The Splintered Court feedback

Well, she is naturally deceptive, and I do think that she derives pleasure from pretending to be someone else and deceiving people. And yeah, your reaction to it is certainly interesting - being sorry for Faeryl never crossed my mind.

Or maybe she'll excel at wearing the mask or Arendel so much, that her "true" personality will slowly change for at least a bit better. Yay for interesting redemption scenarios.

That would be interesting. Instead of the current ending, what if an event popped up after you read the ending from Faeryl's point of view, and your choice will dictate how she proceeds with her reign- does she morph the Ljosalfar into a nation of cunning and feral natures, or does she adopt Arendel's policies and become a strange balance of both court's leaders, leading her to become Neutral for a later Scenario?

Started this and an epic war is unfolding, in which hundreds of units are killed on each side... I am Phaedra, btw.

It seems that the Yggdrasil (unique features in general, I believe I found an empty Pyre in one of the other scenarios) doesn't spawn with their proper ressources - mine had raw mana this game, but I couldn't build a mana node due to Yggdrasil :sad:

Also, there are still no deer, so I can't build Fyrdwells :cry:

Are these going to be fixed, eventually?

Also, there are still no deer, so I can't build Fyrdwells

Are these going to be fixed, eventually?

Seems like no. Go to WB and fix it yourself.

Can I please have my beloved Arendel back! I think a second scenario requiring the completion of this scenario would be great! Faeryl is accidentally revealed to her fellow rulers. She controls the heart of the Elven Nation by suggesting what they've discovered is false. As with everything, some don't believe her, but most stick with their wonderful (fake) Arendel.

Faeryl, perhaps mentally morphed by having to pretend to be Arendel, just doesn't want to kill her sister (which she could do), but needs to keep her sister buried to not be executed by her own empire. She doesn't even want to think of going into Exile.

The scenario, as won by Faeryl, would produce a Svartalfar victory. She would then be seen as Arendel and only needs to wait for everyone to forget before she goes about putting back into place the Svartalfar ways. A twist could be that if you play as Faeryl, you have the Ljosalfar civilization trait instead of the Svartalfar civilization trait. Or both! As those who hold onto the prospect that what Amelanchier and Thessa have discovered, they flee to (fake) Arendel's Ljosalfar nation. Also, If you play as Faeryl, you'll see yourself as Ljosalfar!

As played by Amelanchier or Thessa, you see Faeryl's nation as Svartelfar. Faeryl still has the civilization traits of both the elven nations. You, as a Ljosalfar, only work with the Ljosalfar trait.

This is some of the best stuff. When you pick leaders, you pick Faeryl, Amelanchier, or Thessa. If you pick Faeryl, you see yourself as Faeryl. Amelanchier and Thessa, pretty sure of themselves, call you Faeryl. If you pick Amelanchier or Thessa, you would see Faeryl as Arendel who is pretty sure she's Arendel. But you're pretty sure she's not. (If you're Amelanchier, you're pretty sure she's hot ;) )

I don't know if I have to point this out, but the obvious conflict is a civil war... not reignited, though, because this one is under slightly different pretentions.

About half way through the scenario right now. Playing as thessa, I have champions and longbowmen and summons approaching the enemy to wipe them out, with a good sized group of allies to back me up.
The question is... I am around turn 200 i think and have only had the immigrant thing happen once. I also conquered the calabim (they started next to me and declared war on me), so I have a total of 7 cities right now. Do the AI ever get immigrants too? I think the scenario should dictate, that whenever I get the immigrant event, all of the other AIs on the map also get a free settler (they should not get an immigrant event, cus who knows which one they will pick [plus they never keep 100 gold around because they don't know they should; so it would be best if they each just got a free settler])

(ps i think the lack of deer is a balancing thing, because the council of esus kind of sucks so they need an edge somewhere by having no deer for the good guys)

I just finished the scenario as Faeryl. It was a lot of fun. I agree with what a lot of other people said here regarding making the day/night cycles more prominent and making the reward for gifting the leaders a little more significant. Also I find that the more events you have in a scenerio the better the scenerio is as a whole.

About the problem that people are having with allies building hero units before the player gets a chance to, I believe I have a solution that I used in my game to make sure I get my heros. I think that the problem is that you have your allies researching what you are researching. So one turn before you get a Hero enabling tech, ask your allies to switch to researching something else.
Then you complete the research on YOUR turn, not on THEIRS.

