1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

19th and 20th Century mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by NotSoGood, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Well, that's NotSoGood...

Spoiler :
    Bah dum-tish!

2. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Okay, I guess it's again time to post a little peek of what's being done in the mod development.
    This has been a big DLL version. I've added many minor and bigger comps and fixes. This has caused lots of testing and checking if everything works.
    :crazyeye: I have no idea when the next version will be released. The school will consume big part of my time but I'll try to do as much as possible. :D

3. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Okay, now I'm in the middle of updating the mod's graphics. I was examing my previous unique unit artstyles and began to think what should I do to them. So I desided to ask your opinion about it. Do you prefer a game without any unique unit artstyle, or should there be only few or mayby even all? Or should I make two version where the other has unique unit art style and the other doesn't?

4. veBear

veBear Slumerican Citizen

I shall finish your graphics that i promised (a long time ago :hammer2:) the coming weekend. Also, I think unique unitart is okay, as long as we only have some few, like in BTS which had one for Middle East (and Africa), Europe, Native America, Greco Roman and Asian.

5. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Are there any scenarios that use this mod?

6. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Well, IIRC veBear made an Earth map that comes with the mod. I'll try to release something in next few weeks and mayby add one or two scenarios, don't know yet how long it takes to finish the next version. I have been adding some new features but it's hard to stop when you get started. :D

EDIT: For the unit artstyletypes, I think it's best if I leave them out for the sake of time and players.

7. Trajan7

Trajan7 Imperator

Great, I can't wait! I hope one of them is a World War I scenario on a world map.

8. veBear

I'm afraid it will have to wait. I think bluemarble deleated the graphics i have already made, but I'll do it as soon as i have the time.

9. veBear

10. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

11. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Okay, I guess it's time for an update what's going on.
    This next version is taking little longer than I expected. I've been editing the TGA-files which takes long so I haven't had time to make those scenarios, sorry. :( Once I can get the religion icons work I'll run a test game to check that everything works and publish the next version. I'll start making the scenarios after that.
    I have no idea how long this will take, but my goal is to release something before July.

12. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Okay, during the test games I encountered a wierd CTD. I have no idea where it's coming, but I think I saw something similar in the better ai thread. Mayby they solved it. I need to look there...
    But the good news is that the religion icons work properly and look great (thanks veBear). I've been thinking and decided to take the anarchism out. Instead, I planned adding something that represents the emperors of the early 19th century. I don't think they would fit in the dictatorship nor the monarchy. But I don't know what to call it, autocracy or even mayby absolutism. Do you have any ideas?

13. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

I'd say Absolutism.

14. veBear

Absolutism

15. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

I quess that's it then. :D
    I managed to capture and fix both crashes (yes, I found another) and there doesn't seem to be any more CTDs. But after playing those test games, I have a feeling that the mod might be slightly out of balance. :sad: I don't why I think so, I think I have to test more. When the release is approaching I find more and more things I need to change. :)
    BTW, veBear do you possibly have some time to create a button for the absolutism? The ones you made were awesome.

16. veBear

I'm going on vacation and wont be back until 8th of july, so no button until then... but I can make it if you don't mind to wait for a short while :)

17. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

No need to hurry, take your time. ;)
    Is there people who are willing to help me test the mod and become "beta testers"? It would be awesome to hear other people opinions before the "official" release. Post here or PM me if you're interested.

18. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Ok, version 2.2 released. You can find more info about it by downloading and playing the mod! :p :lol: Or reading the OP.
    I missed my deadline with about 50 hours. :rolleyes:

19. wolfman1234

wolfman1234 King

Hi, have you any scenario in the mod, notsogood?

20. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Okay, now this has been asked so many times so I will do few scenarios to the next release. But I can't get acces to my computer for a few days so it'll take some time. They will come soon. ;)