10 Crowns (now Old World)

epicivfreak

Prince
I just recently found out about the announcement of 10 Crowns way back at the beginning of this year. I'm so excited about the potential of this game that it might be the first game I buy on release day since Civilization 3!

Who's with me (stoked about this game announcement, that is)?

I'm really excited by the statement about "radical innovations to the genre" on their website primarily (something Firaxis seems incapable of doing), and secondarily by the fact that Soren Johnson (because Civ4 had the best AI of the Civilization series) & Dorian Newcomb (because Civ5 had the best graphics of the Civilization series) are leads on the project.

I want it NOW! :D

As much as excited I am about 10 Crowns just because of the devs involved and lack of any other game in this subgenre.
I am glad Firaxis didn't perform radical innovation of this genre with Civilization VI as Civilization VI is one of my most favourite Civilization game(along with 4).It has the potential to be my most favourite Civilization game after the next expansion.

And I disagree with both of your points.

1:- Civilization IV does have the most competent AI but that is because of the low amount of rules involve compared to Civilization 5 and 6.Despite Civilization 4 is also my favourite Civilization game.Civilization 4 is MUCH simpler game for the AI in comparison to Civilization 6 and even 5.

2:- Civilization 5 does have a different art style compared to VI.I much prefer the 6's art style.Now art style is subjective but Civilization V does not have better visual quality than Civilization 6.Civilization 6 has a lot better graphics.

Last edited:
It sounded like it could be an interesting game, but it's now been 10 months without any progress update whatsoever.

Currently filed under "Vapour-ware".

It sounded like it could be an interesting game, but it's now been 10 months without any progress update whatsoever.

Currently filed under "Vapour-ware".
It was announced in conceptual stage.So that is to be expected.However the men involved in the project can most probably pull it.

It was announced in conceptual stage.So that is to be expected.However the men involved in the project can most probably pull it.

Well nobody's asking to see any screenshots yet, but we're now in the age of Development Blogs etc so a little bit more information wouldn't go amiss. However all we've had from them is complete radio silence for nearly 11 months.

But maybe I'm being too impatient, obviously they're still in the "flirting elastic bands around the office in search of inspiration" phase.

Last edited:
Hi all, we are growing a small, private group of testers for 10 Crowns. If you'd like to join, please email testerapplications@mohawkgames.com

Let us know your name, your email, your ID on a Civ forum (like this one), and a short summary of your history with 4x/Civ-style games. Hope to see you soon!

Reactions: Rup
I'm in the beta for some time and we are allowed to talk about the game, but we can't share any screenshots or videos. Feel free to ask if you'd like to know any details.

It's great to see a historical 4x that's not going to try and cover all of human history but actually have some focus and hopefully really nail the feel of a paticular era. I'm interested how big resources role will be as opposed to just money as well as slavery and the dynasty element. (how far will it go? Will there be 'generic' characters if so how many unique characters will there be?)

I'm in the beta for some time and we are allowed to talk about the game, but we can't share any screenshots or videos. Feel free to ask if you'd like to know any details.

The two big features I've seen that are different from Civ are the limited orders-per-turn and the roleplaying character/event system. I am very excited about both of these features, but I am wondering if anything else stands out to you as a particularly cool innovation, even if something minor. Is victory determined differently from Civ? Are there factions that play very differently?

Obviously don't share any details you aren't allowed to. I've already pre-ordered the game off of those 2 announced features alone, but I am wondering what else will be fresh.

The two big features I've seen that are different from Civ are the limited orders-per-turn and the roleplaying character/event system. I am very excited about both of these features, but I am wondering if anything else stands out to you as a particularly cool innovation, even if something minor. Is victory determined differently from Civ? Are there factions that play very differently?

Obviously don't share any details you aren't allowed to. I've already pre-ordered the game off of those 2 announced features alone, but I am wondering what else will be fresh.

Both those mechanics have high impact in the game. Orders are limited per turn, their amount will increase with time, but even having large army you will be forces to use only part of it during war campaign becouse the shortage of orders. Orders are also used to develop cities by builders. In tall gameplay its fine, but for having wide empire you need more orders to develop cities and secure border so you will need to increase its numbers by influence.

There are 3 ways to vitory: total domination, score victory and possibly the most important to focus: receiving 10 ambitions. Ambitions are quests your king/queen want to achive in their lives and are determinate by their archetype and character. In some point in their life you will be able to select of one few, maybe later even more. After completing 10 quests you receive anough ambitions to win.

For the last question I already answered here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/soren-johnsons-old-world.657064/page-3#post-15733320

Top Bottom