CCM3 Epic Mod

Hi Civinator,

I like the introduction of half-years, but is it possible to change the "H2 1976 AD" in "1976 H2 AD" ? It would be a bit simpler to find the save game in the list.
The autoformating of the labels text entries in that information screen is complicated. If you think you have a part of the text here working properly, this can cause a massive problem and distortions somewhere else in the text. May be, with tons of invested time by try and error it would be possible to do such a change, but I am glad that the info can be read as it is and I was able to eliminate the "G" in the newest update of the labels text file by using a sign that C3C cannot read.

I understand, Civinator, it is just a minor issue not worth the time needed to fix it.

Civinator, the Civilopedia entry for Transcontinental Railroad reads that it will provide a Railyard for each city on the continent. I believe it is just a typo that should read Train Station, but I am worried that it might be referancing a broken link.

Civinator, the Civilopedia entry for Transcontinental Railroad reads that it will provide a Railyard for each city on the continent. I believe it is just a typo that should read Train Station, but I am worried that it might be referancing a broken link.
Jersey Joe, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The name in the link of that wonder must be updated from Railyard to Train Station, but the link itself is working correctly to the entry of the Train Station. This will be fixed with the next update of the civilopedia.

Transcontinental Railroad.jpg

Civinator, the english can build the HMS Nelson at will. That's not what the pedia says?

Civinator, the english can build the HMS Nelson at will. That's not what the pedia says?
jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The Brits should receive only two of these ships (Nelson and Rodney) by autoproduction. This will be fixed with the next update of the biq.

jlvfr, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) The Brits should receive only two of these ships (Nelson and Rodney) by autoproduction. This will be fixed with the next update of the biq.
... my navy may or may not now have 40+ Nelsons... :lol:

... my navy may or may not now have 40+ Nelsons... :lol:
No longer with the next biq. :D The Nelsons now are set to require the strat. resource gamemechanics, that is not available for any civ. This setting allows that an autoproduced unit can appear in the techbox, but cannot be produced normally.

Errors:
Naval Warfare – image C47 Dakota – plane?
Civilopedia: Outpost = 2 tiles on flat terrain - real 1 tile, 3 tiles on hills, real 2 tiles, 3 tiles on mountains – real 2 tiles.
Questions:
Outpost cloud reveal Invisible units?
Invisible unit not reveal another Invisible unit?
Why can Settler "upgrade" to North European Settler, what is the advantage?
The walls are only effective up to level 2 of the city. It becomes a bit useless... until you build it, you reach level 3 with the city... my opinion!

Suggestions:
Maybe a "Balance in imbalance..."
For example:
War Elephant (3-2-2) – can be 4-3-1 and more expensive than the horse and the camel – the elephant is slower than the horse...
Native Horselacer(3-2-2) – can be 3-1-3
Camel(3-2-2) – can be 3-1-2
The chariot (3-1-2) - can be 3-2-3 - more expensive than the horse, etc.
In my opinion, in the First Era, the costs of these units are about the same and the Status of the units are too similar...

Maybe the color of the Ocean, be much darker than the color of the Sea.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Errors:
Naval Warfare – image C47 Dakota – plane?
This was one of the first errors reported. When starting your next game, please use the biq in post 2 of this thread that holds many fixes, among them the fix for the C47 Dakota, too.
Civilopedia: Outpost = 2 tiles on flat terrain - real 1 tile, 3 tiles on hills, real 2 tiles, 3 tiles on mountains – real 2 tiles.
Questions:
Outpost cloud reveal Invisible units?
Outposts in my eyes are pure crap. I don´t use them, but they are in CCM 3, as they are in Civ 3, too. So I cannot say if they can detect invisible units. My guess is no.

Invisible unit not reveal another Invisible unit?
To detect invisible units a flag different to the invisible flag must be enabled in the editor. Per example workers can detect invisible units (to have a chance against enslavers and holy men), but they are not invisible themselves.

Why can Settler "upgrade" to North European Settler, what is the advantage?
They are simply in the same upgrade chain. There is no advantage in upgrading them, but to have a unit in a special flavor.
The walls are only effective up to level 2 of the city. It becomes a bit useless... until you build it, you reach level 3 with the city... my opinion!
This is the normal setting for city walls in Civ 3. In my eyes they are very useful, especially against AI attacks by enslavers and holy men. CCM has no level 3 cities and level 2 cities need a higher population than in normal Civ 3.
Suggestions:
Maybe a "Balance in imbalance..."
For example:
War Elephant (3-2-2) – can be 4-3-1 and more expensive than the horse and the camel – the elephant is slower than the horse...
Native Horselacer(3-2-2) – can be 3-1-3
Camel(3-2-2) – can be 3-1-2
The chariot (3-1-2) - can be 3-2-3 - more expensive than the horse, etc.
In my opinion, in the First Era, the costs of these units are about the same and the Status of the units are too similar...
The unit values of era 1 units in my eyes in CCM had a lot of balancing and there is no need in my eyes to change here anything. There are many differences in values besides ADM, per example different units have different movement bonuses in certain terrain, elephants have an additional HP, camels have stealth attack and so on. I tried to keep ADM low to avoid an inflation in those categories as it happens in normal civ 3.

