3UC/4UC for VP: Project Coordination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know how can I now after merging update/sync/whatever my Beta branch to be not XX comits behind the master?

v23 ready? Check it to be sure. :p

@Blue Ghost I have bad information for you:
Database.log of v23:
Code:
[53469.607] no such column: Building_ClassType
[53469.701] near "(": syntax error
[53469.826] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[53469.826] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[53469.826] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_UNIT_ASSYRIAN_IRON_CHARIOT, Iron Chariot, ).
[53469.826] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Assyria/Iron Chariot/Iron Chariot Text.xml.
My database.log was clear before merging beta branch so it must come from you.
I think the next step for you is merging all text files into NewText.xml. I will be doing balance, fixes and code cleanups. Anyone volounteer to merge art assets?

Last edited:
Do you know how can I now after merging update/sync/whatever my Beta branch to be not XX comits behind the master?
You can pull commits from master into your branch. Pulling works in both directions, also across forks. When creating a pull request, you need to change branches/forks to "compare".

Played with England. It was great executing all those enemy spies :D
Bugs:
Theming on white tower is still for artifacts
When themed it shows up TXT_KEY_BUILDING_ENGLAND_WHITE_TOWER_NATIONAL
The theming bonuses requirement tooltip isn't clear and has typos in it also.

Never used github before. Is it possible to merge only specific files, and not the whole thing?
The only real problem you may encounter is when 2 people will modify the same line in the file. Then you will need to manually decide which version is the right one.
Also, the Git allows to pull individual commits selectively but this is not available in Web (nor in Desktop). However, in Desktop you can easily decide which files you want to commit (there are checkboxes). But these are always whole files.

@Infixo So I need to merge them again but in other direction?

@Blue Ghost I have bad information for you:
Database.log of v23:
Code:
[53469.607] no such column: Building_ClassType
[53469.701] near "(": syntax error
[53469.826] columns Language, Tag are not unique
[53469.826] While executing - 'insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') values (?, ?);'
[53469.826] In XMLSerializer while inserting row into table insert into Language_en_US('Tag', 'Text') with  values (TXT_KEY_UNIT_ASSYRIAN_IRON_CHARIOT, Iron Chariot, ).
[53469.826] In XMLSerializer while updating table Language_en_US from file Assyria/Iron Chariot/Iron Chariot Text.xml.
My database.log was clear before merging beta branch so it must come from you.
I think the next step for you is merging all text files into NewText.xml. I will be doing balance, fixes and code cleanups. Anyone volounteer to merge art assets?
Strange. I'll see about fixing those.
I see that NewText.xml is arranged roughly in alphabetical order by the UC name? Do you want to keep it that way?

Text is now up to date, corrected, and I have filled all the blanks. I have submitted a pull request

EDIT: New Art Assets online (see Attached)
  • Deleted extra unused icons from .dds files and updated portrait indexes accordingly.
  • re-organized folders. put unit models into sub-directories, and put UCs from the same civilization into a single folder
Anyone volounteer to merge art assets?
Dibs Out

Attachments

• 4UCArtAssets.v.1.5.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Strange. I'll see about fixing those.
I see that NewText.xml is arranged roughly in alphabetical order by the UC name? Do you want to keep it that way?
I thought I can push small update today with fixes so I could handle that. I need to fix England anyways.

This file is so big so I always look for smth with ctrl + f. But If you want to reorganize it to different order then feel free (but wait for merge from dan.

@pineappledan I added few comments to your request. Read them please before we merge something.

Last edited:
I found all your bugs @Blue Ghost. Pushing update to Github.

• What about iron chariot's art? I can see you put art in your assets pack from vanilla game.
  • We need new flag for Hashemite (now is the same as Berber). I will take one from Maara Weyn.
  • !!!There's no strategic flag for monitor. No info about in tables. Do you know if it was in Civil War Scenario?
I run game and found this in lua.log:
Code:
[16377.094] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:101>
[16377.094] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:32>
[16377.187] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:80>
[16377.218] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:80>
[16377.218] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[16377.250] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:101>
[16377.250] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:32>
[16377.546] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16377.577] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16377.577] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16377.858] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16377.889] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16377.889] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16378.139] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16378.170] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16378.170] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16378.435] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:88: attempt to call global 'PlotRingIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16378.451] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16381.493] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:10: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:10: in function <[string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:3>
[16381.493] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:111: attempt to call global 'PlotAreaSweepIterator' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
[16381.493] Runtime Error: [string "C:\Users\Adam\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's ..."]:34: attempt to call global 'load' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
  • there's something wrong with plot iterator, I think you could simplify code by throwing it completely and taking code from my Goedendag, Latifundium or Nilometer luas. They don't need other code than their own.
  • load and save function also doesn't work. Maybe use mine modbasedata (Latifundium, Holkan) instead. Throw away save utils. I couldn't make it work either so I resigned from using it.
  • better do monitor bonus on move, create and build (like goedendag), instead of beginning of the turn. There can be situation when Monitr sunk and city still have bonus.
Pushed 23.2 on github.

