2K Launcher has been removed from Civ 6 and will not be implemented for Civ 7

FXS_Sar

Firaxian
Hey all! I wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier today, the 2K launcher has been removed from Civ 6 on Steam, with plans to also remove it on Epic in the near future. I'm also confirming that Civ 7 will NOT utilize the 2K Launcher. Thanks for your patience and ongoing feedback!

plot twist: We get a Firaxis launcher.
Nah..... I'm counting on at least half of these:

- City screen returns, with clickable billboards advertising 2K games
- Individual leaders/civs become subscription services. Stop paying? Removed!
- Building a golf course in your entertainment district allows you to play a demo of PGA Tour 25 in game
- The intro will include Sean Bean playing the new Borderlands to stop him being killed
- UI panels will include advertising banners, and at the change of every era is a 30 second video ad. All removable by subscription
- On the Main Menu you'll need to watch a 15 second ad to activate the New Game and Load buttons each time you load

Note: severe sarcasm contained above. ;)

Hey all! I wanted to provide a quick update. Earlier today, the 2K launcher has been removed from Civ 6 on Steam, with plans to also remove it on Epic in the near future. I'm also confirming that Civ 7 will NOT utilize the 2K Launcher. Thanks for your patience and ongoing feedback!

Thank you. I just read the news on Steam, and it's great to see you listening to players.

Nah..... I'm counting on at least half of these:

- City screen returns, with clickable billboards advertising 2K games
- Individual leaders/civs become subscription services. Stop paying? Removed!
- Building a golf course in your entertainment district allows you to play a demo of PGA Tour 25 in game
- The intro will include Sean Bean playing the new Borderlands to stop him being killed
- UI panels will include advertising banners, and at the change of every era is a 30 second video ad. All removable by subscription
- On the Main Menu you'll need to watch a 15 second ad to activate the New Game and Load buttons each time you load

Note: severe sarcasm contained above. ;)
naah.

They'll just use an algorithm to keep swapping Play Now and Start New Game buttons everytime you boot the game up instead.

But on a serious note:

While I was completely indifferent to the launcher situaiton (though I understand the criticism and upset people had), I'm happy, it shows willingness to defy what most companies feel like they have no say in no, lack of a launcher is actually a good sign and gives me even better hope that Civ 7 will be REALLY good.

Less tedium to load into the game is a nice perk, for which i'm grateful ^_^

Hey, that would actually not be too bad :lol:.
There are several other games who contain older games as small gimmick, so this is not even out of question.

This was a good decision

Bad news - Civ 7 requires a 2K Account

If that means what I think it means it's so weak to say they are taking out the launcher and then implementing this requirement.

I'm not seeing that on the page, can you post a screenshot.

Added it to the thread.

Very good news! Thank you.

Bad news - Civ 7 requires a 2K Account
Not true. A 2K account is only required for "online interactions". It is not required for offline play. Read: you need it for MP, and possibly gameplay modes that involve communication with the home base (challenges?).

Top Bottom