[1.0.3.31] Faith purchase bug

hhhhhh

Prince
  • Type of Bug: In Game Bug

• New bug to this patch/expansion: Yes

• Game Type: Singleplayer

• Playing with DLCs: Yes, GS

• Playing with Mods: No

• Description: Had the "purchase civilian units with faith" Golden age perk, was working fine until update, now no available purchases. Reloaded earlier save files and the problem persisted so it wasn't some in game event.

• Video / Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/09N67qZ

• Reproduction rate: N/A, haven't run through another play through yet.

• Steps to reproduce: N/A

• Expected result: N/A

• Observed result: N/A

• System specs: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, MacOS Mojave, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
The above bug report is copied from Reddit r/civ. But can confirm this also fail for Valetta's suzerain bonus. (no more faith purchase of wall etc.) Can someone check Indonesia's faith navy purchase, the Governor's faith district purchase, and the GP building's faith land unit purchase?

I have the same problem. The monumentality golden age dedication was working fine before the update. Reloading old saves does not cure the problem.
Small addition: picking monumentality afresh (starting a new golden age) does not cure it either.

OUt of curiosity, how long did they take to fix the heist bug? I am playing a hotseat-pbem game with friends, and I planned to use monumentality heavily in just one turn. It would piss me off if they took one month to fix it...

OUt of curiosity, how long did they take to fix the heist bug? I am playing a hotseat-pbem game with friends, and I planned to use monumentality heavily in just one turn. It would piss me off if they took one month to fix it...

Given the seriousness of this bug I'd expect a hotfix. But I've never seen a hotfix by them. So maybe Aug. 23rd.

• Description: Had the "purchase civilian units with faith" Golden age perk, was working fine until update, now no available purchases. Reloaded earlier save files and the problem persisted so it wasn't some in game event.

• System specs: 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7, MacOS Mojave, Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
The above bug report is copied from Reddit r/civ. But can confirm this also fail for Valetta's suzerain bonus. (no more faith purchase of wall etc.) Can someone check Indonesia's faith navy purchase, the Governor's faith district purchase, and the GP building's faith land unit purchase?
Similar to the bug I just posted for the Grand Master's Chapel. No units appear in the faith menu to purchase.

2 months. It was introduced in the May Patch.

Have found the same bug in both a multiplayer by cloud game and a single player save. The 30% gold discount is still being applied but no faith purchases are available.

So Monumentality, Valetta and the Grandmaster Chapel are broken - what an irony that such a bug got introduced with a civ pack adding a civ like Ethiopia which is centered around alternative faith spending...well, I guess at least they can buy their archeology stuff.

So Monumentality, Valetta and the Grandmaster Chapel are broken - what an irony that such a bug got introduced with a civ pack adding a civ like Ethiopia which is centered around alternative faith spending...well, I guess at least they can buy their archeology stuff.

I bet Indonesia's faith navy purchase is also broken. Just wait for bug report to come in.

Playing vanilla Civ 6, was in the middle of a game using theocracy to faith-buy units. Update loaded and now it doesn't work.

And on a related note is appears the God King card is broken and no longer awards +1 faith. Haven't used Triangular Trade since the update, so not sure if this awards faith as it should.

I bet Indonesia's faith navy purchase is also broken. Just wait for bug report to come in.

I runned a quick test on this (fresh game, no modes activated, classical era start) - and it appears to work:
Spoiler :

GitarjaCanBuyShips.jpg

Mokshas district purchase ability seems fine as well (example from a reloaded save created pre-Ethiopia DLC):
Spoiler :

MokshaStillWorking.jpg

---

What is broken however is Mali's ability to purchase buildings in Sugubas with Faith (again tested with a reloaded old save):

Spoiler :

MansaMusasfaithPurchaseComHubBroken.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.3.31NoFaithPurCommHubMali.Civ6Save
    5.9 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Good grief. :crazyeye:

I was looking forward to starting a game with Ethiopia, but will probably hold off until this is fixed. No faith purchases is frankly a much bigger bug that the Great Work Heist.

Pray for a hotfix...

Strange, I'm playing a game as Khmer started after the Ethiopia DLC yesterday, and I have Valetta in the game, and can faith-buy buildings without any problems. :confused:

Experiencing the same problem which is annoying since I was trying to use monumentality in the Renaissance to rapidly expand. However I can use faith to buy Great People, Religous Buildings and Religous Units. Calls for a fundamental strategy shift until they fix this.

Has anyone reported this bug on a new game? If it only affects saves, I get how it's frustrating, but not sure it qualifies as a bug.

Indeed it appears (at least in the case of the Mali ability) to be thing of continuing an existing save - I did quick a test with fresh game and here you can faith-buy in the Suguba as usual (just grayed out here because of lacking the faith - but the option appears compared to my continued save, where the Bank is just not displayed as purchase option):

Spoiler :

MaliAbilityWorkingInNewGame.jpg

Top Bottom