3UC/4UC for VP: Project Coordination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, the Sweden of Civ V kind of is the Sweden that also had Finland - roughly quarter of the cities Sweden founds in-game are in fact Finnish cities, so... technically speaking they'd sort of have both around...?

It would be quite funny to have both new Swedish UCs be about Finland (like both new French UCs are about post-revolution France). :crazyeye:
I think that, since we want the new UCs to have English/famous nouns, the Sauna would be better (maybe the Bastu for the future mod with the non-English versions of the nouns, to reach some form of equality on that matter :lol:).

I reworked Oppidum:
  • now all (even enemy's) cities within 2 tiles from Oppidum get +20 HP
  • They lost bonus if:
    • Oppidum is destroyed
    • Oppidum is pillaged
  • Major bug (but minor after some thoughts): if you have Pillaged Oppidum (so city lost bonus from it) and decide to destroy it, that city will lost bonus second time. It's because function tracking bPillage value which means that Improvement is pillaged or not, track only NewImprovement not Old. So if we destroy pillaged Oppidum (old) and build farm instead (new) it's obviuos that farm is not pillaged. I don't have idea how to rework it. BUT, if you analize it, AI will not build anything over Oppidum (it improves strategic resources, and is better than anything) and human shouldn't do it either if they know about it.
I added restriction for all popups and few other notifications to other (Scythed Chariot, Latifundium).

These are major 2 things I added. And it would be nice if you test it first before all other stuff.
Rest you will find in changelog.
Tell or rimind me if I forgot to put something (France?, Sweden?) you mentioned during 2 last days. I was busy with Github stuff and might not notice that.

I will post latest beta v22.2 in "Beta branch" on github for everyone eager to test it out. I will be happy if this is playable stuff after download.

Last edited:
If I remember well, pineappledan said that the Sauna/Bastu needs to be nerfed a bit (since the University is less powerful now, the Sauna outshines it in terms of yield per citizen born, which isn't the goal of the building), I'll search for that in the previous pages.

Edit : Found it :
"For example - With the new changes to university and de-emphasizing buildings, Bastu is too strong. Should be 10% culture now, and 15% science/culture on births. The University got taken down to 25% on science only and Culture on Opera houses got reduced too. Bastu stands out head and shoulders vs. more focused buildings. Maybe % food should be reduced too, i'm not sure"

For the Grande Ecole, we didn't reach a consensus on the matter, but I think that the building needs to be nerfed a bit, since it provides as much production per citzen as the Steam mill, which is a unique production building of the same tech tier... (but hey, the Skola hasn't been nerfed by Gazebo while the Public School has been, so...:crazyeye:) : I suggested 2 Production and 2 Science per 5 Citizens (so +40 % Pr/Sc per citizen).

Did you catch the things that need updates wrt the latest patch?
Mughal Fort, kibitum, Goedendag, khopesh need to be made current
Elephant camp, I think it should just be 1 culture on lumber mill/logging camp now. 4 yields on forest from 1 building is waayyy too much.
Maybe look at Grande ecole since the scaling on pub school and the scaling on factory got nerfed and just... I dunno do what you feel like, man:cowboy:
Bastu/sauna needs a nerf, because it’s got the single best culture modifier in the game now, AND it has a good scaler AND it was meant to give a little less than University in both science and culture, but then university got nerfed so it needs to go down too

• Yeah, you can see that in Github changelog. I changed Qila and reduced Goedendag to defaul value so all stuff will be ok after update comes up.
  • If you can just put some modified description from my post with necessary changes for Bastu or Grande Ecole, or other stuff. With all that code over my head I cannot keep up with your ideas :p.

I’m 2/3 through! I’ve made the requisite changes to bastu in the text, but haven’t seen the changes to GE. I’ll work on it more tonight

Should I upload the .sql for the unfinished civs when I submit my pull request?

Last edited:
What do you mean by unfinished civs?

Huns, Inca, Korea, etc. I have done art assetsnand sql for everything, they need lua and testing

Upload. Then we will see what you have.

• There's quite mess in that folders.
  • Some art is mixed with unnecessary other part of some civilization (unit we want + logo + leader picture + other ucs)
  • It would be good if you put 3D model in separate folder.

Ok, so I prefer putting things one by one to make sure everything is ok. I always read all code I get from you or other man and check line by line. Putting this at once on github will be suicide, especially when none of this civs is complete (you said they need lua). So there are 2 options:
  • I will continue incorporating Blue Ghost ready civs into my part and he will try to clean that mess + finish what is missing or
  • I will take some stuff and he will take the rest. This means that merging needs to wait.
Continue your work on texts. Tell me if you want to finish it first and then we will check if we can merge or you want to try to merge those 2/3 you have for now.
Did you revert those changes to promotion descriptions you did by mistake?

I have reverted the promotion changes I made already

I didn’t see much point in adding polish until someone was concerned with adding the files into a .modinfo file and running it. it was not my original intent to complete any civs; only to provide resources for others to do so

I’ll submit the pull request late tonight I think, for the full text file. No point in making a pull request part way

Merging can wait until BG is ready. He is working on Germany, and he has japan and Inca on reserve right now so it would be better for him to wait.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm really curious how it perform. I made one small tweak update and pushed 1 beta commit after you forked the project.

Pull merge request when you finish the job on texts. Samll steps.

Last edited:
Never used github before. Is it possible to merge only specific files, and not the whole thing?

I think that if you changed one file then only this one will be taken into acount when merging. When I enter your forked work I can see only info about 1 file, added lines and deleted lines.

That's what I want to check first. I saw how complicated graphs Gazebo has on VP. This cannot be done with whole files merged. I suppose.

Now that we have a github repo (thanks @Infixo !) I’ll merge everything I have so far into it. No point in keeping things separate when we have version control.

Did someone test new Oppidum and popups?

@adan_eslavo, can you add me as a collaborator on the project so I can publish my branch and send a pull request?

Merging all of my files will be a major commit, and our organization styles are a little bit different. I don't know if you want to merge them as is, or if we should work on getting our files to match up. I can verify that the merged mod on my branch is working.

Silly question: How can I do that? You probably need to fork my project first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom