ZP modern packs: US, Sweden and Brazil

I know that, but when I opened it in NifSkope there didn't appear to be a texturing line. I'll check again, but I'm used to using NifSkope and I don't see how I'd miss it.

I am not saying you do not know how to use nifskope (given that you actually create units instead of just reusing them I assume you know it better than I do ;) )

Here is the version I use and it works for me.

Well, my unit making skills are relatively weak. All I am really capable of doing right now are moving SOME models around and replacing heads and stuff like that, which can go a long way honestly. Most of my NifSkope experience involves leaderheads though so its a little different. Anyway what I did was move the Navy Seal in and just reskin it with the modern soldier skin, so I got it. Thanks for helping though.

Anyone know what the poly count on these are?

Thanks for the response zerver, I've had to shave a bunch of Wolfshanze units out for my planned mod, due to the increadibly high poly counts of some units (10,000 + was not too uncommon!). Will these models work fine for mid performance machines, or should I just skip them? I really want some good looking modern infantry though.

"I really want some good looking modern infantry though." - need a fine guns, uh? :D
And you've come to the right pla-a-ace, ma friend! :D
You should try them. Some people were complainting about the texture, but for my machine it doesn't causes any problems.
Check out for more of my units!

I would like to use a modern era information age infantry model to flank the Mechanized infantry in my mod I'm releasing a beta of later today (Bronze Steam and Tears). Unfortunately I can't find any current era (information age) modern infantry, besides those done by zerver. While zerver's models look great, they are unusable for a public mod. 1024 size textures wreck the game for low and mid range computers.

I'd really like to use a model like this though, but I can't release a mod with such high definition texture skins. Is there any chance someone would be willing to reskin these with a 256 or so texture? Just the american model is all I need. Granted it's only for eye candy, but I really like the way the flanking infantry looks for Air Assault and Motorized Infantry, and would like to include it for mechanized infantry. But I need a useable model, that wol't slow down the game to 5 minute turns on medium and low end computers.

Can you wait, eh, just a few days OK? Ill upload them for public use, just bit later. ;)

Yeah, that would work great, thanks zerver.

Zerver are you still going to reskin some of these?

I don't know, I know nothing about models... Artistic talent isn't my thing. If it is so simple, any chance you could throw together a smaller texture for the Modern US soldier?

Sweet, thanks you, now I can pack an .fpk for Bronze Steam and Tears, and hopefully get a Beta build out this weekend.
:cheers:

I frequently resize Zervers graphics for my mod, here is the resized US soldier dds.

Have you tested this? The unit came out with a geraf neck, and a contorted arm that's all warped and makes the gun extend at a strange angle, it's still animated too, which usually doesn't happen if you just mess up the kfm or main nif references in artdefines.

Am I just screwing this up, or does this texture warp the model all strange like that?

Edit: Works fine with the paratrooper model, not sure why it messes up the marine, but that's A OK, the paratrooper model works just as good for my purposes. Thanks for making this Mamba.

a .dds resizing can't warp up the model itself. At worst the texture of the model could become warped.

Are you sure you aren't using the wrong kfm Phungus?

No :mischief: I did try a few kfms though, and I don't know how the kfm would give the unit a gerraph neck, but it really isn't an issue as I just used the paratrooper model, which worked great, and with mamba's texture useable for a public released mod. In fact, the model is now in Bronze Steam and Tears, faithfully flanking the mechanized infantry.

BTW cappo, thanks for making the explorer's with muskets, they now have a good home too, as the pathfinder unit. Took me a while to get them in, but I knew I'd use them, and incorporating them ended up getting delayed until I had an alternate mod to WolfRevolution up.

No :mischief: I did try a few kfms though, and I don't know how the kfm would give the unit a gerraph neck,

hehe, any idea how a texture could do that ?

A dds is unable to do that, all distortions are either due to the model itself or the kfm used. Just from the looks of the unit I'd say it uses the navyseal kfm.

Back
Top Bottom