Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue in the diplomacy screen. Every leader I find in my new game has the follow items (see snip) auto selected to be traded on both sides. There is no way to remove the items to choose my own. I am using the most recent VP v4.2.7, it's a new game, Continents, Poland, Large map.

View attachment 679893
It's a serious mod conflict probably. Try only VP first. Also, deleting cache folder (under ...\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5) is also advised before starting new games.

just uploaded a new build which includes the fix for the city governors. this should bridge the gap until the next release :)
Emperor - epic -pangea - Assyria
The AI expands decent (big improvement) but could expand more.
Tech is decent.
Wonders are reasonably difficult to get but some wonders (petra.is notable because desert req) get delayed.
I was surprised however that AI fell apart in the wars, showed up with some units that looked like a good mix but far from enough and then just crumbled, to be fair progress Siam did worse than authority Polynesia but even then there was surprisingly little uu spam.
Oh and I got a friend gift from Brazil of like 1700 flat gold, sure we are friends and he gets a lot from scouting but thats excessive, gold from tribute is also too high, probably 2-3x too high.

Emperor - epic -pangea - Assyria
The AI expands decent (big improvement) but could expand more.
Tech is decent.
Wonders are reasonably difficult to get but some wonders (petra.is notable because desert req) get delayed.
I was surprised however that AI fell apart in the wars, showed up with some units that looked like a good mix but far from enough and then just crumbled, to be fair progress Siam did worse than authority Polynesia but even then there was surprisingly little uu spam.
Oh and I got a friend gift from Brazil of like 1700 flat gold, sure we are friends and he gets a lot from scouting but thats excessive, gold from tribute is also too high, probably 2-3x too high.
So i played one game with this new dll. Still found ai expansion weak.

Playing immortal standard speed and size.

By turn 70 they got 2 or 3 cities. Ive got 6. Just becausw they arnt taking land that is obv theirs with their monoloply resource. They didnt even settle a nat wonder 10 tiles away from them.

Nobody is warring me so will continue playing to see how that goes.

By turn 80 songhai for some rwason has a 4th city that he settled on the opposite side of a differwnt ai super far away.

For those that are seeing AI expansion lacking, what settings are you running?

Such as:
Map style and size
Game difficulty and speed
Resource setting
Barbarian setting
Number of AI and/or team count
Civ names would be helpful too

I haven't played in a while (Work is killing playtime at this time of year) so would like to gauge differences as I have some free time to sink my teeth into playing VP again over the Christmas break.

For those that are seeing AI expansion lacking, what settings are you running?

Such as:
Map style and size
Game difficulty and speed
Resource setting
Barbarian setting
Number of AI and/or team count
Civ names would be helpful too

I haven't played in a while (Work is killing playtime at this time of year) so would like to gauge differences as I have some free time to sink my teeth into playing VP again over the Christmas break.
Immortal. Standard map size and settings. I play oval, pangea and continents.

Barbs on raging.

Standard player and city states.

All civs.

But new patch should be out soon.

No, it happens with chill barbarians too. It's beyond obvious they aren't expanding enough. War civs are the ones that get the most cities and lead because of War.

Wow, from someone that hasn't updated in years this mod has gotten near perfect. I haven't updated since before there was a spy overhaul so it's been awhile. You used to be able to really exploit selling the AI your horses. Somehow you fixed this and they won't over buy.

In fact there is too much to mention. But I'm constantly saying, wow they fixed that somehow. Thanks again for all you do! Still haven't bought civ6! Thought about it over the holidays but it doesn't have VP...

Wow, from someone that hasn't updated in years this mod has gotten near perfect. I haven't updated since before there was a spy overhaul so it's been awhile. You used to be able to really exploit selling the AI your horses. Somehow you fixed this and they won't over buy.

In fact there is too much to mention. But I'm constantly saying, wow they fixed that somehow. Thanks again for all you do! Still haven't bought civ6! Thought about it over the holidays but it doesn't have VP...
Yes, I've been lurking on Civ6 forums and it seems to be the game if you want to find out what tricks there are to break the game, its a different experience.
However fewer ppl probably wants a balanced game and we also see some of this here too when certain nerfs dont get through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom