5 Paths to Victory - Strategy Guide

MargaretKrohn

Chieftain
Hi everyone!

I recently beat the game via each path, so I created a video going over each path and what you'll need in order to win. Let me know what you think!

Enjoy!

Link to video.

Wanted to reply to some of the other people in the previous thread that got closed (See: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=538782). :)

billyboy920 said:
Appreciate your effort here. Not really very many good strategy guides yet.

Here are the things I hope to see in a strategy guide for each path:
1. Preferred starting conditions, faction, payload planet etc
2. Key victory conditions with intermediate milestones
3. Early build order, maybe 1st 5 builds
4. Early proposed tech sequence, maybe 1st 5 techs
5. A discussion of general mid game objectives
6. A discussion of the late game and finish

A good outline for presenting your strategies is 'The Promised Land: 7 City Purity Guide'. As you might have deduced, I would rather see something like a 2 page write up than a video. Guides for harmony and supremacy are in short supply. I think the time needed to do this in a a video or game play format would be really time consuming. A 40 minute video can usually be summarized in two or three paragraphs.
Thanks! This is really helpful. Yeah, like you stated, I'd have to make such a long video to encompass everything. This video originally started out as a 15 minute video and I continually cut it down as they prefer me to keep things around 3-5 minutes. Perhaps, I can try to make some side videos that are a bit more in-depth and longer. I definitely have enough footage! lol. 64+ hours of it. =P

rolfski said:
You are still missed within the Planetside 2 community Luperza!

Anyway, nice, well made video. Would love to see a more indepth guide per victory condition at some point, but I can imagine Curse not being the most suitable channel for that.
D'aww thanks for the kind words!

I'll see what I can do about a more in-depth video. They know I really enjoy the Civ series and they like when we work on stuff we are passionate about, so you never know! It's more so the length that I have to convince them is okay. People want longer more expansive videos on Civ stuff. It's such a complex game as there are so many variables. :D

KingMorgan said:
Very well made vid, but no strategy that I can see, more a piece of marketing.
I feel ya. I could see how it could appear that way. Any further suggestions you have?

Top Bottom