Chain Link Fence Borders

Pounder, the oxidised look is outstanding!! :goodjob: Yeah, the graffitti is not needed. :D I think you have it my friend. The oxidized look is perfect.

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

Pounder thank you! :goodjob: I will post a screenie in the Fallout mod thread. :D

:nuke: Cheers Thorgrimm :nuke:

"Sammy wos ere 05"
"Luke 4 Jayne"
"Fu*K the Government!

Pounder said:

I tested them before I posted them and you can see both Civ colours when two Civ's borders meet. The colours are a little washed out because the preview is a jpeg.

What you may not have noticed is that when two Civ's borders meet there is only one fence (mountains excepted).

I have been using less Civ colour in the last couple of borders I have made, this is intentional.

If you like, I could make variations, in the one posted above I have added towers in the hills. I could add more Civ colour by adding things like flags, or some other item that could have the Civ colours.
Great job :thumbsup:
I like the sea idea. Like if we were protecting the sea or such.
Oh, and great civ you picked :p

Weasel Op said:
Pounder, I'm getting a purple background on these. I checked the palette and it looks right. Any ideas?

edit: the Fallout version does it too, but not the chain link version. I'm comparing the palettes.

It works fine for me, I just downloaded the file I posted above and it works fine for me. You can see that it works in game on the original post I made.

The guys on the Fallout site have posted several shots with it all working for them.

Are you looking at it in the editor? The editor displays this file with different colours than the in game game. The territory file is the only one that does this for some reason, that is; if you go beyond the four base colours that the original file uses, as I have done.

Maybe you could post a shot of what is happening, so I have a better understanding, because it sure sounds like a palette problem, but it is working for other people.

Maybe post the file as well, because the transparent colours this file are not the same as other Civ3 pcx files.

I downloaded it straight into the mod folder, and I get this:

Attachments

• fenceborder.JPG
    fenceborder.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 317
Weasel Op said:
I downloaded it straight into the mod folder, and I get this:

I don't get that in either the editor or the game.

Seems to me that something is corrupted.

I once had a game get corrupted before and the graphic remained corrupted to the end of the game even after several turns/saves, I always thought is was the save or the bic/biq/bix that was gone bad.

Edit: Have you tried using the file in the regular epic game to see if works there, that may give a clue where the problem is.

Top Bottom