a total of one city which I can use to produce Boarding Parties, while the Infernals can produce Champions in as many cities as they happen to possess.

This sounds like I'm up for a slow, slow grind.

This scenario will probably take a long time. The AI knocked out the Amurites so that was nice, but the Hippus and Infernals keep ganging up on me. Perpy also seems to have something against the Calabim as he keeps having us gang up on them, especially around turn 200. He had us declare war on them three times in a row.

Top Bottom