This mod adds 11 new Global Units to Civilization 6. The new units are: Longswordsman, Trebuchet, Explorer, (medieval) Horseman, Rifleman, Gatling Gun, Cuirassier, Mortar, Self Propelled Artillery, Cog and Galleass.
Here's how the additional Global Units fit into the upgrade paths:
... -> Swordsman -> Longswordsman* -> Musketman -> Rifleman* -> Infantry
... -> Knight -> Cuirassier* -> Tank
Rider (renamed Horseman) -> Horseman* -> Cavalry
... -> Field Cannon -> Mortar* -> Rocket Launcher
Ranged (Automatic Guns, +8 combat bonus vs Melee, Anti Cavalry and Light Cavalry, exert Zone of Control):
Gatling Gun* -> Machine Gun
Catapult -> Trebuchet* -> Bombard -> Artillery -> Self Propelled Artillery*
Scout -> Explorer* -> Ranger
Galley -> Cog* -> Caravel
Quadrireme -> Galleass* -> Frigate
Unique Unit Changes:
* Conquistador -> Rifleman (other religion combat bonus reduced by 1 to +9)
* Mamluk -> Cuirassier
* Legion -> Longswordsman
* Shield Bearer -> Longswordsman
* War Cart -> Knight
* War Cart replaces Heavy Chariot.
* Legion changed to 41 combat strength.
* Cost of Knight, Mamluk increased to 200.
* Samurai replaces Longswordsman.
* Khevsur now replaces Longswordsman.
* Pikeman strength increased to 45, cost decreased to 160.
* Okihtcitaw upgrades to Explorer.
* Hwacha upgrades to Mortar.
* Khmer Domrey replaces Trebuchet.
* Macedon Hypaspist and Persian Immortal upgrade to Longswordsman.
* Anti Cavalry units now have +20 combat bonus vs Heavy Cavalry & +15 vs Light Cavalry
* Naturalist Base Sight Range set to 2.
Differences from Moar Units Core Only:
* Sniper, Modern Sniper and Recon units dropped.
* Gatling Gun and Machine Gun are both Ranged units, but with additional +8 combat bonus vs Melee, Anti Cavalry and Light Cavalry.
* No changes to Recon promotion tree.
Moar Units has proved very popular (75,000+ active subscriptions!). However a significant issue with it is that it is effectively two mods rolled into one:
1) A mod that adds additional Global Units.
2) A mod that adds another 2 Unique Units to (some) Civilizations.
Steel & Thunder: Unit Expansion is a revised version of (1), splitting out this component of Moar into its own standalone mod.
If anyone wants to reuse any of the Unit art from Moar it is all available here:
This mod is meant to be used INSTEAD of Moar Units not with it!
Thanks to the following contributors:
Icon Art: ChimpanG, janboruta
3D Art: Hizkiyahu (aka Wolfdog)
Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion 1.87
Adds 11 new Global Units to Civilization 6