108 Aesthetics bug?

EsoEs

Warlord
So im in the middle of the Washington GoTM, around mid-renaissance I went for the Aesthetics policy (minimum 20 influence all cities and a 1 time +20 influence), I didn't track what happened to the influence of my CS allies, but all of the CS's I was neutral with when adopting the policy only went to 20 influence. I had expected it to be 40, since I would have a minimum of 20 +an additional 1 time boost of 20 but I never got that boost, at least with the CSs that were neutral to me. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding how the policy works?

52 views.. no comments? Has anyone else experienced this in 108 or can shed any light on this topic?

I haven't tested yet, but my guess is that the way the code is written is that you will get a +influence bonus for only those CSs with whom you have a positive benefit already.

Basically, the +20 is triggered first, then the minimum 20 (forever) is applied.

This seems reasonable to me.

*edit*
Also, please don't bump your own posts. Patience is a virtue.

I haven't tested yet, but my guess is that the way the code is written is that you will get a +influence bonus for only those CSs with whom you have a positive benefit already.

Basically, the +20 is triggered first, then the minimum 20 (forever) is applied.

This seems reasonable to me.

I that's the case, there is absolutely no additional effect for a neutral/angry CS (which presumably is why most would choose the policy) and minimal bump for a friend/ally. Not much of a buff - but then, I didn't see the need in the first place as you know.;)

Sorry for the delay, I had a busy weekend. :)

I'll do some testing to see if I can identify what's going on.

I assume that the +20 onetime influence triggers before the minimum amount is set. Whether or not that is intentional is another matter as Im not sure how you wanted this policy to be implemented.

Top Bottom