CCM3 Epic Mod

Civinator, I found another problem with the civilopedia entry for Arc de Triomphe: If I open the civilopedia using the button in the uper left corner of the screen and the choose Great Wonders -> Arc de Triomphe the civilopedia page shows a prerequisite of "factory". However, if I use the science advisor to open Military Tradition and open the Arc de Triomphe description it shows a prerequisite of 2 War Memorials.

Liking your mod so far! Just wondering how I would go about re-enabling pollution and climate change? Could I just change the rules in the editor or is it a little more complicated?

Liking your mod so far! Just wondering how I would go about re-enabling pollution and climate change? Could I just change the rules in the editor or is it a little more complicated?
It would take a lot of work in the editor. Civinator removed pollution from all buildings (replacing with unhappiness) and adding "no population pollution" and "less building pollution" for improvement, small wonder, and great wonder. You'd also have to change the rules to allow city see three and change settings of hospitals.

Firedog, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM 3. :)

You can re-enable pollution and climate change in the editor, but this could be much more complicated as you think, as in CCM additionally each building is removing pollution and the pollution values of buildings were removed, too. Additionally you have to re-introduce size 3 cities and a building that allows them. This setting was done to dim down the population pollution in Civ 3. In CCM 3 pollution is replaced by additional unhappiness to reduce a big amount of micromanagement in the game edit: as posted by SayHayKid some minutes before my post.

Civinator, I found another problem with the civilopedia entry for Arc de Triomphe: If I open the civilopedia using the button in the uper left corner of the screen and the choose Great Wonders -> Arc de Triomphe the civilopedia page shows a prerequisite of "factory". However, if I use the science advisor to open Military Tradition and open the Arc de Triomphe description it shows a prerequisite of 2 War Memorials.
Jersey Joe, thank you very much for reporting that error. :) In the techtree for national GWs in CCM 3, you see the "dummy-entry" that allows that the national GW can appear in the correct box of the techtree, that is defined by the appearance of resources or other features like buildings that are needed as prerequisites for that national GW. Those "dummy-entries" in CCM 3 are needed, as there are no more "normal" special national buildings for each of the 31 civs and a building in Civ 3 cannot have two techs as its direct prerequisite. The 31 building slots for flags in former versions of CCM, in CCM 3 are needed for other duties.

In the list of GWs you can see the direct entry of that national GW and you can notice, that in that list the tech of that national GW now shows the direct tech the national GW is connected to. In that entry for the building, the correct prerequisite of 2 War Memorials, that defines, that this GW can only been built, when War Memorials are available, must be changed, too.

Last edited:
Firedog, thank you very much for your kind words about CCM 3. :)

You can re-enable pollution and climate change in the editor, but this could be much more complicated as you think, as in CCM additionally each building is removing pollution and the pollution values of buildings were removed, too. Additionally you have to re-introduce size 3 cities and a building that allows them. This setting was done to dim down the population pollution in Civ 3. In CCM 3 pollution is replaced by additional unhappiness to reduce a big amount of micromanagement in the game edit: as posted by SayHayKid some minutes before my post.
Okay, thanks. I did take a look in the editor and saw what you guys were talking about. Think I might try making my own tweaks of the game rules like I do with civ 2 for now, still learning my way around civ 3. Your mod really piqued my interest in the game, so cheers for that.

I just noticed the Airport is 1000 shields. 👀
Yes, this a fair setting for this powerful building, when it is available in the later game. It is always astonishing, how many AI cities have airports even with these settings.

I think you might be confusing the level of a city with its population (the number next to the city name). The walls don't become useless when you reach two population in the city, but when the city gets to level two. The population needed to reach level two depends on the game rules, in vanilla it needs 7 population, whereas in CCM3 it needs 11. You can only grow the city to level 2 population if it has access to fresh water, whether that be through a river or a lake, or by building a city improvement for it, like the Aqueduct in both vanilla and CCM3.
It seems that I really made a mistake, I thought that the number of the population = city level! Sorry, but where is the city level specified for CCM? I didn't find it, maybe I didn't look in the right place! Thank you for your understanding and explanations!

Please don´t misunderstand this. You did not talk nonsense. Thank you very much for your input. :)
No problem, I didn't misunderstand what you said! Anyway, the fact that you have so much availability and patience, even for simple questions or ambiguities, must be appreciated! Thank you once again for your understanding and patience! :)

Top Bottom