1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

3D Art Assets in Civilization 6: A Modding Guide

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Deliverator, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

First, I'd recommend using CivNexus6 to create a .cn6 file rather than .nb2. This is now the default. Then use the .cn6 import add on (
    io_import_cn6.py)
    for Blender 2.7+. The .nb2 format is the older Civ 5 format and is not as good in a few ways.

Second, it looks like you are using the wrong script. You are using the older Blender 2.49 version of the .nb2 script with Blender 2.7+. You should be using the Blender 2.7 add on (
    io_import_nb2.py)
    with Blender 2.7+ if you want to use the .nb2 format.

2. Windflier

Windflier Chieftain

Help, I try to make a new history moment image in the game, I write all the .tex,.xlp,Mod.Art correct, but my project doesn't build any .dep file
    01.png 02.png 03.png

3. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Ryu Tora

Hey Deliverator, i tried to make my very first Animation...and have Problems to Export the finished Animation without the armature ? or isnt that possible ? no idea what to do here.
    when i Import the Animation into civnexus6, then i have the Animation but also the armature, which seems to be wrong. civnexus6 create a .geo file instead of a .anm file, which seems also to be wrong
    How can i Export the Animation without the armature to fbx ? also, to create the Animation, i used blender 2.49, but is it also possible to Export a Animation via Blender 2.7 ?

4. FurionHuang

FurionHuang Chieftain

Hey lasttry, it’s a little tricky. After you imported FBX into Nexus, you need to “save animation” first, open your saved fgx file (not generate anm file directly) and you will find only the animation was extracted. Then you may generate the anm file.

Deliverator likes this.
  5. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

@lasttry I always use Blender 2.49 for animation work. It’s the only version with the working .na2 script if you want to edit existing animations. I will then use Nexus Buddy 2 to convert .fbx to .gr2 animation and CivNexus6 to convert .gr2 to .fgx.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  6. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Ryu Tora

thanks FurionHuang and Deliverator !

7. ShiroToraRyu

ShiroToraRyu Ryu Tora

EDIT : Fixed. it was an Error in the Code of the Asset File.

running into a Problem, when i try to make a new custom Building, Asset Editor wont load the my asset. the following error message showing up :

Spoiler :

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at AssetEditor.ModelInstanceAdapter.OnParentNodeSet()
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNodeAdapter.ParentNodeSetInternal()
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNode.SetParent(DomNode parent, ChildInfo childInfo)
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNode.NodeList.ChildList.InsertItem(Int32 index, DomNode item)
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNode.NodeList.Insert(Int32 index, DomNode item)
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNode.NodeList.Add(DomNode item)
    at Sce.Atf.Dom.DomNodeListAdapter`1.Add(T item)
    at AssetEditor.GeometrySetAdapter.Update()
    at AssetEditor.AssetAdapter.AssignPropertiesFromEntity()
    at AssetEditor.InstanceEntityAdapter.Update()
    at AssetEditor.BaseEntityEditor.InitializeAdapter(DomNode node, IInstanceEntity entity)
    at AssetEditor.BaseEntityEditor.Open(Uri uri)
    at Firaxis.ATF.AssetBrowserFileCommands.DoOpen(IDocumentClient client, Uri uri)
    at Firaxis.ATF.AssetBrowserFileCommands.FindOrOpenExistingDocument(IDocumentClient chosenClient, Uri docUri)
    at Firaxis.ATF.AssetBrowserFileCommands.OpenExistingDocument(IEnumerable`1 clients, Uri uri)
    at Firaxis.ATF.AssetBrowserFileCommands.DoCommand(Object commandTag)
    at Sce.Atf.Applications.CommandService.item_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at AssetEditor.Program.Main(String[] args)

got no idea whats wrong.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018