(1-NS) Wolverine promotion for melee units

Status
Not open for further replies.

CppMaster

Deity
Some say that Medic promotion for melee units is a noob trap, because it makes them weaker, so it's never chosen.

Proposed change: Melee units have Wolverine promotion instead of Medic promotion. Each level gives +10 HP healed while healing the unit itself. It stacks with Medic promotion from a supporting unit. It'd make the unit strictly better without malus, so it may be a valid option for promoting a melee unit.

I'm open to changing numbers and name of the promotion.

Better to just remove the malus from the healing we have now.
Indeed, if a lot of players avoid the March promotion because it makes your units more vulnerable to the enemy it forces us to question how relevant this promotion is now. The extra healing doesn't always compensate for the extra damage the unit takes.

Last edited:
Better to just remove the malus from the healing we have now.
I agree just picking a promo that does NOT increase combat str is a net loss.
Also have a combat str drop on top of that feels a bit excessive.
Is answering here ok or does this need to be posted as a "counter proposal" ?

I agree just picking a promo that does NOT increase combat str is a net loss.
Also have a combat str drop on top of that feels a bit excessive.
Is answering here ok or does this need to be posted as a "counter proposal" ?
Both are ok. Counter proposal is still needed to make this change, though.

It does? It increases the healing of everything around it.

I like the medic promotion, but i definitely try to avoid having this unit at a front line for long. All you need is one medic unit which can help heal up to 6 other units (30HP total) more quickly. A combat penalty which is realistic helps keep a medic from being too OP. I never saw medics as being as effective at fighting as well trained combatants, but they are still capable of fighting if ordered to.

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship on October 19, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom