Éa III, Sword & Sorcery: Bugs/Crashes thread

The problem is that they can take a city if they are NOT adjacent but are in range (siege units). I had that happen in a recent game too.
Oops! Just looked at code and I see that I never added the adjacent requirement. I'll add that for 7i.

(I've debated myself about restricting by unit type so that archers and mounted archers can take a city but siege can't. But then what about ranged ships? So I think I'll keep it simple and just say any ranged can take city if adjacent.)

7i released! It's a pretty small patch update, plus a present for Civtar:
  • Can rename units by right-clicking name in unit panel; it's currently disabled for GPs however until I integrate with leader system
  • Ranged unit capture of city with 0 hp only happens now if unit is adjacent to city (as intended)
  • Max gpt from any interest source is now 100 ajusted by map size
  • Added UI in city screen indicating gpt from interest on treasury
  • Action UI for building National Treasury now indicates the correct interest on treasury (mod x 0.05%)
  • Fixed obscure Lua error in Mercenary AI code
  • Fixed silent Lua error in diplo UI
I think this covers bugs listed above except for the Airship mobility being affected by terrain (that'll be fixed in v8 since it requires new promotion that will break saves). I'm still hard at work on v8, which includes some new spells coded by Doopliss, new icons by several folks, and Enabled Policies (all 90 of them, which is why it's going to take a while yet...).

Hi, I just gave a try to this mod after a long time waiting for a more complete version.
I have always been keeping an eye on its development since the very beginning, being a huge fan of every kind of fantasy mod for Civ. Nice work!
At turn 1 I ran into an error overlay screen, then I tried a few more turns, but it kept popping up.
I'm posting a screenshot now, since the lua.log became engulfed with all the repeated reports. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2014-09-20_00001.jpg
    2014-09-20_00001.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 236
@textdionis, I'll need Lua.log for that one (there's more information there than I can get from the screenshot). If you zip it they are usually not too big to post.

Also, let me know what version you are using.

ok, I'm using 7h

this is Lua log, I apologize if it may be redundant

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    141.6 KB · Views: 214
Something very messed up is happening with civs and player IDs after Game Setup Screen but before game starts -- during map generation, I'd guess.

It looks like you're doing something with WorldBuilderMapLoader. I don't even know what that is, to tell the truth. (Maybe I should?) I know the mod works with most Firaxis and modder map scripts, as long as they don't hard-code resources or features (which a couple do). If I understand correctly, WorldBuilder also uses some hard-coded table IDs, so can't be used with mods that add/remove items from database tables, which Éa does a lot of. Try running the mod with a regular map script. (My personal favorite right now is Planet Simulator.)

Just tried with a preset map type (Boreal), but still getting that error screen. Apart from that, I can play the game, only with that annoying overlay popping up every turn.
I hope one of the next patches will fix the issue, in the meantime I will give a try to that Planet Simulator map script, as you suggested

, but still getting that error screen. Apart from that, I can play the game, only with that annoying overlay popping up every turn.
No you can't. You're not playing the mod, you're playing base Civ5 with a few features of the mod that almost certainly aren't working. The error screen means that Lua is crashing and not running most of the mod's functionality.

Try deleting the Cache and ModUserData folders (same place as the MODS folder). Then start a game with the base Continents map script. Then post Lua.log if you see error.

7i released! It's a pretty small patch update, plus a present for Civtar:
  • Can rename units by right-clicking name in unit panel; it's currently disabled for GPs however until I integrate with leader system
  • Ranged unit capture of city with 0 hp only happens now if unit is adjacent to city (as intended)
  • Max gpt from any interest source is now 100 ajusted by map size
  • Added UI in city screen indicating gpt from interest on treasury
  • Action UI for building National Treasury now indicates the correct interest on treasury (mod x 0.05%)
  • Fixed obscure Lua error in Mercenary AI code
  • Fixed silent Lua error in diplo UI
I think this covers bugs listed above except for the Airship mobility being affected by terrain (that'll be fixed in v8 since it requires new promotion that will break saves). I'm still hard at work on v8, which includes some new spells coded by Doopliss, new icons by several folks, and Enabled Policies (all 90 of them, which is why it's going to take a while yet...).

:woohoo:
Frankly I wouldn't want to rename GPs, I only wanted to name ships, regiments, great bombardes (those are so fun to name!), etc...

Has anyone seen the bug (or working as intended?) where every visible square (and possibly ever square without a unit on it spawns an animal? I'm talking about literally hundreds of them, all over the map.

Greetings Ea creators,

I have a lua log crash to report this morning, though the crash had occurred the game was still running. I do have a save game if needed.

Background:
The crash occurred during a save game load where I had chosen to end the turn to progress the game. I had been playing this game with no errors the night before prior to the save.

Ea mod: 7i
Other mods in use: Quickturns v10, Diplomacy Warmonger debuff
Game map: World of Islands, non-scenario use

Attachments

• Lua.7z
    11.7 KB · Views: 186
There is a bug with scurvy (in version 7i): It often (but not always) subtracts 10% of your MAXIMUM health instead of your current health. So, a caravel with 30 hp will be "damaged" to 90 health. I noticed it frequently with caravels, and rarely with other ships, although I've seen caravels dammaged "correctly" by scurvy as well.

One speculation is that the distance from port is a factor as to weather it will bug or not. My caravels are usually out exploring, while my other ships are closer to home. I wouldn't think there would be anything in the function that takes distance into account, but it seems to fit my observances so far.

I know this is coming late, and that you are now working on v8, but here is one bug with a high cost technology having a negative cost.

With Ea III v7i :
During the endgame, I know about 45 techs, and the Esoteric arcana (T8) costs less than 0 : -181,995 points. I checked in game, I can get it instantly without crashing.

Picture below :
Spoiler :

Cheaper techs are ok. I suspect a type overflow, due to a high knowledge maintenance (303%).

Attachments

• tech negative cost.jpg
    tech negative cost.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 426
Hello,
I played this excellent game for the first time yesterday (version 7i) and all was good, but today, when I wanted to play a new game, after set up, the game not start, crash, and lead me to my desktop...I deleted all saved games and mods, and reload, but nothing hapening. I'm on windows7 64b. And forgive my language, I'm not english ;)

If you want to play Éa, you must delete the folders in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5 named cache and ModUserData before starting up Civ5. Otherwise weird things including crashes can happen. I have no idea why this is, but it always works for me.
:)

Top Bottom