20K Culture Calculator (in Excel)

bradleyfeanor said:
Anyway, these are all great wonders.
Great. Thanks Brad :goodjob: I'll try and get it updated and issue version 10 over the weekend. First I have to remember how it works :rolleyes:

Does Firaxis plan to get a Mac version out for the poor "less than 10%" in the world? ;)
I don't recall whether that's scheduled before or after hell freezes over, but I'm pretty sure they said it won't be released until the flying pig mod is completed ;)

For the crazy mac user :p ;) :mischief:

Also there was 1 wonder added in PTW. I have a screen shot but if I included it, the total file size would be a little over the 500KB limit, and I can only attach 5 files at once. :lol:

MarineCorps said:
For the crazy mac user :p ;) :mischief:
Does he mean me? :p My Mac isn't crazy !

Also there was 1 wonder added in PTW. I have a screen shot but if I included it, the total file size would be a little over the 500KB limit, and I can only attach 5 files at once. :lol:
Great! Thanks a lot. Do you mean the Internet in PtW? If so I already have that. Here's my current list:

Attachments

• Culture20kBldgs.jpg
    Culture20kBldgs.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 251
AlanH said:
Does he mean me? :p My Mac isn't crazy !

Yes you! :p :lol: Let me revise what I said: For the crazy user of macs. :p ;) :mischief:

AlanH said:
Great! Thanks a lot. Do you mean the Internet in PtW? If so I already have that. Here's my current list:

Yeah I figured you might already have that. Another reason I didn't post it. :)

AlanH said:
I don't recall whether that's scheduled before or after hell freezes over, but I'm pretty sure they said it won't be released until the flying pig mod is completed ;)
:rotfl:

Oh wow, that was a good laugh. I needed that.

MarineCorps said:
You forgot the Secret police HQ

That's true, there is a SPHQ, but I don't think it gives any culture.

In addition the four new wonders already described:

Great Wall has increased to cost of 300s (+100s), making it less useful for culture.

Shakespeare's has increased to cost of 450s (+50s). But I think is more desirable than ever for a culture game because it now allows its city to grow past size 12 without a hospital.

SPHQ - according to the Civilopedia it doesn't produce culture.

Of the new wonders it seems to me that:

Mausoleum of Mausollos is useful for a 20K city. Its culture/turn is a bit low, just 2 for a 200s wonder, but making 3 citizens content could be very helpful early in a 20k game.

Statue of Zeus is rather nice at its cost. 4 culture for 200s, that's as good an ROI as a university.

Knights Templar and Temple of Artemis don't seem like good deals for a 20k city. Especially messy would be building Temple of Artemis before a temple - then the temple built later on wouldn't double in culture as early as one would like.

It is going to be interesting to see how 20K culture games shape up in Conquests. Without leaders being able to rush wonders it will change the feel of this goal a lot I think.

I've updated the link in my post at the start of the thread to a version of my spreadsheet which includes the Conquests wonders. I left the shield costs at the old numbers for Great Wall and Shakespeare's, I hope it won't be a problem having them wrong a bit for Conquests.

That is good to know about the cost changes: I missed those. I completely agree on Zeus being a great culture wonder. I am trying for a HOF 20k culture win on Sid (your Going for Sid thread inspired me:)), and Zeus was a key part of the plan. The Mausoleum was also an outside possibility, but that was before a "killer AI" reared its ugly head.

Finally! A new version of my spreadsheet to support Conquests (C3C). It's attached to Post #6

To allow for the different costs of two of the C3C wonders I've put an extra version of each in the list.

Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions as I have no way to test it in anger. I'm not at all sure of the effect of the Great Wall in C3C, so I've left that blank in the cost/benefit reference page.

ainwood said:
C3C Great Wall costs 300, and generates 2 CPT.:)

Yes, SirPleb gave me that data, and that's what the spreadsheet uses to calculate a 20K date and shield cost.

What I don't know is what it does for you in C3C. The spreadsheet includes a word summary of the benefits of each wonder in addition to the culture per turn.

AlanH said:
Yes, SirPleb gave me that data, and that's what the spreadsheet uses to calculate a 20K date and shield cost.

What I don't know is what it does for you in C3C. The spreadsheet includes a word summary of the benefits of each wonder in addition to the culture per turn.
Ah - OK. It gives you walls in every city on the continent, and double combat strength vs barbs. Its militaristic & industrious, requires construction and expires with metallurgy.

bradleyfeanor said:
AFAIK, the only change is the new wonders. They include: Statue of Zeus, cost 200, 4cpt; Mausoleum of Mausollos, cost 200, 2cpt; Knights Templar, cost 300, 2cpt; Temple of Artemis, cost 500, 4cpt.

I think that is all of them. Thanks Alan! :)

Not to forget the bisection of culture during mobilisation and total loss of culture in facism if you added to many slaves :mischief: :crazyeye:

Yet I don't think too many people would need those features...

Great little tool. Now I need a Cotm with 3 month to submit that I can finally play a 20k-game... (not just plan it) :mad: :rolleyes:

Mobilisation's disection of cuilture per turn has always happened. It's not just a C3C thing. I think you're right that we should assume you won't go there duing a serious 100 K attempt. I didn't know about the slaves issue in C3C, but I don't think I'm going to modify the spreadsheet to cope with it ...

Top Bottom