3.0 discussion

thats right. there is a fully populated map too, but it is saved under workingsave.wbs or something.

And yes, i figured whatever i have there would probly crash too, hence why this is an alpha release (not beta testing yet :p)

but now that we all have access to the proto-mod, now i can start taking submissions!!!! YAY!!!! :)

I couldn't find it!

Thanks, but that still crashes, I think it's when you build the temples.

Also, why can't I create a war in diplomacy? I can adjust attitude, but for some reason, the "at war with" option never sticks when I exit.

those things arent finished in the xml. this is why i am releasing it to public, so we can start finishing it and get ready for a public beta announcement

What i want done:
99% Crash Free
100% 3d Artwork
90% Custom Interface
25% Buttons

then we can release the file to the general public through public threads and uploads, plus news releases and what not.

Then we do the public beta and make it balenced then release a final version.

Then maybe we can do expansions or a world map.

BTW, I just thought I'd mention that the Ideaology HQ buildings are too big. Also, I hope they aren't identical save for the logos in the final version.

BTW, I just thought I'd mention that the Ideaology HQ buildings are too big. Also, I hope they aren't identical save for the logos in the final version.

note to self, scale down the buildings fscale. no in a little bit here im gonna bust out the tablet and skinning of the Supports. what do you think would make the ideology buildings look better?

For starters, just variety. The old-guard and revolutionary ideaologies shouldn't look all alike, except with a Maple leaf instead of a dollar sign or a hammer and sickle instead of an A, which is the case now.

i took a look at the files. :) i see what you mean.

would you mind trying your hand at re-skinning the anarchist building? maybe just 'tag' grafitti the outside?

do you have a photoshop or GIMP 2.2??

One thing that I've been a little skeptical of since first playing this was the Russian support building, which has the same effect as Chichen Itza. It seems to me that giving a city defense against everything but gunpowder is not very useful when everyone has gunpowder. I'm not sure if tanks and seige weapons count as gunpowder-based units, though, so maybe if you also gave it a defense against aerial attacks, it would be worthwile.

thats a good point. i thought that the chichen itza went obsolete with gunpowder, but that its defence score still worked. i should find out about this.

btw: im thinking about telling wouter on modcast to edit a couple shows in the future so i can take the time to get this modding playable :)

I believe that it's actually Rifling that obsoletes Chichen Itza; however, any gunpowder-based unit is unaffected by fortifications. The question is simply whether "gunpowder-based" units means only those with the gunpowder combat type, or also units that require gunpowder, like Tanks and gunships.

When can we expect the next release?

i myself have been thinking about this alot lately. as you know i have been sidetracked from the mod with the ModCast, but i want to start working on it again soon.

To be done list:

Finish buildings and wonders graphics 50% done
Minor additions to units 90% done
Populate the map with units and buildings 5% done
A whole Crap Load of buttons (dreading this one) 3% done
Add independant artist soundtrack 1% done
Playtesting 0% done

on the side:
find a good sdk build or not. what do you guys think about this one?

okay i did some work today and finished up the art for the support wonders :)

we were discussing what the russian support does (or doesn't). if the defensive bonus won't help against units, what should the wonder do?

Can it make producing units quicker? You know, providing them with AK-100s and helicopters and so on.

Top Bottom