1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] 30-Day Patch for GS?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by greenblade, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

Well, the builder lag was finally reported yesterday. I hope that didn't delay things.

That is the spirit!

2. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

They were probably aware of it before GS release.

3. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I heard 1:30.

This time for sure!

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I wouldn't be heartbroken if they held off until Tuesday. I'm playing a Hungary game that will be quite memorable. 44 Favor/turn in the Industrial Era, lol.

RohirrimElf and Phoenix1595 like this.
  5. Ondolindë

Ondolindë Emperor

That would definitely suck, but I guess releasing GS on time was more important.

@pokiehl, I'm going to use this chance to thank you for your mods. Truly enjoy them and so glad you love making them. Looking forward to the one you mentioned in the ModCast.

Sounds fun. I have three in the works, but even if they released it Tuesday, I wouldn't be able to finish them. Well, maybe one.

6. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

I am slightly happy about the no update drop today too. I finally have a day off and want to get through my war with Chandra as Egypt. Maryannus are expensive, but it is so glorious to rip cities to shreds with two or three of them. Don’t worry, he deserved it.

7. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I think the change in the Knight game has really made the chariot archers shine. I vastly overlooked them before (though maybe that's beacuse the exp has made Egypt more fun in general).

8. Takfloyd

Takfloyd Prince

Wait, do patches wreck your saves? You are allowed to hold off on updating in that case, right? Including for multiplayer games?

9. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

They might or might not. After the expansion patch, everything in my old game took 999 turns to build.

10. Phoenix1595

Phoenix1595 Lord of the Two Lands

They are also obscenely expensive for an early game unit, so I can see players avoiding them. I have to make time to fit them into a game, and ensure I have a military slot available for Maneuvers to boot.

11. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Usually saves are fine if you're not using any mods. With mods, all bets are off.

CPWimmer likes this.
  12. CPWimmer

CPWimmer King

The best way to hold off on getting the patch is to be in offline mode on Steam. Anything else, and you will likely get the update downloaded automatically.

It depends on if there are heavy balance changes in this patch. It's possible that a nerf to a Civ you are currently playing as could have a pretty big impact on a game in progress.

And yes, pretty much every patch they release breaks a lot of Mods. However, it's sometimes for only a day or two, given how awesome our Modding community is!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2019
    King Rad and WillowBrook like this.
  13. pokiehl

pokiehl Emperor

Thank you so much for the kind words!

I wouldn't say that. The interim ones like this one will presumably be - primarily bug-fixes/balancing and not content overhauls - don't really break much. I'm not worried about it doing much of anything to most of my mods.

14. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

I'm staying in offline mode as long as my current game isn't done just to not get bad surprise. Never have steam on autostart in the first place. But I'm waiting for the patch and see it's impact nevertheless... ;)

15. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

Was getting my hopes up for today, but I guess it will be another week. Thanks to Eagle and Willow for keeping up with everything!

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  16. Eagle Pursuit

Whelp. They just announced a livestream to go over the patch.

17. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

If it is a one hour lifestream there should be plenty of good stuff in it. I hope it is not mainly balancing/changing some numbers.
    I do remember one civ6 patch announcement in the past when it took many weeks till it finally came out.
    Dont put your hopes up to high for a tuesday/thursday launch next week. Firaxis can be a real partypooper.

Jewelrunna likes this.
  18. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

So this is more like a 45 day patch, now?

19. Eagle Pursuit

If you measure from Feb 14th, yes. If you measure from the first QA update, it's currently at 36 or so.