[NFP] [1.0.12.9] Graphical Asset Limit Persists: Firaxis Please Fix!

I'm really sick of F'xis policy towards modding community.
F'xis has advertised CULTURAL DIVERSITY GRAPHIC REPRESENTATIONS of MANY UNITS as one of many attracting features for Civ6. Now they turned down such modding possibility and send a 'killing' crash (VIOLATION thing) to 'terminate' ambitious modding projects. which means reducing the community into Austerlity ways which sucks.

F'xis should do another FINAL patches for BOTH the game itself and Modbuddy (at least adding new graphical assets for three new units).

What would be the sense in promoting Carl from QA to development if only to close it all down immediately?

They're not shutting down Firaxis, or (that we know of) dis-continuing the Civ franchise, just this incarnation of the game (assuming they aren't going to come back and add more content a year or two from now).

Is there a way to contact Firaxis/2k directly and ask/beg them to fix this? I've heard it affects even people with no mods!

What is the best method to resolve this? Im sick of having to disable almost every mod to play the damn game. I still want maize and diplomatic center though? Anyone find a solution? I need jnr mods and city sprawl as well as unique units mod

Is there a way to contact Firaxis/2k directly and ask/beg them to fix this? I've heard it affects even people with no mods!
There is a large thread on Steam with people crashing even using vanilla. So far, I have not seen any official reaction on any media.

The expand asset limit bug can (at least partially) be solved without disabling any DLCs!

Just a tip by modder Zegangani that I found online and works for me! Check out his solution on Reddit (credits to Zegangani):

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/qr9akk/tip_to_expand_the_asset_limit_and_use_more_asset/

The main idea is that you can make the leaders static (pictures) through the game options and rename some folders that contain the 3d assets of leaders (so they are not loaded by the game), reducing the loaded number of assets by approximately 4GBs!

I tried this method and I can have both Warfare Expanded, all District expansion mods and more at the same game without the asset limit bug!

Top Bottom