[1.0.0.167] AI Trade bug - they'll give everything away

chmilz

Chieftain
Summer patch hits. Load up existing save. Every trade opportunity, the AI will give me everything for nothing. I could offer a luxury resource and get all their gold, resources, and works. Figured the save was broken. Started new game. All was good. Then all of a sudden it started again. I don't know if it's linked to an era or whatever, but I can't make proper trades. Game is completely broken like this. The ability to bankrupt the AI makes it unplayable.

Posted an example. I'm denounced and unfriendly with England. Save included.

Update: In further testing, there are some instances that the AI says the deal is acceptable but clicking to accept does nothing. In all cases tested so far, the AI still makes grossly absurd trades. In the save below, I am denounced by Pericles but I can trade a single luxury resource for all or almost all of his works. It seems to vary. Getting all the gold is still broken as hell though. They'll pay thousands for a resource.

Attachments

• Lopsided Trade.jpg
    Lopsided Trade.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 646
  • quicksave.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I know what it's linked to: The cultural artifacts / items. Those screw up the negotiations. If you leave them out, you get a realistic view of what this deal is really worth to the AI.

I had this, too, in my recent game, I stumbled upon this after asking for their cultural items. After that, I realized I could even take every city from them. That is not possible, if you leave the cultural goods out.

I noticed something strange. Even though, the AI says "yes I would like to accept this deal", clicking "accept deal" doen't work. So it looks like this may just be a displaying problem? Can anybody confirm?

Even if I leave out artifacts they'll give me all their gold. In my deleted save they were willing to offer me over 1400 gold for a single luxury resource.

Even if I leave out artifacts they'll give me all their gold. In my deleted save they were willing to offer me over 1400 gold for a single luxury resource.
Are you taking any cultural item in return ? Any exchange will cause this

Are you taking any cultural item in return ? Any exchange will cause this
No. I can get everything without having a cultural item in the trade. Load the save game I posted above and offer a cotton to England, she'll willingly give up all the gold.

Ok, so I downloaded your save and loaded it up. There's no England and you don't own any cotton...? :confused::confused:

I played this today after the Nubian DLC was added.

Also had the same thing occur. I beat down one city with like 3 archers and the civ gave me all but one city when they made peace.

(which was like 7 cities). Broken.

I concur trade is totally broken and game breaking. They also give everything away to go to joint war now, including their cities, even if it's like turn 20 and they only have 2 cities! I posted this in bugs forum too and hope it gets attention

Here is what I have documented: You propose a trade to a civ involving a luxury item, lets say cocoa and ask them what they will give you in return. IF the civ decides that it does not want to trade, you can then click on anything and everything they have, and they will be thanking you in return. I just traded 1 Cocoa for all of their gold, all of their gold per turn, every strategic AND luxury resource, every piece of art in their museums AND every single city except for their capitol. This was on level 6, and I first noticed it during the Industrial Era but it may have been going on before that.

HAVE FUN EVERYONE, DOMINATION VICTORIES ON THE HOUSE.

I noticed something strange. Even though, the AI says "yes I would like to accept this deal", clicking "accept deal" doen't work. So it looks like this may just be a displaying problem? Can anybody confirm?
it could be the case that you have no slots for the great works.

it could be the case that you have no slots for the great works.

I think DanielLi is correct. I had the same thing when I went for broke; but most of the time I got the great works; so I figure that one time that I tried to take 10 or so, there wasn't enough room for me to hold them

Yeah, that's my experience too.

Do we know for sure that everyone is experiencing this bug? Or might it be specific to something having to do with our systems or settings? I just can't believe people are playing on, GOTM is going as normal, etc. This bug is pretty game breaking, unless you play without trading for some reason. Yet no one but a few of us here seem to care. What gives? Is it a specific problem with our systems, and if so, is there something we can do about it?

That mystifies me too. It has made the game unplayable for me but my assumption is most people who play the game casually don't proactively offer AI trade deals so don't notice it or get too bugged by it.

Here we are in September and the bug is still here.
Resource trading seems fine. But some AI are offering me their Great Works for free if I ask for them.

When can this be expected to be fixed? Incredible that a patch that's supposed to fix bugs introduces a massive bug like this......

At first I thought I can easily ignore this by not choosing to take their items that clearly shouldn't be involved in the deal, but I've realized that I have no way of knowing what amount of gold the AI should be including in a deal... Resources and great works and cities you can figure out relatively easily that what's a reasonable trade and not exploit this bug, but gold and gold per turn, I have much less idea when the AI should be accepting the deal and when I'm ripping them off big time.......

I entered Renaissance era researched Diplomatic Service and established an embassy.
Now they are demanding 108 gpt for a Great Work.

So one of the events fixed it:
- new era
- diplomatic service
- embassy
- changed relationship number
- doing a trade

Top Bottom