1625 BC - New Elucidia Deal (CDG)

Shall we commit to this plan of action?

• Yes

Votes: 13 86.7%
  • Yes (a modified version - details required)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FortyJ

Deity
The Mother of All Tech Trades

I visited CDG's chat room earlier tonight and negotiated a potential tech trade that could bring us tech parity and a long-term ally in the process.

If approved, we would conduct the following trades over the next several turns:
  1. We would switch our research immediately to Mysticism.
  2. Elucidia will trade Writing to us for Ceremonial Burial.
  3. Once we discover Mysticism, we begin researching Construction.
  4. We trade Mysticism to them for Mathematics.
  5. Upon discovery of Construction, we trade it to them for Map Making.
Using editor scores, we will be trading them 26 points of tech, and getting 28 points from them. The drawback, is that we will be late in discovering Map Making, Literature, etc. However, with Construction, we should be able to trade it for tech parity with either Poly or Gamecatcher.

I apologize for not being able to open this for detailed debate and/or discussion prior to putting it to a vote, but timing is critical as we don't want to waste more time researching a tech that we won't get first.

I like it!

Too bad we've wasted like 30-40 commerce on science already though.

We need to make a tech parity deal. This is the way to do it! Vote yes.

We did waste a couple of turns researching Math, but that will be evened out by the 2 point tech value difference.

We seem to be having a bit of a dilema here huh. If we waste one more turn researching the wrong thing I'm gonna be quite angry :mad:

How about we switch right now, and send the deal now, saying yes.

Isn't it funny how Elucidia always comes up with good deals, yet every CDG deal has been disadvantageous. A reflection on the teams? Methinks so.

I do not support this deal until I have more info. Do they already have Writing? How many turns before they reach Mathematics? If we are going to get math first, it is folly to change paths!

Yes, but it is also folly to stay on a tech when changing will gain us another two. This is a way of catching up.

We can almost figure out what they know in techs, anyway. They lack Cerimonial Burial, and Mysticism. Obviously they dont have Horseback yet, or they would trade it earlier. They lack contruction. We pretty much know what they have.

They have stated already that they will have Mathematics in 7 turns or less, and according to them, they already have Writing.

I am not eager to switch paths either, and if CDG is willing to trust us in a deal like this, we would be foolish not to take part in it and befriend them while bringing ourselves that much closer to tech parity with the rest of the world.

Uh.. you got some spellingerrors and missed words, but I understand we are behind everyone else, and that we still are?

I hope with this trade we can get equal in techs soon, and with Shen Ling as Settler factory we are on a rapid growth rate now :)

Received a PM from Micaelis Rex:

I am pleased to say that CDG accepts the offer you made us yesterday, May 19, 2003. Here is the treaty:

CDG and CFC hearby agree to the following trade:

1. CFC stops researching Mathematics and starts researching Mysticism.

2. CFC will trade CDG Mysticism and Ceremonial Burial in exchange for Writing and Mathematics as soon as each tech is owned by its respective team.

3. CFC will get Construction and CDG will get Map Making in a timely manner. As soon as we have them, the trade will be Construction to CDG for Map Making to CFC.

May a long and prosperous friendship always exist between CDG and CFC.

Signed by the CDG ambassador to CFC:
- Micaelis Rex
Dated 5/19/2003

Based on the results of this poll (12 Yes / 1 No ), I have informed Micaelis that the deal is on. Great job everyone on responding so quickly to this trade proposal.

I believe this treaty was a way to ensure they were able to be the only ones to get Math. Who knows, maybe they would have gotten it before us, maybe they wouldn't have, but I believe we would have caught up in the tech race had we reached Mathematics first, therefore, this trade saddens me. On a good note, yes this should help us catch up as well, but not as well as Math would have.

Another concern I have, is "will get Map Making in a timely manner". What does that mean? That they can research a tech before MM?

@GbM - How does researching Mysticism get us two techs? It gets us Mathematics, while CB gets us Writing. Mathematics would have landed us three trades. Now CDG is the one able to trade it to three nations.

EDIT: I abstain.

Well, we'll find out in about 6 turns if they're lying or not.

Keep in mind, that at best, we'd have gotten Math in 7 turns, and there's no way to know for sure if we could have even done that. This past turn, at 90% funding, we could have gotten Math in 8 turns. Next turn, Zhi Gang was going to grow, so there's a chance that we could have picked up an extra commerce from that new laborer. Also, upping the funding to 100% might have made the difference and allowed us to shorten the research time by one more turn (making it 7 turns overall).

According to Elucidia, they were going to get Math in 6 turns. If this is true, then we would have lost the ability to trade Math by one turn.

This deal, while a bit risky, could be the solution we're looking for. Construction is an extremely valuable tech, and the fact that the other nations seem to be evaluating techs by their cost factors means that we should be able to trade it around for just about every tech that our neighbors have.

Drat, I missed the closing tome of the vote.
I vote for yes. so that would put it to 14 votes

What if they receive a tech from someone else? Are there any clauses regarding that?

Top Bottom