"Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod" is one of the most famous modpacks for Civilization III, with more than 25'000 downloads, and having generated over 7000 posts of feedback, including CivFanatics' Forums' biggest thread (300 pages long)
Also known as RoC (basic version) or RoCX or RoX (expanded version), Rhye's of Civilization is a modpack that attempts to make a realistic and historically correct Civilization III game based on an Earth map, without pre-placed cities.
The first version (2.0) was released in February 2004, and was developed until that summer by Rhye.
From September to December 2004 its Expansion Pack was made. A whole team worked on it.
In brief, it features:
- A 170x170 world map (A separate biq for the random map is included)
- Special rules for speed improvement: loading times are reduced up to 95%
- New terrain graphics and new team colours
- A new resource system that makes the game develop like real history (for Earth map only)
- Three new civilizations: Austria, Ethiopia and Israel
- A revised rule system, that corrects any inaccuracy of the original game
- 158 new units (including cultural-based animations and a 2nd unique unit for each civ)
- 25 new wonders
- A totally redesigned tech tree
- Complete civilopedia entries
This mod needs the English/US version of the Conquests expansion, patched to 1.22.
Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .Dismiss Notice
We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.Dismiss Notice
Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!Dismiss Notice
Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Updated Downlink Link
Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod