weakest triats

what is the weakest warlord trait(inc vanilla)

• charismatic

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • protective

Votes: 123 29.3%
  • imperialistic

Votes: 81 19.3%
  • agresive

Votes: 11 2.6%
  • Creative

Votes: 42 10.0%
  • Expansive

Votes: 64 15.2%
  • Industrious

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Financial

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • Organized

Votes: 20 4.8%
  • Philosophical

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Spiritual

Votes: 30 7.1%

• Total voters
If you play an aggressive leader, you'll still get 1 GG, but your melee units start with combat I. A free promotion is better than 2 exp points. And if I am not wrong, the 100% GG production is messed up, so it's not truly 100%. Their production rate also plateau quite quickly. I'll pick aggressive any time. (that's why aggressive/charismatic does not exist so far, a bit too powerful)

It'll show up in 36 days :p

I like them all :)

You can win with all of them in all levels ( I haven´t yet tought :) )

SOme of the combinations are "easier" ,or at least for me.

For example I like more Ramses than Haptsepsut. I like more Elizabeth than Victoria or Churchill. I like more Gandhi than Asoka...

Imperialistic seems the weakest to me. I let my foes build my cities and it doesn't seem to me that you get x2 the GG, just each one a bit quicker.

sry that comment was directed to gettingfat

I actually meant imperialistic is actually not that good on relative term, say, comparing to aggressive. One extra GG give you +2 exp, but the free combat I from aggressive is actually more benefical.

I guess I didn't make it clear enough.

I think Expansive and Protective were quite pointless on smaller maps and lower difficulty levels. I bet most people won't play as Mao Zedong in warlords, no offense.

I play China a lot, and yes, Qin Shihuang is MUCH more powerful than Mao Tsetung. Mao is like, one of the worst leaders, in my opinion.

I voted Expansive. I dunno, I think it gets +100 Hammers on Courthouses, but that's what Slavery is for.

What?

Expansive gets a bonus to worker production, +2 health a city, and quicker granaries. Organized gets benefits to building courthouses.

Honestly, I want to change my vote here. The patch really evened things out for all the traits, and this deserves to be remade.

Oh, yes, I get Expansive and Organized mixed up, because I used to play Vanilla Caeser and Warlords Mehmed in my newb days. :crazyeye:

Well, now Expansive is even worse. :0

Never mind.

Well he's the only protective leader to [naturally] start with hunting. That alone would make me look forward to playing as him but since he also comes with what are probably the best unique building and unit in the expansion I don't think anyone will be really complaining.

Really they're all useful in the right sitiuation. I voted creative just because it's usually not all that useful. It doesn't really help with a culture victory, border expansion is rarely an issue (i <3 stonehenge and libraries), and i rarely build theaters. BUT if you're playing with the max number of civs on the map then it's decent to help preserve your borders, so there IS an up side to it.

Expansive can be nice at times, but it's more circumstantial to what the map generator throws at you. if I have 5 different health resources between my first three cities I doubt that extra health bonus will ever really matter.

Protective... eh, it's nice if you're planning on pissing off the world or if you love Drill. I rarely give drill to anything, so it doesn't thrill me.

Imperialistic - I love this trait. great generals make war just that much easier and half price settlers are awesome. yes, it's mostly an early game boost, but anything you boost in the early game has a trickle down effect to everything else. not something to be scoffed at by any means.

Spiritual - actually one of my favorites, and I really don't know why so many people are voting for it. the more you micro manage the better you'll do. this boosts your micro managment ability. it makes a little less of a difference on marathon, but it's still useful.

Organized - I'd rather have financial? :lol: very useful if you're going for conquest though. i think it'll make an even bigger difference after BTS if you plan on having overseas colonies. half price courthouses are great too.

Expansive has to be the least useful in my game play. If you have severe health negatives it might be more of a factor but it's based on circumstances to much.

Protective isn't useful to me either. I rarely promote a lot of units for defense. I prefer to promote for aggressive defense.

I like a trait that will be useful throughout the game and that has a special building that can be built in every city and doesn't go obsolete.

I play SP though so maybe in a multiplayer game protective would come in handing to prevent an early rush.

What the heck When I voted for Imperialistic it was like the most liked trait now it's like the worst!

when was imp ever popular?

i think aggressive is overrated. trebuchets, knights, cannons, calvary, tanks, modern armors don't benefit from aggressive. cheap barracks is nice though.

charismatic is much better than aggressive.

Top Bottom