2014 MLB Season

Derek Jeter says he's retiring after this season.

And immediately after the announcement, the rumors as to who the Yanks would get to replace him started:

1. Jose Reyes - get him to play second base, and move him to SS next year
2. Stephen Drew - get him to play third base, and move him to SS

Imagine what teams like the As or Rays could do with even half of the Yankees' budget?

Favorite comment from the Deadspin article so far:

In his honor, the Yankees will install a bronze statue of Jeter at the shortstop position in the Yankee Stadium (Mk. 2) infield for 2015.

Their infield defense will not suffer.

If that means Eduardo Nunez isn't playing Shortstop, that's actually probably an improvement.

Orioles got Cruz for 1 year/$8 million plus a few incentives. Seems like a good deal to me, and way less than anyone expected him to sign for.

I was watching at lunch. Jays took a 3-2 lead when Amonte started trying to pitch around the strike zone. :(

Are you thinking what I have been thinking in regards to the season :eek: ?

What have you been thinking?

Whatsup with the Phillies reporting those kids to the NCAA? They're also getting lampooned for that by the press. What's your guys' diagnosis on the organization, they seem to just not be in that great shape.

on the surface, the ncaa thing looks bad. but i bet there's more to it than what we all know atm. will it mitigate the damage ? i don't know. but i would like to know more.

while they're not going to blow the barn doors off anyone this year, i do think that the phillies will be better than what's being predicted. vegas has them at 78 wins over/under for the year. i'll take the over :) they're getting a lot of pieces back that weren't there last year. it's going to boil down to how well the BP does. as the BP goes, so goes any team.

oops :blush: 76.5 is the over/under they have for them. weak. they're better than that; probably not playoff worthy, mind you. but they're around .500 or better if all the chips fall the right way if is the magic word).

They got outscored by 139 runs last year, which projects to a 65-94 win-loss record, even if they had an actual win-loss record of 73-89.

How exactly are the Phillies 10 wins better than they were last year?

They got outscored by 139 runs last year, which projects to a 65-94 win-loss record, even if they had an actual win-loss record of 73-89.

How exactly are the Phillies 10 wins better than they were last year?

Fangrahps has them at 12+ projected WAR compared to last year or about 77 wins. Take that as you will.

Even if the 4th and 5th starter spots produce no WAR it will still be a huge improvement over the -1 and -3 of last year.

Top Bottom