Last edited:
I saw the changes requested, and I can make them. Is it possible to simply make the changes yourself? Would have been easier I think.

I made a Hashemite unit and sv icon, do NOT use the maara weyn one. It’s in this thread somewhere.

BG asked me to make those icons; they never actually got included? :undecide:

I recommended unit graphic changes for Hashemite and iron chariot. Chariot

Last edited:
Not to interrupt your merge discussions, but on the topic of the mod itself, haven you gotten around to implementing gamespeed scaling for instant yields and XP?

I definitely had the graphics for the Hashemite and Iron Chariot before. Maybe they somehow got lost in the shuffle? I’ll check later today.

• I will put them during checking. For now I did Arabia and America + all fixes needed (except lua). Do you want me to check lua too?
  • @Ziad Yes I put scaling for all stuff needed. Soo I will post some version on civnatics to download. Soon.
  • Lamassu Gate picture looks odd for me.
@pineappledan
  • Can you post those flags for Hashemite again? They are not included in 1.4 nor 1.5. I found them on page 69, so NVM.
  • What about flax icons rework?
  • Ok, I will put those text changes in next push.
  • I sent you invitation on github to be one of the colaborators. Accept it if you want.
  • If you wrote 10-turn WLTKD shouldn't be mentioned that it is scaled? Or maybe say only Start WLTKD without number? You need to recheck all such stuff.
@Blue Ghost
  • Wait for your txt rework or post such version on civfanatics? How much do you have left?

That's why I prefer taking things slowly. But Github seems to be amazing tool. I didn't expect that.

Last edited:
If you continue like this, I'll find no bug when the new version is out ! :)
More seriously, I think I'll take a paper, a pen, and make a test session of some hours to find (and remember) a maximum of things needing correction : so much work in perspective (I'll finally be of use !).

Do you want me to post some kind of v23.3 to test? I have ready push with new assets for Assyria and Arabia.

Do you want me to post some kind of v23.3 to test? I have ready push with new assets for Assyria and Arabia.

You already know my answer, don't you ? Take your time, we're not a gaming studio. ;)
If you want me to begin tests earlier, give a deadline, so that I can be available that day for serious test sessions. My goal is to help you with my meager resources and skills, not to make you hurry. :)

So I will post in few minutes ready v23 version. Remember that new stuff from @Blue Ghost has some lua issue and putting this back to work will take time, lots of time I suppose. Test what you can, check new texts, icons, Egypt I adopted earlier, popups (especially), scaling with game speed and more. :p

v23.3 out! Test it please.
Known issues:
  • lua from @Blue Ghost part may not work
  • New Iron Chariot model is invisible, but playable :p
Yay, when I think of all that stuff I have to add to the main post after those merges...

• is this art used somewhere?
  • added to Ranch: yields from border growth, +33% to mounted units - good?

Last edited:
is this art used somewhere?
That's the royal library for Assyria; It is used in the base VP game

What about flax icons rework?
Low priority. The current ones work well enough for now. If I recall the problems with flax are as follows, correct?
  • not enough contrast on Flax in-text icon
  • the current icon is ugly
  • no SV icon
If I were to do this, would people prefer that the icon be of a flax flower, or a bolt of linen? ie:
Spoiler :

I sent you invitation on github to be one of the colaborators. Accept it if you want.
Accepted :)

If you wrote 10-turn WLTKD shouldn't be mentioned that it is scaled? Or maybe say only Start WLTKD without number? You need to recheck all such stuff.
The base game says "10 turns on standard speed" in those cases, correct?
Anyone volunteer to merge art assets?
I have two questions regarding this point, actually:
  1. Having more icons as separate files won't actually seriously affect the filesize of the modmod; the only thing it will affect is the speed at which the game loads the mod into game. Are we particularly concerned with that?
  2. If we are to do an art asset merge then there is no point in culling unused art assets from the files right now, correct?
  3. If a cull of unused art assets is recommended, here are the current offenders:
    • Assyria Chariot - I recommend we go with an entirely new unit model and icon anyways. The current chariot model is a ranged unit, but the iron chariot is melee. I have attached files for a melee chariot into my 4UC art assets folder (which are isolated)
    • Venice - Fusta
    • Brazil - Sambadrome
    • Morocco - Corsair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom