3 Stories questions

zeemeerman2

Chieftain
Not looked at the code, but is it possible to have some stories having a story requirement, i.e. a story branch?
Like a story of captured barbarians for gold, worker or military;
If you choose worker, story A enters the pool of available stories for as long as the unit isn't killed.
If you choose military, story B enters the pool of available stories for as long as both units aren't killed.

And is it possible for a policy tree (Piety perhaps?) to change story things (cost, reward, pool, rate of stories acquired)?

Lastly, is it possible to add Stories as a Great Person modifier (Bard?); i.e. as a counter to see when you could get your next story?

Story A:
The captured barbarian slaves want to become full citizens of your kingdom.
Option 1: Get them full citizenship. (-200 :c5gold: Gold, +200 :c5culture: Culture)
Option 2: Auction them in slave trade (+50 to +1500 :c5gold: Gold, -Lose unit)
Option 3: Ignore their nonsense and push them to work harder (+50% Resource improvement speed for 5 turns)

Story B:
The captured barbarians want to tell people of advanced military compared to their previous lives.
Option 1: Send them to other civilizations (+Causes diplomatic fear, -Lose 2 units)
Option 2: Learn tactics from them (+5% permanent bonus to Barbarians for all units, -400 :c5gold: Gold)
Option 3: Let them prove it (+15 exp. for both units)

If possible this sound like a great idea :)
I want more stories, events, quests and tasks :D

I've been wanting to do things like this for years, but other things keep coming up as more critical priorities. It's one of those big wishlist items for me like a custom map. I eventually find the right time and motivation, and pour all my energy into it for a few weeks, producing things like the Communitas Map.

I'd love to see timed stories, stories with a quest to achieve, and the ideas you pointed out here. I'd also love a small "The story so far..." box summarizing important events in our nation's history, including these Story turning points. I feel Civ games would be better with a more immersive narrative of our empire's progress.

Is there an issue with savegames? I know many Civ4 mods struggled with huge problems adding multi-stage events, in part because games saved and loaded in the middle of the process didn't properly store the variables needed for tracking progress.

There's a table we can pass data through for loading/saving games in Civ 5. It's easy to use and several tasks in the project use it already. It's just a matter of creating a new "timer" tool using that stuff. It's another of my long-term wishlist things since it's not critical at the moment.

Top Bottom