[1.0.0.262] Glitched Strategic Resources

hahadead7777

Chieftain
I will say I'm assuming this is the most recent version from the look of recent posts but incase I'm running the current Live version dec 27 2018.

Spoiler Quick Notes/Disclaimer :
Yes I have civilizations, city states, a unit, and resources modded into the game but I haven't experienced this with any other playthrough (on 3rd full length with current mods and a few vanilla). It started when I got Rise&Fall but I also started to play again when the launcher changed so not sure which is at fault. I am running a 13 or so year old potato of a laptop so I sometimes get bugs that you won't likely be able to replicate. Lastly I believe this bug is due to the game degrading over time

Simply I do not have the appropriate amount of Aluminum as the picture below shows
Spoiler Picture showing incorrect resources :

Up top I have 1 aluminum but in reports I have 3. 0 trades are currently active and all 3 mines are operational. Trades do not fix this when the bug occurs, some cities when captured provide working aluminum and it will randomly stop providing aluminum.

Spoiler True Cause? :
I believe this is caused by the game degrading as the game progresses. In Civ 5 I would have textures randomly appearing on the map and replacing icons including glitched/broken textures. This would eventually cause the game to slowdown and eventually freeze the game. Restarting the game temp fixed the issue.

The reason I mention this is because I only started to see anything similar to this in Civ 6 when I both obtained the Rise&Fall + all civ/scenario DLCs and the launcher changed. Now in the edge of the map I can see a random texture start to appear towards the information era sometimes, terrain will not load for a large portion of the map if I stay in regular view too long (carries over into strategic view), submarines sometimes are invisible which makes it immune to certain attacks, units will randomly go into a greyed out state unless you manually find+interact with them each turn until it stops, units vanish (had 10k+ gold each time), random total god mode citystate (0hp killed 100hp tank army 3 times after 2 thermonuclear devices were used), resources not correctly registering as available, random death noises, units randomly move (Sometimes not even to where the mouse currently is).

Restarting only fixed the terrain not loading. I will repeat this all started when I got the Rise&Fall+ all civ/scenario DLCs and the launcher changed. I currently have 763h logged on steam and did not experience a single one of the above listed bugs until my last 100h or so when my DLCs/launcher changed. The bugs tend to get worse when I go from 6 to 8 players

Well I will finally say I've been ecstatic that Civ 6 ran sooo much better than Civ 5 for me somehow and I completely understand that this laptop wasn't intended for gaming 13 or so years ago when it was made much less gaming now. I can provide whatever info is needed to help but I won't be suprised if these issues stay exclusive to me since my specs aren't usually supported anymore. Thx for your time

Top Bottom