1000 ways you know you've played Civ2 too much when...

5209-- You bring your explorer (child) to work, and while reading the forum posts, you send the explorer on a search for exploitable resources.

he brings back cheetos.

ceaserhall

yah, just a little late.

5210-- Your band does covers of the CivII songs

5211-- You're too busy to read all the posts that have accumulated on this thread over three years because you're cursing the babylonians for sneak attacking you and are planning to nuke their rears back to 40000 b.c.

5212. You spend all week with a large atlas in your backpack pulling it out in school and discussing with your bestfriend possible ways to take over the world with the Carthaginians.

5213. While you're doing the above, a teacher over hears you saying "..yeah we need to nuke London before we can get a strong hold of the Atlantic, and we should definitely plant a nuke in Washington" and she calls you after class to ask if you've been having problems at home with your family.

5214. Whenever you see the escalation of the row between George W. Bush and the Legislature in morning news and papers over Iraq War, you wonder if our Democracy will collapse soon and must wait for another 'Oedo turn' to get it back.

5215. Whenever you see Russia and China flirting with each other, also any one of them establish stronger ties with some 3rd world dictators (i.e., Sudan), you wonder ... 'Spies report: The Russians and the Chinese have signed the "Beijing Pact" to contain the American aggression!'

5216. Whenever you see wackos like Kim Jong-Il or Ahmadinejad toying with nuke tech, you write a letter to the White House, recommending that George W. build an army of spies, then send them out to their cities to sabotage nuke production.

5216. once a morning you wake up in your bed (after a looong nightplay) and your first thought is "oohhh, i have to build a road from my bed to WC for a faster move!..."

5218. You wonder why it takes your friend 3 days to get from Minnesota to Afghanistan, when alpine troops paradrop there instantly.

5219. You worry that the united states has reached its peak technology and the opponents are almost there as well.

5220. Mars.. pffft, we want Alpha Centauri!

5221. You've modded Test of Time to the extent that the code just cant handle it any more and pops up with a giant hand giving you the finger.

5222. It is 3am, you are dead tired, and instead of going to bed, you are posting about a game you havent played in about 10 years.

5224: As the American civ, you constantly stare into the map, looking for hordes of incoming Chinese spies who will most likely to sneak into your cities to steal techs.

5225: The Senate stabs you from behind to force you to stop running the current war. You become infuriated and think .... 'Screw you, Pelosi, Murtha, etc.! I'll just flip into the Kingdom menu and start a revolution. We don't need no wussies like the US Congress and Senate ...'

5226: The economy has been in the pits since ... only the devil knows! You wonder ... 'Why can't we build more caravans/freights and send them all over the world. The problem is that folks like you and I just don't have enough cash to do much of anything. After all, you can't even maintain city improvements without money.'

5227. You consistently load the World War scenario, choose the Germans, and press left-left-left-left-left for about 3 turns until you've captured the Eiffel tower. Then, you repeat just because the feeling of taking a city with absolutely not effort involved is so nice at the end of a long, hard day.

5228: When you try to recreate your favorite Test of Time mods for Civ 3.

5229: When you're playing Civ 3 and you have to think to remember that the red civ isn't the barbarians.

5230: You take it personally when other civs sign <cityname> pact to contain <yourcivname> aggression.

5231: You get really upset when your wi-fi goes away while you're on this site

5232: You start measuring time in turns

5233: You're up late posting in this thread

5234: You start to imagine that you really are <leadername> of the <civname>

5235: You do a presentation on Saudi Arabia for history class, and attempt to make a picture of the country using ToT desert terrain graphics (I actually tried this! Never got that part finished, though... :( )

5236: You get sad when you realize that you bumped another outdated thread and no one else will even see what you came up with, let alone post ideas of their own... :(

5236: If there is Civ 2 in hell but not in heaven, you'd rather go to hell.

5237: You always dress up as a Civ leader or unit for Halloween.

5237: You give your units names.

5238: You talk to them.

5239: They talk to you.

5240: You make up entire stories around them in your head.

5241: You try to flirt with the other leaders (which is, of course, impossible except maybe in a multiplayer game), because they're the only guys/girls you know.

