Soren Johnson joins Zynga

Vael

Shadow Angel
Someone just sent me a link to an article which just revealed the news. Looks like he's going to be making Facebook games from now on...

They are all falling to the dark side of the force :( First Brian Reynolds, then Sid , now Soren ... :cry:

They don't join, they infiltrate them ;) (hopefully).

---------------

Well...let's see how this turns out before judging about it.

This happens to every major game franchise.Look at Simcity.They made that FARM facebook game or whatever and the next you know everyone thinks they are a gardener...

Its sad,but the future of gaming is rips off for the web/facebook/myspace.

Release half built games and make the other half DLC...

and then of course the dreaded dumbing down so we can get all the tweens in on the game and make twice the money,,,

ehh its the future the maya promised...a new ear in crappy gaming...lol

I admit that I have played my share of facebookgames in the Farmville period, however since then I found the games became repetitive and shallow. At this moment I instantly block messages that are about facebook games. At this point, if I ever were to start up a facebook game again, I would do it in secret and doing my best to hide it.

Soren Johnson's past in games makes a good case to try this but they still have to come with one hell of a pitch in order for me to try this new game of him.

They are all falling to the dark side of the force :( First Brian Reynolds, then Sid , now Soren ... :cry:

Soren joined the dark side long ago when leaving C3C with an unfinished and frequently broken patch. :assimilate:

While it is depressing, I can't blame people for jumping on the FB bandwagon. I know some people who have made some insane amounts of money with FB games. I can't fathom how people spend money on those games, but I had a roommate who spent hundreds of dollars on FB games. It's incredible.

While it is depressing, I can't blame people for jumping on the FB bandwagon. I know some people who have made some insane amounts of money with FB games. I can't fathom how people spend money on those games, but I had a roommate who spent hundreds of dollars on FB games. It's incredible.

The 'how' is not so difficult. The 'why', however, is still boggling me..

Soren joined the dark side long ago when leaving C3C with an unfinished and frequently broken patch. :assimilate:

Bad move - but I presume that was not his call but had to do with management decisions and Atari's sale of the franchise. The fact that C3C 1.22 is the only patch for Civ III or Civ IV that does not contain the f speaks volumes that this was not intended as final but was abandoned for some reasons...

Top Bottom