Just finished this, playing as Arendel. Very interesting (and unexpected) ending. Had seen an un-spoiler-tagged reference to it before, but

Spoiler :
had assumed that was the Svart ending, what with it essentially being a victory for Faeryl Viconia (and now, with Arendel being buried alive, I see that Viconia's name is more meaningful than just a plain old re-use of a Baldur's Gate name!).

Anyway, I got cotton on my Yggdrasil too, so I WB deleted the cotton to get my fruit. (Didn't use WB otherwise, of course.) While it was a pain not having deer to get the fyrdwell, I do confess to a perhaps over-sentimental attachment to that unit (I added my Decius great commander to it in Against the Grey, and it defeated about half the total enemies on the map), so it probably wouldn't matter to most. I still did feel a bit jealous of the svarts with their nyxkin. ;-)

I found the scenario decent and fun overall, but with a few strange happenings. For instance, I wiped out Alexis before any of the svart leaders, because she kept harassing Amelanchier's cities. However, after turning down Duin's offer for Volanna (cause that would've been super-evil), I had Alexis asking for Rivenna once I defeated the Wraith Lord (which was just before the end of the turn that signalled my victory, as I took out Faeryl between the two). Since I'd already destroyed the Calabim, that was a bit of a WTF moment. ;-) Also, I found that, when I asked my allies to attack a certain city, they didn't make much of an effort. I pretty much won the whole thing by myself. (Maybe I should have given them more time/notice.)

Getting back to the ending,

Spoiler :
I found it very fitting in terms of the leaders' personalities. In fact, as "Arendel" was having her big funeral for Vicky and giving her various lofty speeches, I actually found it slightly OTT in terms of super-goodiness. Almost diabetes-inducing, at times, in its sweetness, holiness, and tolerance. So, in a way, I actually felt slightly vindicated when I found it was Viconia saying all those things, not Arendel. But I still felt a bit cheated at "losing" being my reward for winning, and I agree with some others in questioning the plausibility of the grand switcharoo - especially when you get the option to choose the fates of the other two leaders, but not Viconia. Anyway, I hope that there might, one day, be a follow-up scenario with the goal of freeing Arendel. :) Otherwise I might have to write bad fanfic, and no one wants that. :D

I defeated Thessa and got the offer from the Calabrim to make her a dark queen, but if I accept it's Barron Durin Halfmorn that I get improved relations with and joins the war.
I've attached the save file right before I capture the last of Thessa's cities.

hello ! I can't start this scenario :(
when i come to the civ selection screen, i got the following message :
"failed to read worldbuilder file :"c:/.../..../.../beyondthesword/mod/fall from heaven 2/assets/xml/scenarios/the splintered court.civbeyondswordwbsave.

I have installed tholal ai mod before playing the previous scenario (the barbarian assault) and this one worked well.

(hum I posted here, but I have the same promblem for other scenario (lord of balor for example))

For some reason loading from the scenario screen results in crashes with most of the scenarios in More Naval AI and modmods like mine based on it.

(Oddly, I found that one of the scenarios loaded fine from the screen only when it contained a reference to a nonexistent improvement.)

I personally prefer to open the scenarios by double clicking the files directly. They are found under C:\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Scenarios

Since the file endings are CivBeyondSwordWBSave, I assume this must be the same as loading them worldbuilder.

It should be noted that Lord of the Balors still does not work in More Naval AI, because it has an empty player slot between the playable leaders and the Infernals.

The latest release of my modmod contains compatible versions of all of the scenarios.

Thanks for your answers. I'll try this.
And by the way, nice job with this mod, the AI is much better. My game on barbarian assault was great !

I have installed your mod magistercultuum and the scenario works well.
but i lost my previous victories. Is there a way to restore the trophies ?
Thanks for all

My modmod is stored in a different directory, and so places its Trophy.cfg file in a different directory.

MagisterModmod trophies are placed in C:\Users\Magister\Documents\My Games\Magister Modmod for FfH2\Trophy instead of C:\Users\Magister\Documents\My Games\Fall from Heaven 2\Trophy.

The easiest way to play my modmod with the trophies from base FfH2 would be to copy that file from one directory to the other.

Top Bottom