5242: Your most meaningful relationships are with the AI leaders.

5243: You draw comics based on your games or on your favorite mods.

5244: You have trouble adjusting to Civ 3 after playing Civ 2 for so long.

5245: You've been in your pajamas for the last eight years.

5246: Your muscles have started to atrophy.

5247: You start a religion based on the idea that God's playing an eternal game of some super-advanced form of Civ, and we're the other players. But instead of God being one of the players, he/she/it's simply some unseen force that indirectly manipulates all the rules and whatnot... and maybe the Devil controls the Barbs.

5248: You name your children/pets after Civ leaders.

5249:You try to merge your brain with your computer so you can truly live in the game.

5250: You make two installs of Civ II; one for multiplayer and one for modding.

5251: When the server is down for an MMO you play, you feel inspired to make a map of that game's world, and end up getting so wrapped up in it that when it's server goes back up eight hours later you ignore it and keep going hand painting that map til like 4 in the morning.

5252: You are so overjoyed at the awesomeness of this map that you feel immediately compelled to join the CivFanatics forum and upload the map right away, then wait for like a week while it clears moderation. :cry:

5253: You choose a particular Civ that you try (often unsuccessfully) to groom to be your ally for the rest of the game, only to have them backstab you as soon as you run out of techs and start building a spaceship.

5254: You have nothing short of a CD's worth of Civ II modding material from the past decade and three computers scattered around your multiple hard drives. Reading about the crazy things people have done still make you feel that you have accomplished absolutely nothing.

5255: When you're driving anywhere and you see a tractor-trailer, all you can think about are all those Oil freights from GOTM 82 that you delivered for 1400-2000 gold each, and what a rush you got doing it.

You start playing a strategy war game like Age of Empires, and, while exploring the land and slowly developing your kingdom, you get promptly slaughtered by the first enemy that you try to converse with.

(It took me a while to get around that non-diplomacy part that I was so used to. Now, when I play Civ after AoE, I end up playing a much more brutal game. Has this happened with anyone else?)

oh yes it did, i got into aoe for a bit, but then civ III starting calling me, far better to feel it is

5212. You spend all week with a large atlas in your backpack pulling it out in school and discussing with your bestfriend possible ways to take over the world with the Carthaginians.

5213. While you're doing the above, a teacher over hears you saying "..yeah we need to nuke London before we can get a strong hold of the Atlantic, and we should definitely plant a nuke in Washington" and she calls you after class to ask if you've been having problems at home with your family.

5257: It takes you a full minute too realise why (s)he asks.

5258: The conversation goes some what like this...
Teacher: Have you been having problems with your family?
You: Umm... no? Why do you ask?
Teacher: You were talking about blowing up London and Washington.
You: Anyone who stands in the way of the mighty Carthaginians deserves to be annilihated!
Teacher: And you'll blow up the Statue of Liberty for good measure, huh?
You: Don't be ridiculous! I built it, you can't let the AI get their hands on some- oh.
Teacher: Oh?
You: I was talking about Civ 2...

5259) You've been away from Civ for two years, but still recognize all the acronyns (SSC, OCC, WLTxD, etc) and some of the immortal posters (Oedo, Sampson, etc) *

5260) You've spent the last week reading the previous 5258 reasons *

5261) You understand all the reasons *

5262) You reason that the <a href="http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=39736&page=56">
flirting</a> between PlutonianEmpire and Jadelicia was really just an attempt by PE to celebrate WLTPD in his empire :mischief:

5263) You don't understand all the ado about the world ending in 2012 because we know it ends in 2020

5264) ... Especially when the Spanish already conquered the Incas

5265) ... Unless they knew that the Swiss in their OCC game planned to land their space ship in 2012?

5266) ... Or maybe its a plot by the Spanish they made up about the Incas to cause unrest

5267) ... to cause many cities to go into disorder

5268) ... so that they may bribe them cheaply and steal a win before 2020?

5269) You've decided JOMT syndrome can be quite enjoyable, and don't understand why people get all concerned about you

5270) ... After all, anyone can get by on less than an hour of sleep when they really need to :mischief: *

Wow, haven't been to the boards in years and yet here this thread is still going...

Top Bottom