(6-08a) Acquire City Quest - Global Pool XP Reward (Distributed Equally)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enginseer

Salientia of the Community Patch
Supporter
Counter-Proposal to: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6-09-modify-city-capture-quest.685823/

CurrentProposedRationale
Conquer a City-State's XP Reward15-20 Global Experiences that can be multiplied and changed for variety. This is granted to all units.250-300 Global Experiences that can be multiplied and changed for variety. This is granted but divided to all units evenly in the army down to a minimum of 2 XP.The bigger your army, the weaker the XP reward is per unit. It is a buff if you have less than roughly 17-20 units, and a nerf if you have more than roughly 17-20 units.

Complex Proposal: DLL + UI + Database Changes

Last edited:
How would it bahve if you have let's say 5 units (edge case, I don't know if it is possible at all)? 300 per 5 means 60 XP per unit.

How would it bahve if you have let's say 5 units (edge case, I don't know if it is possible at all)? 300 per 5 means 60 XP per unit.
Then you have 60 XP. I don't know how you conquered a city with only 5 units, but I am impressed! It's an intended massive buff to tall empires that can have more quality over quantity units, per-se.

Then you have 60 XP. I don't know how you conquered a city with only 5 units, but I am impressed! It's an intended massive buff to tall empires that can have more quality over quantity units, per-se.
I did not. Just thinking of edge cases. But in current state it sounds unreal.

Would this counterproposal still allow multiple consecutive city conquest against the same civilization?

Sure, not really considering that at all though.

While this counterproposal is definitely much better than what we currently have in-game, I prefer my original version because I think this doesn't go far enough and is still too strong, and also retains many of the current issues (like giving too much XP to ranged/siege units). I also think point 2. of the original proposal is essential, because currently it's very easy to farm 3+ conquest quests from the same weak civ.

While this counterproposal is definitely much better than what we currently have in-game, I prefer my original version because I think this doesn't go far enough and is still too strong, and also retains many of the current issues (like giving too much XP to ranged/siege units). I also think point 2. of the original proposal is essential, because currently it's very easy to farm 3+ conquest quests from the same weak civ.
Blocking a quest for the rest of the game is not ideal for me. Your original proposal of adding a quest reward of units seems fine, but not appropriate for conquering a city. I rather have the declaring war on a specific player be part of granting you units since you know... that seems more ideal than +1 Happiness!

In other cases, I have reduced the Global Experience from 300 to 250 since I forgot City-State Reward Modifiers exist which can boost that up a lot. I have also amended it to include it in the RandomMod.

Couldn’t you sell a large portion of your army just before taking the city so you could max your XP on a few units and then re-buy a bunch of mercenaries after the city is captured?

Seems like you could abuse this.

Couldn’t you sell a large portion of your army just before taking the city so you could max your XP on a few units and then re-buy a bunch of mercenaries after the city is captured?

Seems like you could abuse this.
if your willing to spend that much gold just to get a few more levels on a small group of units.....more power to you I say.

I can just code in a maximum like it assumes you have at least 10 units, so (+30 XP). If it is such a worry... I'm just more impressed with what 10 units can do versus an AI army than anything.

ok what if you were gifted like one super elite unit. the quest only comes from a military CS, you get the UU from that military CS (or unit if your past the UU time), and the unit gets 3x the XP of your standard units. So you have this cool fun elite unit, its still more useful with a smaller army but it can certainly be a lynchpin in larger armies.

Do note that total pool should vary by era. Right now you get let's say 15 XP per unit. Classical you have ~20 units, you get 300 XP total. Industrial you have ~60 units, you get 900 XP total. If it's a static pool, that would be strange.

Also, Stalker's proposal is very cool :)

Made a counterproposal b awaiting approval, but agreed qwerty, mine scales by era rather than by unit or static.

I will sponsor this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom