3.0 discussion

thanks i hope to generate some discussion here about the mod.

one idea im toying with, changing the culture point system to a "mass media" system. I want to portray sides using whatever media available to spread their culture, including TV.

what do you think of that?

I just counted a rough unit count. for now, it looks like there will be over 78 units.

48 of those units will be UU's, specific for each civ with civ flavored abilities.

take your time bro. i dont even have enough money to buy BtS yet and am still using developer version (now defuct) so it will be some more weeks till i release the alpha.

Tell me if you need any civilopedia or any other "easy" text-based stuff to do.

But pretty much I can only really do civilopedia

Tell me if you need any civilopedia or any other "easy" text-based stuff to do.

But pretty much I can only really do civilopedia

Actually, this is something I always need help with :)

I plan on there being 70+ unit in this mod, so there will be significant increase of civilopaedia entries.

also, the older entries could have been formatted better (IMO since i did most of them), so if you are proficient in formating the text strings of civ4 xml, (making them paragraphed, boldface in places, and consistant).

I plan on recycling any entries from 2.0 that are still relevant in 3.0.

Actually, this is something I always need help with :)

I plan on there being 70+ unit in this mod, so there will be significant increase of civilopaedia entries.

also, the older entries could have been formatted better (IMO since i did most of them), so if you are proficient in formating the text strings of civ4 xml, (making them paragraphed, boldface in places, and consistant).

I plan on recycling any entries from 2.0 that are still relevant in 3.0.
Just send me a PM of anything you want a civilopedia entry for then.

that will start later in the process (after i get a XML framework)

unfortunately for me, i havent been able to spare the jink to buy BtS yet :( , but as soon as i get it, i will get the xml going. then, once i get the errors out, it will be a race to fill in teh blanks.

Does this mean you can either play as a "liberal" or "conservative" U.S.? Or will you only include neo-cons for the American leader roster?

Just make sure to include the Vegas strip and Area 51 in Las Vegas this time! Maybe Hoover Dam (renamed 3-gorges) as well.

And my music. You must include that And thank me for it in the credits. :cool:

Does this mean you can either play as a "liberal" or "conservative" U.S.? Or will you only include neo-cons for the American leader roster?

Yes, actually. No longer will players be forced to be george bush!!

However, the ideology will not be different. So even if you are not a neo-liberal (and you might not be if you are actually reading this) you still have to suffer with that ideology. (you could choose not to spread it)

Just make sure to include the Vegas strip and Area 51 in Las Vegas this time! Maybe Hoover Dam (renamed 3-gorges) as well.

And my music. You must include that And thank me for it in the credits. :cool:

sure thing bro. i want at many wonders as possible!!

do you mean music that you wrote?

Top Bottom