If you like those values suggested, please feel free to do these settings for your own game, but please take into account, that you should rise many of the values for the following units in the next eras, to keep here some kind of balance.
Maybe the color of the Ocean, be much darker than the color of the Sea.
You can use different sets of terrain, that you can download in the Civ 3 graphics forum at CFC.

Last edited:
@Civinator, I have been looking through units folder of my copy of CCM3 mod. Mod has An-12 and An-22 planes but there are no animations for them. Could you please have a look?
I have disabled all transport planes in CCM 3, as I needed the transports-foot-units-flag (that in earlier versions of CCM were used for them) to disclose early land artillery from beeing parts of armies.

This was one of the first errors reported. When starting your next game, please use the biq in post 2 of this thread that holds many fixes, among them the fix for the C47 Dakota, too.

Outposts in my eyes are pure crap. I don´t use them, but they are in CCM 3, as they are in Civ 3, too. So I cannot say if they can detect invisible units. My guess is no.

To detect invisible units a flag different to the invisible flag must be enabled in the editor. Per example workers can detect invisible units (to have a chance against enslavers and holy men), but they are not invisible themselves.

They are simply in the same upgrade chain. There is no advantage in upgrading them, but to have a unit in a special flavor.

This is the normal setting for city walls in Civ 3. In my eyes they are very useful, especially against AI attacks by enslavers and holy men. CCM has no level 3 cities and level 2 cities need a higher population than in normal Civ 3.

The unit values of era 1 units in my eyes in CCM had a lot of balancing and there is no need in my eyes to change here anything. There are many differences in values besides ADM, per example different units have different movement bonuses in certain terrain, elephants have an additional HP, camels have stealth attack and so on. I tried to keep ADM low to avoid an inflation in those categories as it happens in normal civ 3.

If you like those values suggested, please feel free to do these settings for your own game, but please take into account, that you should rise many of the values for the following units in the next eras, to keep here some kind of balance.

You can use different sets of terrain, that you can download in the Civ 3 graphics forum at CFC.

I understand and thank you for your answers and for your patience! Regarding my suggestions, I understand how complicated it is to make a balance between units and how much work it is! Sorry, I didn't want to talk nonsense, I just thought if my idea is good or not!
Good luck and I hope I didn't bother you too much. I will report the errors found if I encounter them!
Only good!

I understand and thank you for your answers and for your patience! Regarding my suggestions, I understand how complicated it is to make a balance between units and how much work it is! Sorry, I didn't want to talk nonsense, I just thought if my idea is good or not!
Good luck and I hope I didn't bother you too much. I will report the errors found if I encounter them!
Only good!
Please don´t misunderstand this. You did not talk nonsense. Thank you very much for your input. :)

I think you might be confusing the level of a city with its population (the number next to the city name). The walls don't become useless when you reach two population in the city, but when the city gets to level two. The population needed to reach level two depends on the game rules, in vanilla it needs 7 population, whereas in CCM3 it needs 11. You can only grow the city to level 2 population if it has access to fresh water, whether that be through a river or a lake, or by building a city improvement for it, like the Aqueduct in both vanilla and CCM3.

Civinator, the Civilopedia entry for French Guard Infantry references the CCM2 link to "Napoleonic Era" instead of "Arc de Triomphe".

Also, The tech Military Tradition allows the wonders "Arc de Triomphe" and "Brandenburg Gate", which have a prerequisite of 2 War Memorials, to be built. However, you cannot build the prerequisite War Memorials until you learn Napoleonic Age (which has Military Tradition as a prerequisite). :confused:

I would suggest either moving the War Memorial to Military Tradition or the 2 Wonders to Napoleonic Age.

Civinator, the Civilopedia entry for French Guard Infantry references the CCM2 link to "Napoleonic Era" instead of "Arc de Triomphe".
Jersey Joe, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) It will be fixed with the next update of the civilopedia.
Also, The tech Military Tradition allows the wonders "Arc de Triomphe" and "Brandenburg Gate", which have a prerequisite of 2 War Memorials, to be built. However, you cannot build the prerequisite War Memorials until you learn Napoleonic Age (which has Military Tradition as a prerequisite). :confused:
I would suggest either moving the War Memorial to Military Tradition or the 2 Wonders to Napoleonic Age.
I am aware of that problem and it should have been fixed with the last update of the biq: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/ccm3-epic-mod.690497/page-11#post-16641634 , but RL had something against it, as I run out of my time for doing the changes in the civilopedia that come with those changes in the biq. It will now come with the next update of the biq and the civilopedia.

Top Bottom