What is the first Civ you will play as ?

Waiting on Russia, but I'm currently going between France, Spain, and Arabia. I feel each of them have unique things that would lend themselves to certain victory types that I want to try out (Culture/Military, Religious/Military, Religious/Military/Science, respectively). Also England to really play with the new continents system.

Here's hoping Russia has something off the wall that screams first game to me---they were my first civ in Civ5 and I might want to start a tradition :) Peter presents a lot of possibilities, but I'm hoping that his emphasis on Westernization (while questionable) plays into the new continent system and doesn't hinge on being technologically behind other civs. In general, I feel those types of UAs really prove useless to higher level civs.

I'm not a fan how Scythia designed. It may be overpowered on early game. I think for the first time it would be cool to play as British Empire. But i don't exactly know which one I'll choose.

No idea now. I was contemplating either Rome or Greece, but after watching so many let's plays with them I feel almost like I've already played them! Norway is another one I'm very interested in, but probably not for my first game.

I'm thinking of going with China. Getting used to the Eureka system, build some early Wonders, protect my land with the Great Wall. Seems pretty good for testing the waters.

Greece, most likely, but I also really like the look of Rome, Arabia, France and China. I'd like to experiment with Norway and Scythia as although I don't normally favour a very aggressive playstyle, both Civs seem really fun. Spain sound like fun to try the new religious victory but I probably won't give them a go until I'm more confident with the religious game in Civ 6, given how crucial it is to their playstyle.

So basically... about half the civs sound really awesome and why isn't the 21st already? :p

I had been thinking China for a very long time. Their bonuses seemed very new game friendly.

But, then Rome came along. And Rome was awesome. But a couple people said they weren't going to play Rome first, because they wanted to have to get used to building roads, since that's such a core important part of game play.

That made sense. But that got me thinking about China. China is going to have a different play style than many, because even with that extra charge from builders, they are going to want to produce a lot of builders to get the wonder help and the great wall up.

I want to play something kind of generic for a first one. I think America, Egypt, England, and Greece feel kind of generic. So probably one of them. Most likely America, but possibly Greece because that extra wild card slot seems very helpful while learning.

Like I said in another post, I will start with the most ancient leader, that would be Gilgamesh, and the next leader would be the next one in the timeline and so on until the most recent one...But I'll probably get bored of this after two or three games and say screw this!! I wanna try XXXX already!! XP

Probably going to play as India for my first game. Going to build lots of nukes late game so that I can fulfill Gandhi's destiny... of being a warmongering nuke-happy supreme overlord.

I'm heavily leaning toward Greece for my first playthrough(s). The extra WC slot seems very flexible while I figure out what's what. I also like the team oriented bonus for the Hoplite. Rome and Arabia will be Civs I use early on also. When I want to get aggressive after my first few games, I'll dive into the Aztecs and Scythians.

Personally im heavily leaning towards going for a Culture victory but theres always the chance I go for a World Domination/Conquer everything in the name of Communism victory
Always a possibility. Recent game as Shoshone I didn't really know where I was going, my neighbor took Liberty when I was Order, I took him capitol, and well, one thing leads to another...

I was thinking Rome for my first one, but now I feel more like going Greece or Aztecs.

Either Rome or Greece- its really hard to choose which!

Germany, China, Egypt and Arabia seems like they will be the ones that will fit with my usual cultural / builder style, but for the first time I feel that I could start with a random civ and be happy with it, Firaxis has done a superb job when designing civs so far with a couple of minor exceptions.

Greece, then Rome. Having flexibility of extra policy slot is important imo when you get stuck with either housing or amenities and you can only depends on the gov type (like filthy with monarchy housing bonus in his Spain game)

Top Bottom