(3-NS) Some changes to autocracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralAmadeus

Chieftain
Proposal Details:
Military-Industrial Complex: ADD air units purchased get 66% XP (instead of 50%).
New World Order: ADD bonuses apply to arsenal. CHANGE 5:c5production: to 4:c5production: and 3:c5culture: to 2:c5culture:. (Also maybe consider switching the name with police state since this feels more like a police state thing that courthouses)
Lightning Warfare: Rename to Martial Spirit.
Martial Spirit: Rename to Blitzkrieg. REMOVE 25% CS to melee when attacking for 50 turns. ADD all units gain 5% CS And another 5% CS for each level 3 tenet you have unlocked. MOVE war weariness reduction to United Front. Also change Honor(Authority) 10% CS to 15% attack for melee.
United Front: 25% war weariness reduction moved here from Martial Spirit.

Reason:
Military-Industrial Complex: Purchasing units is really something you normally do if you have to much money or are desperate. This makes it a bit more reasonable to buy an army since with Elite Army you are halfway to the next promotion.
New World Order: Police stations are basically on the other side of the tech tree for you most of the time. Autocracy players want better military and that is mostly at the bottom. The only military unit in the game that needs electricity (the tech with police stations) is the giant death robot. Honestly at the point an autocracy player gets them police stations are something you may never even bother to build. If they get them.
Lightning Warfare: Just a name change. I feel that in this version they work better like that.
Martial Spirit: So my logic behind this is since the other 2 ideologies have about the same or better production capability as as autocracy (depending on certain factors) autocracy should have a better military. That is the point of it after all. Currently the best way to play with it is to get Air Supremacy and then start taking policies from the authority tree. Right now this tree has a massive focus on melee units while most of the army is ranged or aircraft. A melee attack focus feels more like it should be in honor than here. It does just not sit right with me that a policy tree i can unlock in the ancient era buffs my tanks, ships and planes. But nothing in the Ideologies buffs planes and ranged units. Why and how does honor make my artillery, fighters, battleships, helicopters and missile artillery stronger, but nothing i can do in any ideology can make them better.

Last edited:
I actually like the odd number of 50% for the XP, and I am depending on it for the combination with the newly implemented Warrior Monks (+30% XP to melee units). That belief was designed for the combo with Lightning Warfare that allows their two odd XP amounts to combine to 80%.

It certainly does seem off that 'Blitz' in civ 5 lingo is a term than relates to melee units when blitzkrieg tactics relied heavily on combined arms with air support, and the Battle of Britain -- which was almost entirely fought in the air -- is often simply referred to as 'the blitz'. I made peace with these little flubs a long time ago and haven't thought much of them.

Freedom has an extra bonus for air unit production. Both Freedom and Autocracy have unique air units. Imperialism has some bonuses for air units as well.

I actually like the odd number of 50% for the XP, and I am depending on it for the combination with the newly implemented Warrior Monks (+30% XP to melee units). That belief was designed for the combo with Lightning Warfare that allows their two odd XP amounts to combine to 80%.

It certainly does seem off that 'Blitz' in civ 5 lingo is a term than relates to melee units when blitzkrieg tactics relied heavily on combined arms with air support, and the Battle of Britain -- which was almost entirely fought in the air -- is often simply referred to as 'the blitz'. I made peace with these little flubs a long time ago and haven't thought much of them.

Freedom has an extra bonus for air unit production. Both Freedom and Autocracy have unique air units. Imperialism has some bonuses for air units as well.
Yes both Freedom and Autocracy have bonuses to air unit production. That is not a boost to the units themselves. The point i was trying to make was that the units themselves should be better than the other 2 ideologies. Imperialism does not give a bonus to air units but to cities with air units. The only bonuses to air units are the pentagon wonder and Their Finest Hour. And even those do not make air units stronger just increase city cap. Also Blitzkrieg is one of the most recognizable german words in the english speaking world. How did that not get used for something and lebensraum did.

Also Blitzkrieg is one of the most recognizable german words in the english speaking world. How did that not get used for something and lebensraum did.

Blitz is the name of the melee promotion that lets you attack twice in a turn.

I actually had my eye on adding a bonus to air units on imperialism. I'm really not a fan of the finisher, and the % needs reduction which is still on that policy. I think a straight +20% attack on air units to mirror the +20% defense the tree gives to boats would be good to replace that % needs and City Strength per stacked air unit in a city.

I'm pretty sure they use "lightning warfare" to get around the fact there is also a melee promotion already called blitz. I don't think that should change, because it seems like a rather intentional decision to avoid confusion.

I'm pretty sure they use "lightning warfare" to get around the fact there is also a melee promotion already called blitz. I don't think that should change, because it seems like a rather intentional decision to avoid confusion.
They shouldn't cause much confusin since they are clearly different names and one is a promotion while the other is a policy. Anyway perhaps there is a need for a slight overhaul of some policy trees. I saw you sugest a some changes to Rationalism, some other thread dealt with Authority, and I feel like Fealty and Imperial could use a tweak or two.

There's a promotion called Commerce Raiders and a tenet of the same name that gives a promotion that's NOT Commerce Raiders. And yes, that's confusing.

Changed Military-Industrial Complex to better fit with pineappledan's Warrior Monks belief.
Martial Spirit was changed to scale with level 3 tenets and moved war weariness reduction to united front.
New World Order bonus moved from military base to arsenal.

Last edited:
Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom