3.16 unit table

It's possible, there's formulas in place to do it pretty quickly and then play test it.

The bigger question is getting art and finding a tech to put it on.

The other problem is: we don't want warfare to be the same in every era, and we want to have some kind of historical feel. Artillery should be dominating the WW1 battlefield, until landships arrive.
Armored cars were never a major factor in combat or warfare, and for motorized and mechanized infantry we already have representations of that (3 move ww2 infantry, then the mech inf unit).

Much easier to merge both dragoon and lancer into the landship.

As another note, I would set the unit cost scale back to 1.8x from 2x as now, with the reasoning being that I'd propose reducing the early game production bonuses in liberty (no free wall+engineer slot+bonus production on the wall), with some milder early production bonuses in honor (on the barracks/for units), bonus production to buildings in liberty.

This would mean that most units would have costs (at standard speed) roughly 10x the unit strength or ranged strength, which is fairly easy to keep track of.

Proposed Exceptions to that rule
Spoiler :
Air units get a slight discount (15%) because the AI seems good at stacking them up in bulk,this helps them to do so
"Vanguard" (scout +spear/pike) get 25% discount to be good at meat shield/early era combat/counter
GG-MG-Bazooka - 20% (defensive meat shield, I believe this is higher and the unit strengths higher in current design, plus the arque upgrade path will be gone)
Warrior -15% discount (keeps them competitive with archers cost wise, provides a "rush" bonus to UU warrior leaders)
Skirmisher "line" - chariot-dragoon-gunship -15%
AA-SAM -25% discount (counter air units/gunships)
Missiles -40% discount (one shot)
Earliest ships still get 20% discount (but should have anti-city promotion removed)
Submarines -25% (destroyers do not)
MechInf-Tank -10% (later game, plus oil for tanks vs battleships)
Armor/Missile Cruiser/GDR/XCOM get 10% mostly because they're very late game units.
Scattered number of UUs are discounted from default unit strengths

In most cases these discounts are less than what is used in the current CEP design.

I will be trying to merge these various proposed changes, the economic changes, and most of the policy proposals from the policy threads into a mod that can be active by early next week and that hopefully expired/eric et al can tinker with as needed if I can't get everything in myself that is relatively straightforward.

I'll have a phase two set of changes based on feedback and on stuff I (probably) didn't get to in time (replacing liburna for Rome for example), or if there are bugs with some feature changes, and then it will be mostly waiting for the dll/UI mods to catch up.

Top Bottom